Advanced search  

Poll

Who should open the Gaiden Thread?

Gamerlord
Projeck
RangerCado
You, you lazy bastard of a GM!

Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 508

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP  (Read 445300 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP
« Reply #6810 on: September 06, 2013, 03:03:29 am »

Um. I was asking about that kinda stuff. If I remember correctly, she acted like a little bitch and refused to tell me anything LONG before the whole thing blew up.

... True enough she also has a thing against blood mages due to the whole bloodthirsty cannibal-making thing.
Which is inevitably something that being super diplomatic can accomplish.

Oh, yeah, if he manages to get her to like him as a person more than she hates him as a blood mage, she might answer his questions. Unfortunately, Vornar.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: September 06, 2013, 03:04:06 am »

Er, who deleted the tropes page?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: September 06, 2013, 03:10:45 am »

Rag, I'm happy being civil like this, but you need to have a word with Mcclay and GWG, or they're going to barge back in here later and decide that they need to insert their two cents, starting it all up again. That has happened on at least four seperate occaisions now and they are always the biggest arguements. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go exercise my frustration by butchering little bandits in a desert.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: September 06, 2013, 03:11:53 am »

No seriously who did it?
Sig! Onol

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: September 06, 2013, 03:13:37 am »

Rag, I'm happy being civil like this, but you need to have a word with Mcclay and GWG, or they're going to barge back in here later and decide that they need to insert their two cents, starting it all up again. That has happened on at least four seperate occaisions now and they are always the biggest arguements. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go exercise my frustration by butchering little bandits in a desert.

To be fair, you managed to piss ME off, and I'm a borderline sociopath <____<

So yeah, I feel for them too.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: September 06, 2013, 03:14:33 am »

Borderline sociopath high five?
Sig! Onol

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: September 06, 2013, 03:16:50 am »

... Wouldn't a high five be an expression of emotion, and thus highly unfitting for a greeting for borderline sociopaths?

Maybe a nice nod.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: September 06, 2013, 03:23:45 am »

... Wouldn't a high five be an expression of emotion, and thus highly unfitting for a greeting for borderline sociopaths?
Yes but sociopaths can still understand and emulate emotion, in this case it would be for the sake of irony.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: September 06, 2013, 03:31:26 am »

Yes but sociopaths can still understand and emulate emotion, in this case it would be for the sake of irony.

True enough. *ironic sociopathic high-five.*

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: September 06, 2013, 06:14:12 am »

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: September 06, 2013, 06:17:34 am »

True enough. *ironic sociopathic high-five.*
WHAT THE FUCK. I'M APPARENTLY A BORDERLINE SOCIOPATH AS WELL.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: September 06, 2013, 06:21:17 am »

No seriously who did it?
AND RotMG AND Everything: Gaiden. :I

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: September 06, 2013, 06:22:50 am »

WE MUST GET JUSTICE.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: September 06, 2013, 06:28:26 am »

NVM it's just TvTropes being silly according to Haspen. :I

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: September 06, 2013, 06:48:37 am »

I hate sleep. Not as much as I hate sleep deprivation, but pretty close.

((What did I miss?))
((Arguing in the OOC thread. @Projeck and I are considering quitting.))
What?!?

No, you cannot fucking forcibly change an entire race. That is literally evil, not just morally ambiguous, if Vornar goes through with his plan he will be fucking Satan-fucking-Hitler-in-the-dick Evil. Just because you don't fucking like a race doesn't mean you can fucking wipe them out. Just end the stupid fucking grudge and focus on the more interesting aspects of Vornar's character, like his big brother instinct. I had hoped that bringing you back into the game would make you mature but nope, not happening I guess. Fuck, I get home from stupid teenage drama and this is what I see. Making fucking Bay 12 proud guys.
Oh...
Um, can you keep Angerus in the IC thread and Godwin-level insults in the trash-bin of your mind? Neither of those helps.

So, flavor text soon?
No, fuck. This shit on top of what happened at school today has just put me off doing any fucking writing. Of course the time when I try to run a mission is the time where all the stupid ass drama pops up at school.
Well, here's hoping your school drama turns out well. Or at least not horribly.

Ugh, I'm sorry. I really shouldn't have brought it up but using racial cleansing in a positive light just pisses me off.
Gee, I wonder why.
But look at it like this: If he only cures volunteers, it's less like racial cleansing and more like wiping out polio.
And it's probably not going to work much better than if the Nazis decided to ethnically cleanse Europe with hugs and teddy bears. Although it is likely to be less adorably confusing.

Kyle is always an option. And so is Isaac.
Or Selina and Victoria could adopt another kid.
...That means that Vornar and Nikki will technically be siblings.
And now you've ruined it.

And honestly.. If I see this argument in a week or so.. I might just drop TA entirely because I really really don't need this.
Agreed. Quite frankly, if this continues, I might as well leave before the inevitable fall occurs.
I'm going to stick around until the OOC arguments ruin the IC fun. I've invested in this game and hope that everyone can be mature.

If everyone leaves, so am I.

I'm highly tempted to simply ban Vornar from committing genocide as a co-GM, because frankly it is pissing everyone off, me included.
As long as it's voluntary...partial genocide...yeah, when it can be voluntary and partial it's hard to compare to genocide.

Not to bring up the topic of genocide, but this assumes the Alcris sisters won't intervene. Considering that they seem to generally control forces....yeah.

Also, assuming the other guys, which include the guy who is essentially a reality warper, a telepath, a card-slinger, etc, etc.
I believe they would fall under Point 2. Arguably alongside Selina and Victoria in Point 1.

So... a cure for say... AIDS would be voluntary? NO.
Yes, a cure for AIDS would be voluntary. If you don't want to be cured of AIDS, you won't be. Forcing and AIDS cure on someone would not be ethical, any more than forcibly vaccinating the kids of one of those nutjobs who thinks that vaccines cause autism would be, or kicking rural people out of their family house so they "get to" live in a big city.

I thought we all bloody agreed to drop the subject. Clearly not.
Obviously not Gamerlord, and I refuse to drop the subject until I've had a chance to pick it up.

Um... they're both technically transmitted by fluid contact.
So is pregnancy.

EDIT: Also, a 'cure' or 'solution' for vampirism is a focus of almost ALL fiction featuring them.
From Dracula to Twilight, I'd say that there are abundant counter-examples.
And don't get me started on the source legends. Closest thing to a cure they had was "Kill them fast!"

RAGNAROK.
I said my plan. I went offline. I came back. People had... implied things. I defended myself. THAT IS ALL THAT HAS HAPPENED.
And that much is fine.
IT GETS A BIT SILLY WHEN YOU START YELLING AT PEOPLE!!

Not only that, it also sounds morally repugnant from an OOC perspective and it is chasing off players who hate it. So either drop it or keep the vampire racism to yourself.
*shakes head*
Racism implies they are a race. A plague victim is not another race.
Define "race". If you define it as narrowly as "A genetic subgroup of people," then no, they aren't, but then antisemitism isn't racism either.

A thing against vampires? I've toned this down a thousand fold. I can't change logic. I can't change common sense.
What is wrong with Nikki and Angel?
Is it that they drink blood, and if that's the problem would it be unkind to point out that they take it from volunteers and (almost) never drink it directly from the victim?
They're finding ways to make their vampirism not hurt people. They're not horrible people. They're not Ash Court.

I'm saying that vampirism is a disease. They are putting them up on a pedestal and acting like they can do no wrong.
So are you.

...IT IS NOT FUCKING ETHNIC CLEANSING. I WANT TO REMOVE THE VENOM, STOP THRALLMAKING AND REMOVE THE BLOODTHIRST. THAT IS ALL.
Vampires are an ethnic group.
You are talking about cleansing them.
it is by definition ethnic cleansing.
BWAHAHAHA.
I posted the definition of ethnic cleansing. IT IS NOT THAT.
You're right, it's not ethnic cleansing. It's more analogous to when the Europeans forced Native Americans to become Westernized.
Which was also highly immoral.

EDIT: Xantalos, that's a good idea. Especially since any vampire who declines is by definition evil.
I seem to recall saying exactly that last night...

EDITEDIT: Because, if they don't they're saying "I like drinking blood and putting people at risk!"
Or in the case of the pearl court, the only one you have actual experience with, 'The last time a blood mage fucked with my people HE MADE US A CLAN OF BLOODTHIRSTY CANNIBALS, trusting another of the fuckwits to help us is a HORRIBLE FUCKING IDEA.'
Thats... xenophobia, I think? Not sure. Something like that anyway. Wait a second. Vampires did not always drink blood?
It's more like when the Native Americans refused to believe the White Man would uphold his treaties after he kept breaking them.

And a final note to Gamerlord: Has it occurred to you that this exact same thing has happened before? Everyone was against you, including the GM, players threatening to quit, etc etc. Stop that. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if this happens a third time, Angel is not going to notice the existence of any of your characters.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 508