Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 55

Author Topic: Airship Combat: Rocket man.  (Read 72235 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Airship Combat: Now with More, probably hard to follow, Tutorials
« Reply #465 on: July 28, 2013, 10:41:14 am »

Sounds Fun. I wonder what the difficulty would be to modify a harpoon gun to be meant to do that by default...
*starts mentally sketching plans for a double-barreled harpoon gun*
In the next test, you're not gonna be able to change the guns like that. Final game, sure, next test, not so much.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 28, 2013, 11:31:19 am »

Uh, isn't the whole purpose of test games to test stuff you're going to implement in the final game?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 28, 2013, 11:39:36 am »

I think he means the final test game.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #468 on: July 28, 2013, 11:56:28 am »

Modifying the guns like that in the final game is fine, but will require actually going out, buying the parts, spending some time modifying, etc. Not the sort of thing you can really do in a straight combat test like this.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 28, 2013, 03:04:58 pm »

Ah, did I miss the next game?

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 28, 2013, 03:06:47 pm »

Ah, did I miss the next game?
Nope, it's a lottery. So you can still sign up and hope.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 28, 2013, 03:11:11 pm »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #472 on: July 28, 2013, 04:18:03 pm »

And Guns is dones. Ammo too. Explosions are a bit wonky right now; Mortars will punch holes straight down through several levels (Note to self, add metal plating options for decks) and giant explosions can completely destroy the walls and structures in an area but leave floors and ceilings undamaged. That will be worked out in the final game, once I get the explosions working as 3d damage spheres, but it will work as it is for now. Currently working on the systems and structures part. After that it's weight and pricing for everything, then explanations of how things work. Power draw may or may not be a thing this round, when it comes to the power source. Will be in the finished game, may not be for now. It is coming along.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 28, 2013, 08:26:57 pm »

I leave for the day and the next thing I see is a bunch of people saying "In" for the next game, in the absense of any Piecewise's request for signups yet. Why would that happen?

Probably because all of Piecewise's games are Awesome, so any possible chance of getting in one is sufficient reason to post "in".

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #474 on: July 28, 2013, 08:34:08 pm »

Everything is stat'd with costs and Weight now. Time to do a little calculating to see how strong these engines should be...

Things are growing close to being ready. I'm taking a break from Ship building and starting to put together the Crew manual right now. It will contain the stats and skills lists as well as an explanation of the piloting system. It, and the ship builder's guide, will be posted as two separate pdf's once they're done. They will include information from the finished game that may change/be non-applicable to the next test. When the time comes I'll point out what things you don't want to pick for now, but it should be fairly common sense. Ie don't pick fucking charisma and speech based things for a test of the combat system.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 28, 2013, 09:28:18 pm »

Ie don't pick fucking charisma and speech based things for a test of the combat system.
i.e: Part of the reason I'll be skipping it. Playing a Charisma character is simply more involving than "Hit guy with sword," or "Load Cannons, Fire Cannons". No offense to people playing those types of characters. Although being a pilot and having to predict other's actions is always fun.

I leave for the day and the next thing I see is a bunch of people saying "In" for the next game, in the absense of any Piecewise's request for signups yet. Why would that happen?

Probably because all of Piecewise's games are Awesome, so any possible chance of getting in one is sufficient reason to post "in".
No matter how retorical a question is, someone will always answer it. Now why would that happen? Now don't you dare fucking answer this, you, who pressed "quote" on this post. The beauty of retorical questions, is that they are best left unanswered.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 28, 2013, 09:33:01 pm »

Probably, at least this time, because you kinda literally asked for it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 28, 2013, 09:33:11 pm »

Idea: Weapons-grade megaphones that amplify and direct voices enough to carry demoralizing taunts to other ships!

A bit silly, but if you've got high enough Charisma and Taunt scores...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 28, 2013, 09:34:19 pm »

Ie don't pick fucking charisma and speech based things for a test of the combat system.
Is charisma and speech anything like ER's charisma and speech system? You know, where it results in speech vs will rolls.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #479 on: July 28, 2013, 09:44:15 pm »

Is charisma and speech anything like ER's charisma and speech system? You know, where it results in speech vs will rolls.
Pretty much. But trying to talk a guy out of a berserker rage is a bit harder then talking him into getting you a sandwich.

i.e: Part of the reason I'll be skipping it. Playing a Charisma character is simply more involving than "Hit guy with sword," or "Load Cannons, Fire Cannons". No offense to people playing those types of characters. Although being a pilot and having to predict other's actions is always fun.

No matter how retorical a question is, someone will always answer it. Now why would that happen? Now don't you dare fucking answer this, you, who pressed "quote" on this post. The beauty of retorical questions, is that they are best left unanswered.
You should like that there is literally a category of skills called "Skullduggery"
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 55