Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 55

Author Topic: Airship Combat: Rocket man.  (Read 72303 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Airship Combat: Now with More, probably hard to follow, Tutorials
« Reply #390 on: July 25, 2013, 07:10:44 pm »

Keep watching the Blue ship and fire the cannon if it comes in line...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 25, 2013, 07:13:37 pm »

The next turn won't be much better. And the turn after that. Mayyybe the turn after that, but probably not. If anything, and especially if we're interested in expediently finishing the test, I'd just say to fast-forward the next few turns until one side can potentially get a shot at the other. Probably will have to be done at night, when Daruish comes online.

Is there anything I can repair? If yes, get busy on that.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #392 on: July 25, 2013, 07:17:45 pm »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3klmi9auq261zvi/stuff.png

List of ship modules so far. Anything missing you can think of?

The next turn won't be much better. And the turn after that. Mayyybe the turn after that, but probably not. If anything, and especially if we're interested in expediently finishing the test, I'd just say to fast-forward the next few turns until one side can potentially get a shot at the other. Probably will have to be done at night, when Daruish comes online.

Is there anything I can repair? If yes, get busy on that.
We can just end the test now, give me a bit to get everything ready for the next part and then start that, if you guys want. I think this has helped me work things out pretty well, brought up the issues and such.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 25, 2013, 07:20:59 pm »

Instructions on how to look at those would be nice, I guess.
Maybe some kind of ram?

We can just end the test now, give me a bit to get everything ready for the next part and then start that, if you guys want. I think this has helped me work things out pretty well, brought up the issues and such.
I am ambivalent towards this option.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 25, 2013, 07:22:46 pm »

I don't know. I still want us to ram the other side, but if you feel like the test has served it's usefullness, I'm okay with it.

That said, if we don't fast-forward, the next few days can be a little dull.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #395 on: July 25, 2013, 07:24:47 pm »

Maybe some kind of ram?

Oh, don't worry there's gonna be instructions and data for everything. I'm just showing off what exists and asking if there's more you want.

I don't know. I still want us to ram the other side, but if you feel like the test has served it's usefullness, I'm okay with it.

I can just move both ships close together, on a collision course if everyone is ok with that. I just don't want to jump you two together and then piss off people for doing so.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 25, 2013, 07:28:32 pm »

Oh, don't worry there's gonna be instructions and data for everything. I'm just showing off what exists and asking if there's more you want.
Smoke shells? Set fuse, explode in air, can't see anything through a square.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 25, 2013, 08:33:48 pm »

Maybe some kind of ram?

I can just move both ships close together, on a collision course if everyone is ok with that. I just don't want to jump you two together and then piss off people for doing so.
Heres an idea, consider eveything in teh past a ranged test. And auto-ram us together. and begin a melee/CQC test.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #398 on: July 25, 2013, 08:51:49 pm »

I could do this:

Team picks their designated pilot. I roll them against each other, whoever wins is the rammer, and loser is ramme. I put you one turn out from hitting-give everyone time to get ready, grab what they want, etc.- and then we hit and shit goes nuts.

Show of hands?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 25, 2013, 08:57:32 pm »

Abstain.
Sig

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 25, 2013, 10:05:56 pm »

I could do this:

Team picks their designated pilot. I roll them against each other, whoever wins is the rammer, and loser is ramme. I put you one turn out from hitting-give everyone time to get ready, grab what they want, etc.- and then we hit and shit goes nuts.

Show of hands?
Sounds like fun to me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 25, 2013, 10:40:06 pm »

Whatever's fine with me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #402 on: July 25, 2013, 10:51:38 pm »

Welp, suggest your pilots. Lets get this literal shipwreck going.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 25, 2013, 11:00:45 pm »

In the event of ramming, can I be topdeck on the opposite side of the ramming side, to board?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 25, 2013, 11:04:57 pm »

Dariush is the only blue pilot.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 55