Advanced search  

Poll

Who should open the Gaiden Thread?

Gamerlord
Projeck
RangerCado
You, you lazy bastard of a GM!

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 508

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP  (Read 445403 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP
« Reply #3165 on: August 19, 2013, 08:15:45 am »

1. I have read. I don't get what makes risking your life something children can do while letting a friend drink your blood (side effects or no, Angel's not going to die) is terrible. Is it the story thing? If so, why did Vornar argue so passionately for the Headmistress to basically destroy the plot?

2. I'm not using Nikki's appearance as an excuse, I'm using her personality as an excuse. If she looks like a child and acts like a child, why does it matter that she's actually a few centuries old?

3. I never said no side effects, I just said that the side effects pale in comparison to the side effects war can bring. Given that this list includes "DEATH" at the top in big letters, this isn't a big accomplishment.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: August 19, 2013, 08:20:21 am »

1. I have read. I don't get what makes risking your life something children can do while letting a friend drink your blood (side effects or no, Angel's not going to die) is terrible. Is it the story thing? If so, why did Vornar argue so passionately for the Headmistress to basically destroy the plot?

2. I'm not using Nikki's appearance as an excuse, I'm using her personality as an excuse. If she looks like a child and acts like a child, why does it matter that she's actually a few centuries old?

3. I never said no side effects, I just said that the side effects pale in comparison to the side effects war can bring. Given that this list includes "DEATH" at the top in big letters, this isn't a big accomplishment.
1. Because Nikki is a predator. THAT IS WHAT A VAMPIRE IS. Or a parasite, whatever. No matter what, any 'friendship' she has will always revolve around blood and feeding. That's it.

2. At certain points Nikki switches to a ridiculously grown up manner of talking and acting. The only answer to this is that NIKKI IS PRETENDING.

3. War? Okay, say you have a hundred enemy soldiers. You have ten on your side. If you and your soldiers die, all the civilians will die. Among these civilians there are about a three hundred children who volunteer to fight. Which is more moral; fighting and certainly dieing with ten men, meaning every civilian (including those three hundred children) will die, or accepting the children's offer and winning?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: August 19, 2013, 08:23:43 am »

1. You answered a question I never asked.
Why is fighting a war OK, but letting a predator live not okay? Even when the predator is your friend?
By the way, have you ever owned a dog? I have. Dogs are basically wolves that don't attack us. Think of Nikki as a dog and, say, the Ash Court as wolves for a sec.

2. Find one point for me, show it to me.

3. You really think that having Angel fight now is going to be the turning point? Angel's not a Mary Sue, Gamer. She's a single soldier in an unusually small army. If she ducks out for a decade, mandated by herself or the school, that suck but it's not a game-ender.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: August 19, 2013, 08:26:24 am »

3. You really think that having Angel fight now is going to be the turning point? Angel's not a Mary Sue, Gamer. She's a single soldier in an unusually small army. If she ducks out for a decade, mandated by herself or the school, that suck but it's not a game-ender.
I JUST SAID THAT IS WHAT I THOUGHT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.
*sigh*
She was being trained. Hell, I actually didn't think Angel would be sent out on missions until after some kinda time skip or something.
DO NOT TRY AND STEAL MY POINTS FROM ME.

1. You answered a question I never asked.
Why is fighting a war OK, but letting a predator live not okay? Even when the predator is your friend?
By the way, have you ever owned a dog? I have. Dogs are basically wolves that don't attack us. Think of Nikki as a dog and, say, the Ash Court as wolves for a sec.
A dog doesn't need to drink my blood to survive. If it did, they would never have been domesticated.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: August 19, 2013, 08:31:53 am »

There is no need to shout. In fact, that makes me more certain that you are going to avoid actually arguing my points, instead yelling in BOLD AWL CAPS that I am a horrible psychopath who has never met an actual child.

And, again, why did you think that was going to happen? Hm? Was it Angel getting sent on the same training mission as everyone else, her being assigned to a team, how she is taking the exact same classes as everyone else, the way that at no point was the idea of Angel having a single thing different about her education mentioned?

Wolves do, however, need to eat flesh to survive. They often attacked humans.
It's not a great analogy, but it's better than equating vampiric blood-drinking to paedophilia.

And I can't help but notice that you never seem to answer all of my questions.
Why is letting Angel fight in a war OK but letting her let a friend drink her blood is horrible-paedophilia-kill-it-now?
Sig

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: August 19, 2013, 08:35:49 am »

Okay guys let's stop the fighting stuff. I can see this going Pantheon. Let's not go Pantheon.
Oh bloody hell not again!

I was trying to turn this into another LaFOTM!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: August 19, 2013, 08:38:15 am »

And I can't help but notice that you never seem to answer all of my questions.
Why is letting Angel fight in a war OK but letting her let a friend drink her blood is horrible-paedophilia-kill-it-now?
Because the fighting is Angel's choice. The first drinking of blood was done when Angel didn't know how the bite would affect her (if I remember correctly), she only found out afterwards, when she was being influenced. Nikki knew what could happen. She did not warn Angel.

Okay guys let's stop the fighting stuff. I can see this going Pantheon. Let's not go Pantheon.
Oh bloody hell not again!

I was trying to turn this into another LaFOTM!
Very sorry, but right now GWG is offending almost every sense of decency I have.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: August 19, 2013, 08:40:28 am »

And you mine, by not only insulting me in what seems to be every way you can think of, but by not answering my freakin' questions!

I've grown accustomed to how the Internet is full of people who will call you a psychopath at the drop of a hat. But, would it kill you to reward or repay my patience with you by actually engaging in the debate?
Sig

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: August 19, 2013, 08:41:08 am »

I JUST ANSWERED YOU. READ MY FUCKING POST.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: August 19, 2013, 08:41:12 am »

Agree to bloody disagree.

Seriously, I'm tempted to quit if it wasn't for the fact that:
A. Shipping
B. Apart from Twi and OREO I haven't RPed with another LaFOTM veteran in ages
C. The fact that I find this too fun to quit

...solely based on the amount of bloody arguing on this thread.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: August 19, 2013, 08:47:39 am »

Why does it take me prodding you to get you to answer?

And you know what? Half the thread is telling us to quit, you never come up with new arguments, regardless of the evidence or the people disagreeing with you you refuse to change your views or even adequately explain them, you completely ignored my biggest point, you don't think the opinion of anyone else matters (most obviously noted by you telling others to "stay out of this"), getting you to answer my questions is an uphill battle, you've called me a psychopath...I shouldn't be wasting my time, energy, and creative juices on this.

I'm done. Hate me, ignore me, boycott my games, but I'm done. In fact, please boycott my games; I'd prefer they not involve people who call each other psychopaths and claiming they've never loved a child.
I'm going to be ignoring any of your posts which involve this half-debate, half near-mindless shouting (guess which half is yours?), or which include all-caps words. Capiche? I'm done.

...If he calls me a psychopath again or something, can someone else please call him out on it for me?
Sig

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: August 19, 2013, 08:49:10 am »

Tempted to, considering the GM already told him to piss off.

As this is not my fight though, I'm just going to let it slide.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: August 19, 2013, 08:55:59 am »

And so he decides to stop. Let's pick this apart, shall we?

Why does it take me prodding you to get you to answer?
I had answered. I had to remind you to read.
And you know what? Half the thread is telling us to quit, you never come up with new arguments, regardless of the evidence or the people disagreeing with you you refuse to change your views or even adequately explain them, you completely ignored my biggest point, you don't think the opinion of anyone else matters (most obviously noted by you telling others to "stay out of this"), getting you to answer my questions is an uphill battle, you've called me a psychopath...I shouldn't be wasting my time, energy, and creative juices on this.
I don't need new arguements. You haven't disproved the old ones! I have explained my views, repeatedly. Don't claim I haven't. Read my damn posts and you'll know I have. Your 'biggest point' is the debate equivalent of 'LOOK OVER THERE!' then running.
I'm done. Hate me, ignore me, boycott my games, but I'm done. In fact, please boycott my games; I'd prefer they not involve people who call each other psychopaths and claiming they've never loved a child.
I'm going to be ignoring any of your posts which involve this half-debate, half near-mindless shouting (guess which half is yours?), or which include all-caps words. Capiche? I'm done.
Do you know when people do that? When they're wrong but don't want to admit it. That's when they just throw up their hands and declare the other person impossible. I all-cap my words when you don't listen. If you listened, I wouldn't have to all-cap. This probably would have been done in half the time.

I'm leaving as well. Fuck you GWG. Your arguements are the sort of shit I would expect from a sociopath trying to justify themself. I pray that no child ever has to suffer your care; you'd probably tell them to go play with the man in the van who's offering candy. Go to hell.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: August 19, 2013, 08:57:36 am »

.....gee. That's a nice way to say goodbye.

Now, for us less involved in this, shall we continue the regularly scheduled programming of shipping?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: August 19, 2013, 09:01:46 am »

...Great. Now Gamerlord is making me regret my promise. I'd explain why, but that would get into violating my promise, and I don't want to do that.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 508