Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39

Author Topic: Dom3 Round 15 - Game in Progress  (Read 52678 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Dom3 Round 15 - Game in Progress
« Reply #435 on: December 21, 2013, 01:34:44 pm »

All you lazy gits who haven't submitted your turns yet need to get cracking!!!

*cough*

Talking to yourself again?   :P

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 21, 2013, 07:44:51 pm »

I have no idea what you're talking about. Why, I submitted my turn with a good 10-11h to spare.

[Edit: make that 34-35h to spare. Go. Me!]
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 01:38:15 am by E. Albright »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 22, 2013, 06:57:10 am »

And we are reborn!

As a Christmas present, could we have a turn extension?  :D

Actually the computer still isn't fixed but a relative of mine was kind enough to lend me their computer. I was planning to have the turn done either by tonight or tomorrow.

Also, Death Scales and Drain? Ouch.

Let us know when you have regular computer access so we can spam you with friend requests.   :P

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 23, 2013, 04:25:24 pm »

Well I do have regular access through the borrowed computer so by all means feel free to shower me with friend requests should you feel so inclined.

Edit:
Hate to ask but can we have the turn extended to 26th instead of the 25th. It's a little hectic as is.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 12:45:48 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 24, 2013, 04:17:28 pm »

It's already been extended to the 28th as seen here.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 24, 2013, 05:28:28 pm »

Ah, thanks. That's a genuine relief.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #441 on: December 24, 2013, 05:35:48 pm »

I noted that it said the 25th and said **** that noise
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #442 on: December 30, 2013, 05:14:41 pm »

Well a new patch is apparently arrived for Dom3. You can of course get it from the Dom3 page. In other news this patch hates my game. It applies correctly for everything but the dom3.exe which it says it was denied access to. I tried moving it around and doing a number of other access denied fixes and even did a fresh install and tried from that but no dice. With a bit of looking around its probably something to do with Windows hating me or something and since the clean install didn't work I probably need someone to get me the patched exe.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 30, 2013, 06:20:55 pm »

They're still working on this game?

So that's where my Dom4 patch went :P

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #444 on: December 30, 2013, 06:36:06 pm »

I expect a couple more patches will be forthcoming as is because they don't seem like a place that drops something as soon as they have a newer game. Many people still play Dom3 and so they still somewhat support it. They would not have bothered getting it on steam if it wasn't true. I listened to a podcast I follow interview one of the original people who made the game and he sounded like a really cool guy.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 30, 2013, 06:54:07 pm »

The other thing with additional patches for Dom3 is that there's still substantial code/resource overlap with Dom4, as is kinda telling if you look at the changelog for this one.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 30, 2013, 09:51:28 pm »

Which makes me worried that the new patches will fix more than they break, sigh.

Course, Llamaserver requires us all to have the most-up-to-date version, so we've got no choice.

So, epic question: Will Patches destroy this epic game?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 30, 2013, 09:53:24 pm »

Well a new patch is apparently arrived for Dom3. You can of course get it from the Dom3 page. In other news this patch hates my game. It applies correctly for everything but the dom3.exe which it says it was denied access to. I tried moving it around and doing a number of other access denied fixes and even did a fresh install and tried from that but no dice. With a bit of looking around its probably something to do with Windows hating me or something and since the clean install didn't work I probably need someone to get me the patched exe.

Sounds like you need to disable read-only access to your dom3.exe file, and probably set the file to always run as administrator.  I got the patch to install properly with Windows 7.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #448 on: December 31, 2013, 02:11:53 pm »

I did disable read-only and I ran the patch as admin. I also copied the whole folder to desktop and a few other places and tried it in those places. Some other people have had this problem with previous patches. It seems somewhat random and is probably just some strange combo of stuff that couldn't be tested for.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 31, 2013, 03:15:47 pm »

You might try re-downloading the patch.  Other than that, I'm out of ideas.  I think I once had to download somebody else's dom3.exe file due to problems with the patch, so I can sympathize.  Llamaserver seems to be down.  I was probably going to ask for an extension anyways (everyone recovering from their hangovers on the due date of Jan 2nd, right?  ;D ).
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39