Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 39

Author Topic: Dom3 Round 15 - Game in Progress  (Read 52672 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Dom3 Round 15 - Game in Progress
« Reply #480 on: February 06, 2014, 09:08:49 pm »

Yeah, I don't think we need to worry about Mictlan.  With turns lasting a week and JarodCain's limited involvement, it's entirely possible that we won't hear from Mictlan for quite some time even with regularly-submitted turns.

So I would say it's premature to count them out just yet.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 08, 2014, 06:30:33 pm »

May I point out how impressed I am with the speed with which Helheim has bolstered their nearly-expired dominion? I mean, not that they had a choice if they didn't want to be et by boarish/damp candles, but still.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 08, 2014, 09:50:23 pm »

EJ: Called it before I clicked.

GMan: see, this is why we can't have nice things.

(And by "this", I mean lack of communication, and by "nice things" I mean coordinated joint firefighting campaigns.)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 08, 2014, 10:33:09 pm »

Whoops, those golems clearly weren't intended for size 5 Warriors of the Deep :P.

In all honesty I kind of figured you'd just have better things to do than mop up the few meager remaining Abysian territories.

Eh, well it's all fine by me if it's fine by you. They would have expired their primary usefulness after the Abysian campaign anyway. I just wanted to progress things along to open up those delicious global slots. :D

Edit:

May I point out how impressed I am with the speed with which Helheim has bolstered their nearly-expired dominion? I mean, not that they had a choice if they didn't want to be et by boarish/damp candles, but still.
Haha, I won't be fielding immortals any time soon but it is indeed a welcome recovery. All thanks to the power of friendship and blood sacrificing. :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:41:21 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 08, 2014, 11:19:59 pm »

Whoops, those golems clearly weren't intended for size 5 Warriors of the Deep :P.

In all honesty I kind of figured you'd just have better things to do than mop up the few meager remaining Abysian territories.

The only size 5 troops on the field were the Atlantian royalty skulking in the back; even the Living Pillars up on the line were only size 3, so I'm kinda surprised the golems didn't do better. Especially since that was the Atlantian Plague Corps, who's been rotting from the inside out for going on two years after a few months of starvation early in the the War of of the Tides, not to mention their subsequent sojourn in a disease province...

The few remaining meager Abysian territories includes their capital all the way on the far west of the map, which has a nasty infestation of Jeffs and researchers that we haven't managed to root out yet, so just ignoring it in favor of doing other things is unfortunately not an option.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 08, 2014, 11:25:19 pm »

Weird, I thought I remembered them being size 5 when I played Atlantis last. :-\
Clearly I should actually look at these things in game instead of just blurting things out but that's what happens when you're drinking. :P

Anyway... Yeah go ahead. Like I said, I just want the globals gone and at this point I'm far too lazy to move out more golems into position anyway.

All hail the new management regime!
Just don't build more temples please! :)

Edit:

No I'm not surprised they lost though. As diseased and wounded as your army was, it was still composed mostly of units with high strength and golems are pathetic in regards to attack and defense themselves, so it was easy for your units to get in and perform multiple attacks that could bypass the golem's decent protection. Those golems were in no way designed for that fight (or anything other than crushing province defense and mostly empty castles.)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 11:30:28 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 08, 2014, 11:37:28 pm »

Let me just say that, despite skepticism of the utility of Living Pillars mooted earlier in this thread, I've found them to be extremely solid troops, albeit nothing I'd even momentarily consider building a bless strategy around. They may be slow, and expensive, and high-fatigue, but between their high HP, fire/frost immunity, obscene-by-EA-standards prot, excellent morale, slightly-higher-than-avg MR, and magic weapons, they're perfectly respectable heavy infantry.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 09, 2014, 09:26:06 am »

Tell me about it. They're the perfect anti-Abysia infantry at the very least.

I did try to design a line of SCs to replace my rapidly burning-out armies, but none of the options I could muster were even remotely viable to stand against those humongous blobs of living pillars. Etheralness is out, high prot is barely useful, fire is out the question.
The only vaguelly sensible attempt at creating flying corps of Zmeys had been thwarted by the utter failure to remove the perpetual bad weather. Ugh.

If only Jeff had made different educational choices in his early days, he wouldn't be today complaining of all that dampness around his home. Alas, it's so much harder to learn new things when you're all crooked by too many worries spread over too many days, and what's left of your hair is as white as unicorn's seminal fluid.

Life can bite you in the arse, let me tell you that. Even my son doesn't talk to me any more, the ingrate.

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 11, 2014, 02:38:37 pm »

Yomi is interested in purchasing blood slaves in bulk, and is glad to offer to pay in cash, gems, or forged items.  Only nature and water gems are in short supply.

Looking at you, Abysia, Vanheim, and Mictlan, although we accept blood slaves from all folks.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 11, 2014, 05:08:41 pm »

Son, you'll get nothing from me. I disown you.

And you, Atlantis, I'm dissapointed in your cheap temple-planting strategy. Are you that afraid of Mighty Jeff's last stand? Do you fear you may underestimate my potential and end up like your dumb bird just did?
I understand, I would be afraid of my great might too. Still, I am dissapoint.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 11, 2014, 06:56:40 pm »

Son, you'll get nothing from me. I disown you.

And you, Atlantis, I'm dissapointed in your cheap temple-planting strategy. Are you that afraid of Mighty Jeff's last stand? Do you fear you may underestimate my potential and end up like your dumb bird just did?
And I'm impressed by this new word "dissapoint".  Like a merger of dissing and disappoint!  A great way to belittle one's foes!  I salute the Great Il Palazzo, even in this, his final hour.

Yomi is interested in purchasing blood slaves in bulk, and is glad to offer to pay in cash, gems, or forged items.  Only nature and water gems are in short supply.

Looking at you, Abysia, Vanheim, and Mictlan, although we accept blood slaves from all folks.
Maybe if you hadn't stolen my Gift of Health, you might have some spare nature gems.   >:(

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 11, 2014, 07:44:20 pm »

One does not calmly and patiently dismantle something by precipitating. Also, you may not have noticed, but Atlantian temples are traditionally constructed with no less than one lightening rod per square ell, so I think we can safely say that you have no one to blame but yourself for their prevalence.

And that "dumb bird", as you call the fleshling shell worn by- erm, the noble Roc known as Gug'lanna the Visitor (that translates to Smiley Humanfriend in the Tongue of the Rocs), could not bear to see the unimaginable suffering of the poor Abysian people, left without guidance and starving while their selfish master feasts and frolics in his pleasure palace. As any higher being would do, Smiley sacrificed its very mortal body so as to provide the long-suffering Abysian peasants with a 2000-piece bucket of fricasseed birdflesh.

(It's only a pity Smiley wasn't a fish; those peasants should be fattening up their lean, stringy brains, not their useless fleshy trunks...)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 11, 2014, 07:56:49 pm »

I'm definitely developing alzheimer's or something.

Freaking sleep deprivation and work related stress adding up; I could have sworn I submitted the turn.

This is totally unlike me guys, I'm really sorry. :-[

Edit:

It's not really a huge deal because I'm still waiting for a siege to finish anyway and I'm lacking any real post siege plans at the moment :-\.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:01:17 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 12, 2014, 05:51:48 am »

And I'm impressed by this new word "dissapoint".  Like a merger of dissing and disappoint!  A great way to belittle one's foes!  I salute the Great Il Palazzo, even in this, his final hour.
Yes, that was absolutely on purpose and very clever of me, and had nothing to do with me not knowing how to spell properly.

Cheeky git.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 39