Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Magicka: Wizard Wars Alpha  (Read 3634 times)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magicka: Wizard Wars Alpha
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 10:03:58 pm »

I recived a steam mail with 2 keys for the alpha. Check your mails, also im leaving the 2nd one here if some one is interested, just tell me when its claimed.
VRHYN-KXRBN-6ML5Z

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 10:27:52 pm »

enjoy!
NZ5NB-LD702-E803T

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 10:31:08 pm »

I recived a steam mail with 2 keys for the alpha. Check your mails, also im leaving the 2nd one here if some one is interested, just tell me when its claimed.
VRHYN-KXRBN-6ML5Z

Thanks for sharing! I claimed the key and I am installing it now :)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 10:34:36 pm »

I claimed SharpKris' key, thank you very much.

Out of curiosity and while the game is downloading does anyone know if the alpha has Oceanic servers? It's annoying (albeit understandable) that smaller titles don't have servers for alpha testers who live in Australia and neighbouring countries. US pings are pretty bad and are often too laggy for faster paced games such as Magicka.

US West/East Coast and Europe servers only. Disappointing but expected.

The view distance seems very odd. I thought it was in the wrong resolution at first so I went hunting around to find the config file but it was apparently in 1080p.
Moment is strange. I don't think it's necessarily bad but it takes some getting used to.
Magicks being reduced to only three components does speed up combat a bit but some of the more interesting spell like the steam bombs and my beloved ARSE mines are gone.
Lack of a decent training area to test off spell combinations is quite horrible. Even just a dummy with infinite life so I can test damages would be great.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:11:36 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 09:57:00 am »

Alpha is aplha i guess, i still havent tried it tough.
EDIT: Played some of it, it has a little tutorial the fist time you play the game, also games seems to always be stacked on one team, like the match maker isnt even trying, and becouse of the maps layout some times games take less than a few minutes.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:05:29 am by ukulele »

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2014, 12:49:31 pm »

Time for some timely necro. Got my code today, so here's yours!

59RHW-VI8JZ-452XI

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2014, 10:27:56 pm »

This is nifty.

The problem is the matchmaker doesn't seem to find anyone despite them giving access to all mount&blade owners a bit ago.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2014, 10:33:14 pm »

This is nifty.

The problem is the matchmaker doesn't seem to find anyone despite them giving access to all mount&blade owners a bit ago.

That explains why I have access. I wondered why it was spontaneously in my game pile in spite of never really activating it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2014, 10:43:29 pm »

This is nifty.

That explains why I have access. I wondered why it was spontaneously in my game pile in spite of never really activating it.
I got news of it via Paradox newsletter.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2014, 02:16:50 am »

quick necro. as of may 27th magicka wizard wars is now in open beta.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2014, 11:03:23 am »

quick necro. as of may 27th magicka wizard wars is now in open beta.
Which is useless news unless the playerbase is actually existing now. I tried this back in march and no one ever showed up.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2014, 12:22:23 pm »

This game needs a bit more attention imo. They're doing a pretty fantastic job with balance, and it's getting to be quite fun.

That said, I've recently noticed an issue with earthquake stunlock...  :P
Pages: 1 [2]