Advanced search  

Poll

Who should open the Gaiden Thread?

Gamerlord
Projeck
RangerCado
You, you lazy bastard of a GM!

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 508

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP  (Read 445511 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP
« Reply #3120 on: August 19, 2013, 05:35:25 am »

Don't. Please. I am begging you here. Don't.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: August 19, 2013, 05:40:14 am »

But I thought you wanted to fix your kind's mistakes?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: August 19, 2013, 05:45:46 am »

Just don't. Please.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: August 19, 2013, 05:47:21 am »

That statement is tempting ...
What is he planning to do?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: August 19, 2013, 05:48:39 am »

Clone me and give the result to Angel and Nikki to feed on. So basically he wants to desecrate my corpse.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: August 19, 2013, 05:51:28 am »

Oh. While I have no problems with this, I can see how you would.
Can't really do anything though.
Sig! Onol

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: August 19, 2013, 05:55:54 am »

Clone me and give the result to Angel and Nikki to feed on. So basically he wants to desecrate my corpse.
See:
With a certain interpretation of "me" I suppose you could look at it like that.
You'd be wrong, of course, but it wouldn't be entirely inaccurate.

Also, you don't really have a corpse.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: August 19, 2013, 06:00:04 am »

JUST. DON'T. PLEASE.
 :'(

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: August 19, 2013, 06:02:04 am »

Willing to die to make a point about how bad and morally inferior everyone else is, yet not willing to suffer some slight indignity to fix those problems.
How very Vornar.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: August 19, 2013, 06:03:36 am »

You want to do something that may trap Vornar in that fleshy shell!

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: August 19, 2013, 06:04:30 am »

No I don't?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: August 19, 2013, 06:05:47 am »

But you don't know how cloning works in this! If it was perfect, why wouldn't the Dawnbreakers be using cloned soldiers?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: August 19, 2013, 06:07:47 am »

But you don't know how cloning works in this! If it was perfect, why wouldn't the Dawnbreakers be using cloned soldiers?
The who?
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: August 19, 2013, 06:08:43 am »

That's what the group the PCs belong to is called right? Or am I getting this shit mixed up again?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: August 19, 2013, 06:09:28 am »

"I mean, I hated Vornar.. but not that much.."
"DUDE, HE WAS TRYING TO FUCKING MURDER NIKKI AND ANGEL! I FUCKING HAD TO GET ALL UP IN HIS MOTHERFUCKING GRILL OR PATRICIDE WOULD HAVE BEEN THE ORDER OF THE FUCKING DAY!"
...Patricide?

((I was projecting some of my own irrational fears in that previous post: I could've sworn I was perfectly fine before @Ragnarok made that disease resistance roll and now I've got a really bad cold. At least I think it's a cold. Maybe it's something worse. Or necrosis. Or pregnancy. Damn it @Ragnarok! What roll did I get? :P))
Well, if you think it's a cold, it's probably not pregnancy. Especially since you are not a girl.

Whatever, no more debating tonight. >_> And seriously Vorn should stop, you're getting dangerously close to the edge of how far I can fudge her patience...
Translation:
"This was a good day for the Headmistress. Most of the time she's much more short-tempered".
Was that death for Vornar standard or chosen to be ironic?

And to be fair, she seems to be in denial. She thinks she is doing all she can but she's not. That teleporting robots thing? From what you've told us Rag, completely doable.
Didn't you say you couldn't complain about the concept of the game?
That's out the window if the Headmistress can just throw teleporting magical robots at the problem.
(Although maybe having a nigh-omnipotent Headmistress was a poor idea...)

-Nikki: easily the character i hate the most. Too many connotations of paedophilia and other morally wrong things.
You seem to be the only one reading that into it. And consider:
Paedophiles do not need sexual intercourse with children to survive.

-Angel: badly written. Five year olds don't talk like that, no matter how mature they are. Also, GWG, it its fucking annoying how you decide to act like anything your characters do must be morally right because they are doing it. Seriously, a five year old cannot consent to a relationship with a centuries old vampire.
1. She is a child prodigy. Basically, I copied the personality from RotMG, where I should note no one ever complained about it. And no one else complained here.
2. Like the Headmistress said, if she can give consent to risk her life in a war, she can give consent to have her blood drank by a vampire.

-Kyle: i was gonna have SO much fun with kyle. Messing with his head and shit. Oh well.
You really don't get why we hated Vornar, do you?

And finally, Vornar.
I want to explain why Vornar acted the way he did. You see, in Vornar's old city with his old friends, they killed people who hurt children. Painfully. Slowly. His entire life, Vornar learnt that there is no forgiveness for harming a child. None at all. Also, he learnt that Fae are dicks.
He also learnt that if you have power and you don't use it, you deserve no better than those who you enable. 'Evil triumphs when good men do nothing' and all that, which is why he was so confrontational with the headmistress at the end. He knew that she could stop all the unhappiness in the world with the barest of thoughts, if only she would look for the loopholes. But she wouldn't and handled Vornar pointing those loopholes out to her quite badly. So Vornar got killed.
I see.
Which doesn't explain why he was always a jerk beforehand, or why he didn't say a word when Angel basically agreed to risk her life whenever she had to, but whatever. It's not like one of your complaints for...two or three of the characters was how they were inconsistent with their given traits.
Oh wait.
That makes you a hypocrite. And if you pull out the "It's the core concept of the game" thing, why did you complain about the Headmistress not doing everything?
Still a hypocrite.

I was kinda hoping for a conversation with Death, maybe a (rigged) game of chance to come back to life, then off to the afterlife for a tearful reunion with my gang and a satisfying climax to Vornar's story.
Sucks. You complain about the GM's way of playing the game and most of the players, fail to notice that you are being a hypocrite, and oh yeah your character was basically a jerk to everyone until he met someone who fought back harder than he could take. After ignoring repeated warnings from her and the GM.
I don't care about this. We know it happens; leave it at that.

Only from a very, very limited point of view.

Willing to die to make a point about how bad and morally inferior everyone else is, yet not willing to suffer some slight indignity to fix those problems.
How very Vornar.
Like I said, hypocritical.

There's a big gap between "Traps the soul in the new shell" and "Perfect".
Just make a magically-augmented version of real-world cloning, if magical cloning does that for some reason.

That's what the group the PCs are called right? Or am I getting this shit mixed up again?
It's more like a cross between an army and Twilight Academy's alumni organization.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 508