Advanced search  

Poll

Who should open the Gaiden Thread?

Gamerlord
Projeck
RangerCado
You, you lazy bastard of a GM!

Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 508

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP  (Read 444652 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP
« Reply #7350 on: September 08, 2013, 12:00:21 pm »

It's just... I know kids whose parents abandoned them. The only thing they feel for them now, seventeen years later, is hate.
The ones I knew don't hate them, they just wanna find out why they left them.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7351 on: September 08, 2013, 12:00:43 pm »

I suppose the question is what that led to. Here, parental abandonment is a very bad thing because there's usually not much to pick up the slack. People can be perfectly happy in adoption and such, though. It depends on the effects.

i.e, if Isaac's life didn't suck because of abandonment, he's not going to hate her.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7352 on: September 08, 2013, 12:01:33 pm »

It's just... I know kids whose parents abandoned them. The only thing they feel for them now, seventeen years later, is hate.
Also, that.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: September 08, 2013, 12:07:27 pm »

Also, that.
Wow, okay. They... don't know why they left them, these days they don't really care. In fact, I'm fairly certain the eldest boy once tried to stab his dad when he saw him on the street.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7354 on: September 08, 2013, 12:08:36 pm »

Violent. Yeesh.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: September 08, 2013, 12:09:09 pm »

"It feels.. odd to me. Considering I was left at birth, but I'm past that now."
((Me: OHTHATIS-
Brain: No Gamerlord, that causes arguements. Stop that now.
Me: But it's ridi-
Brain: NO.
Me: Fine.))
He's had years to get over it, and probably doesn't even remember from before he was left. Now, if he was left at age 6-7, or if his life had been crappy because of the abandonment, that would be different...but there's not much to be over. Irritated at, perhaps, but not much more.
At least, that's how I see it.

((Wait. So you and your brain are completely different entities.
I am currently resisting the obvious thing to say.))
As am I.

Also, that.
Wow, okay. They... don't know why they left them, these days they don't really care. In fact, I'm fairly certain the eldest boy once tried to stab his dad when he saw him on the street.
So, these were not well-adjusted kids. I'd imagine they had issues other than (if possibly related to) parental abandonment.
Kids can grow up with people who aren't their birth parents and be perfectly well-adjusted and non-traumatized, just as those who grow up with their birth parents can be screwed up.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7356 on: September 08, 2013, 12:09:33 pm »

Also, that.
Wonderful. /sarcasm

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: September 08, 2013, 12:10:01 pm »

Violent. Yeesh.
They got dumped into the foster care system and only managed to find each other a few years ago. I can't really blame them.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: September 08, 2013, 12:11:37 pm »

Violent. Yeesh.
They got dumped into the foster care system and only managed to find each other a few years ago. I can't really blame them.
I suppose. Although, Isaac was maybe like a year old or so whenever he was 'abandoned'. He's had time to get past the hate, mainly because of Grey making him accept it more. Does that make sense for why he's not mad?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: September 08, 2013, 12:12:56 pm »

Violent. Yeesh.
I suppose. Although, Isaac was maybe like a year old or so whenever he was 'abandoned'. He's had time to get past the hate, mainly because of Grey making him accept it more. Does that make sense for why he's not mad?
Wait... isn't the Grey Athena?

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7360 on: September 08, 2013, 12:15:14 pm »

Violent. Yeesh.
I guess I should give the key differences between the two. Athena is what I call the brilliant grey. It's not the actual personality Grey, which is what I describe as a dark, empty grey.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: September 08, 2013, 12:15:38 pm »

Violent. Yeesh.
I guess I should give the key differences between the two. Athena is what I call the brilliant grey. It's not the actual personality Grey, which is what I describe as a dark, empty grey.
So Athena made Grey?

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7362 on: September 08, 2013, 12:17:00 pm »

Violent. Yeesh.
So Athena made Grey?
Well, she encouraged the making of Grey. Isaac's father -a person who was good at enchanting- made Grey and Maroon.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: September 08, 2013, 12:17:59 pm »

Violent. Yeesh.
So Athena made Grey?
Well, she encouraged the making of Grey. Isaac's father -a person who was good at enchanting- made Grey and Maroon.
So... Athena and Isaac's father made a personality that would wipe Isaac's mind of any hate/illfeeling towards them? That's fucked up.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7364 on: September 08, 2013, 12:19:20 pm »

It encouraged a threesome.

I'm cool with it.

/serious But yeah that is somewhat fucked up.
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 508