Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: A Shift of Silver [D&D 3.5 Maptools]  (Read 9338 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: A Shift of Silver [D&D 3.5 Maptools]
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2013, 10:50:33 pm »

I'm planning on dipping barb next level, which is why I left the temp score blank- for now. It'lll become much more relevant later.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2013, 10:52:17 pm »

Posting to watch and see how this one develops, gleaning what information I can. Also saying hello.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2013, 10:59:33 pm »

AW YEA

Looking forward to this, and I'll definitely be there on the 1st. Congrats on getting the job, BTW!

I updated this post with some information on the current party.

Thanks; having all the links collected in one spot is very much appreciated. Nice descriptions, too.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2013, 12:31:28 am »

You know what, I think the name Varies will stick. I will be able to attend next week.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2013, 12:35:17 am »

You know what, I think the name Varies Varys will stick. I will be able to attend next week.

Yes? No? Maybe?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2013, 12:37:36 am »

I was actually just now thinking Varyas.
I've a couple touch-ups on my sheet then I'll be done.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2013, 02:40:09 am »

Good to see I made it, and anyone looking to make their shit magical only needs to provide the materials and gold, though there are some things I can't do. For instance, you'd need to provide a scroll of flamestrike if you want a fire weapon, since I don't have 5th level spells yet...
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2013, 11:26:17 am »

Hm, I'm thinking about feats to take other than Font of Inspiration, so how do you feel about Craven?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2013, 11:28:13 am »

Good to see I made it, and anyone looking to make their shit magical only needs to provide the materials and gold, though there are some things I can't do. For instance, you'd need to provide a scroll of flamestrike if you want a fire weapon, since I don't have 5th level spells yet...
At level 10, I'll also be a walking magical crafting facility due to my floating feat.

Edit: Whoops, accidental double post there.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 06:09:41 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2013, 01:42:56 pm »

Hm, I'm thinking about feats to take other than Font of Inspiration, so how do you feel about Craven?
Craven is just about the best feat for sneak attackers. That constant damage boost looks small, but when you think about it, a (max HP) enemy wizard with a d4 hit die and 12 CON that's the same level as you automatically loses 1/5th their HP before your dice even come into play. A Barbarian with 18 CON loses 1/16th. It's pretty darn good. It's like dealing an extra 2d6 damage at this level, but consistent.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2013, 06:19:34 pm »

Oh, I know. I've only got a little bit of SA dice (1d6 from rogue levels and whatever I spend on Cunning Strike) though.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2013, 07:18:40 pm »

Which makes it even better! Now you don't have to put anything into it and it's still a huge damage boost to sneak attack.

A question for this party: what are your plans for ending encounters? I know it's pretty standard in a lot of campaigns to kill everything one fights, which makes sense for some, and practically required in more dangerous encounters. (Ghouls, fiendish crabs, misguided paladins, fifty bandits, etc.) I suppose a large part of this depends on what situations we get ourselves into, but I would rather stick to the 'good' side of the alignment chart when we're dealing with encounters with sentient creatures. That is to say that hitting every downed bandit with a coup-de-grace is probably not a 'good' thing to do. I think everyone is either lawful or good except for Wrex's ambush drake. I'm not going paladin justice-rage either way you guys want to do this, of course. I'm the haziest good alignment.  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2013, 07:46:56 pm »

I'm also Neutral Squared. Not to be confused with Neutral Square, sworn enemy of Neutral Funky.

My plans for ending encounters is... Well, I can Face pretty well. I can also, thanks to Craven, my Rogue level, Cunning Strike, and my massive pool of Inspiration, hit someone for 8d6+7 Sneak Attack damage. Nonlethal if I use a sap.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2013, 02:22:14 am »

if there's a game going today, I might not make it since I'll probably be in Tallahassee to visit my mom
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2013, 12:33:27 pm »

I should be here and ready to go.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14