Advanced search  

Poll

Who should open the Gaiden Thread?

Gamerlord
Projeck
RangerCado
You, you lazy bastard of a GM!

Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 508

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP  (Read 445189 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP
« Reply #6795 on: September 06, 2013, 02:36:58 am »

...IT IS NOT FUCKING ETHNIC CLEANSING. I WANT TO REMOVE THE VENOM, STOP THRALLMAKING AND REMOVE THE BLOODTHIRST. THAT IS ALL.

Vampires are an ethnic group.

You are talking about cleansing them.

it is by definition ethnic cleansing.
To put in a milder voice into this debate ...what if he makes it voluntary? If a vampire feels they don't want to have to drink blood and stuff any longer, then they can undergo the treatment. If not, not. Like a vasectomy or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: September 06, 2013, 02:38:58 am »

...IT IS NOT FUCKING ETHNIC CLEANSING. I WANT TO REMOVE THE VENOM, STOP THRALLMAKING AND REMOVE THE BLOODTHIRST. THAT IS ALL.

To put in a milder voice into this debate ...what if he makes it voluntary? If a vampire feels they don't want to have to drink blood and stuff any longer, then they can undergo the treatment. If not, not. Like a vasectomy or something.

Well, it'll never work, as if there's a cure it loses a lot of the narrative drama, but I guess if he roleplayed it well enough and it actually made narrative sense... He'd still have to make a new cure for each individual court since they're unrelated but similar polymorphic phenotypes, but yeah that'd be much less pissed-making.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: September 06, 2013, 02:39:20 am »

*twitch*
It really isn't. How are vampires an ethnic group when you said earlier that blood mages created them?

EDIT: Xantalos, that's a good idea. Especially since any vampire who declines is by definition evil.

EDITEDIT: Because, if they don't they're saying "I like drinking blood and putting people at risk!"
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:41:48 am by Gamerlord »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: September 06, 2013, 02:41:35 am »

*twitch*
It really isn't. How are vampires an ethnic group when you said earlier that blood mages created them?

EDIT: Xantalos, that's a good idea. Especially since any vampire who declines is by definition evil.

The Pearl Court were.

And in the same way the nietzcheans are. Genetically modified, still a distinct sociocultural group.

There are HUNDREDS of different Courts, each with their own origin and specific effects. that seems to be something you keep FUCKING FORGETTING.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: September 06, 2013, 02:42:10 am »

EDITEDIT: Because, if they don't they're saying "I like drinking blood and putting people at risk!"

Still relevant. If a cure to the bloodthirst and especially the removal of the venom is offered there is no moral recourse to reject it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: September 06, 2013, 02:42:59 am »

Well, it'll never work, as if there's a cure it loses a lot of the narrative drama, but I guess if he roleplayed it well enough and it actually made narrative sense... He'd still have to make a new cure for each individual court since they're unrelated but similar polymorphic phenotypes, but yeah that'd be much less pissed-making.
See? Repeating exactly the same thing as one person said in a calmer tone instantly takes the heat of the argument down a billion percent.
Anyhow none of this is relevant because Vornar is 8.

*twitch*

...I don't quite get you, but I'm tired. Night, guys. Please don't kill each other while I'm out.
Sig! Onol

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: September 06, 2013, 02:44:00 am »

Or in the case of the pearl court, the only one you have actual experience with, 'The last time a blood mage fucked with my people HE MADE US A CLAN OF BLOODTHIRSTY CANNIBALS, trusting another of the fuckwits to help us is a HORRIBLE FUCKING IDEA.'

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: September 06, 2013, 02:45:10 am »

Look, if someone can give me a proper moral explanation for a vampire refusing to have the Venom and Bloodthirst removed, I'll drop it. But until then, I will go ahead with my plans if I can.

Or in the case of the pearl court, the only one you have actual experience with, 'The last time a blood mage fucked with my people HE MADE US A CLAN OF BLOODTHIRSTY CANNIBALS, trusting another of the fuckwits to help us is a HORRIBLE FUCKING IDEA.'
Thats... xenophobia, I think? Not sure. Something like that anyway. Wait a second. Vampires did not always drink blood?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: September 06, 2013, 02:46:03 am »

Wait, the Pearl Court didn't have to drink blood before whatever the blood Mage did?
This opens up whole new worlds of possibilities.
Sig! Onol

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: September 06, 2013, 02:46:13 am »

Look, if someone can give me a proper moral explanation for a vampire refusing to have the Venom and Bloodthirst removed, I'll drop it. But until then, I will go ahead with my plans if I can.

Thats... xenophobia, I think? Not sure. Something like that anyway. Wait a second. Vampires did not always drink blood?
Ask Nikki. Oh wait, you won't do that because she's a monster. *eyeroll* Spoilers.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: September 06, 2013, 02:47:18 am »

Um. I was asking about that kinda stuff. If I remember correctly, she acted like a little bitch and refused to tell me anything LONG before the whole thing blew up.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: September 06, 2013, 02:47:37 am »

Well, Darnos'll do that when he gets back or something. I could have THE do it but honestly it has no real reason to.
Sig! Onol

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: September 06, 2013, 02:52:10 am »

Um. I was asking about that kinda stuff. If I remember correctly, she acted like a little bitch and refused to tell me anything LONG before the whole thing blew up.

... True enough she also has a thing against blood mages due to the whole bloodthirsty cannibal-making thing.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: September 06, 2013, 02:53:10 am »

I was actually considering making Vornar into a 'super vampire' until that went to hell.

EDIT: As in, no bloodlust, no weaknesses, just the upsides.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: September 06, 2013, 02:53:40 am »

... True enough she also has a thing against blood mages due to the whole bloodthirsty cannibal-making thing.
Which is inevitably something that being super diplomatic can accomplish.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 508