Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 55

Author Topic: Airship Combat: Rocket man.  (Read 72237 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Airship Combat: Now with More, probably hard to follow, Tutorials
« Reply #495 on: July 29, 2013, 09:57:13 am »

Well, if you watch Westerns, speed is the god stat. If you hit of course. Or he isn't out of range. Or if your gun doesn't jam. And he doesn't happen to wear armor. Or he didn't throw a smoke or a flash grenade before appearing. Or if he didn't happen to sneak up on you. And if he doesn't just ignore the pain and fire back. And kill you.
These things only really become god stats if you let them. The devil's in the details.

But anyway, I'm not sure I agree with your conclusions, but I don't think I can really convince you without doing a test with the system that I am thinking of. Or writing 50 pages of crap no one will ever read. And since we're doing a test anyway, might as well do yours. Since it's your game.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #496 on: July 29, 2013, 10:02:48 am »

Well, if you watch Westerns, speed is the god stat. If you hit of course. Or he isn't out of range. Or if your gun doesn't jam. And he doesn't happen to wear armor. Or he didn't throw a smoke or a flash grenade before appearing. Or if he didn't happen to sneak up on you. And if he doesn't just ignore the pain and fire back. And kill you.
These things only really become god stats if you let them. The devil's in the details.

But anyway, I'm not sure I agree with your conclusions, but I don't think I can really convince you without doing a test with the system that I am thinking of. Or writing 50 pages of crap no one will ever read. And since we're doing a test anyway, might as well do yours. Since it's your game.
Yeah, if it doesn't work I'll change things. There is a bit of a thing to give speed an advantage sometimes though. Eh, you'll see when the manual is finished.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 05, 2013, 10:14:41 am »

Bump.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #498 on: August 05, 2013, 08:20:54 pm »

Devlog;

Man, it's been a while. Fear not, I am still actively working on this. I've handled all the skills, I've got the systems for melee and ranged ready, which includes dual wielding rules for ranged, melee and a combination. Rules for fighting multiple opponents, rules for taking and moving between cover, rules for assassination and critical blows etc.

Currently, I'm working on the wounding system and then onto the player items. After that it's pretty much done, mechanically.

I mean, I'll still have to create a bunch more ship items and the world maps and figure out exactly how the fleshers raise those newts...but we can worry about that after this test! Soon friends,soon.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 05, 2013, 09:33:49 pm »

Man, it's been a while. Fear not, I am still actively working on this. I've handled all the skills, I've got the systems for melee and ranged ready, which includes dual wielding rules for ranged, melee and a combination. Rules for fighting multiple opponents, rules for taking and moving between cover, rules for assassination and critical blows etc.
((Are you sure this isn't just Assasins Creed 4, The Forum Game?

Also, what do you mean by a "flesher," and what is a "newt"?))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 05, 2013, 09:47:33 pm »

Pmed actions

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #501 on: August 05, 2013, 09:51:48 pm »

Pmed actions
Yes, there will be. In fact, combat kind of relies around it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 05, 2013, 09:53:58 pm »

Can we take a point in Linguistics so we can taunt our enemies in a language they can't understand?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #503 on: August 05, 2013, 10:07:13 pm »

Can we take a point in Linguistics so we can taunt our enemies in a language they can't understand?
No. But the speech skill does have a "Intimidation" specialization. So you could literally specialize in trash talk.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 05, 2013, 10:59:49 pm »

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 05, 2013, 11:14:14 pm »

Yes, because that's definitely the kind of newt piecewise meant, and it definitely fit the context...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 06, 2013, 12:00:13 am »

No. But the speech skill does have a "Intimidation" specialization. So you could literally specialize in trash talk.
This
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #508 on: August 06, 2013, 12:34:02 am »

I'm not saying~

Feel free to guess.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 06, 2013, 12:36:41 am »

I'm not saying~

Feel free to guess.

Is it a kind of metal alloy?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 55