Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: the Steam Trading Cards thread  (Read 12808 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: the Steam Trading Cards thread
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2013, 03:20:57 pm »

I've yet to receive a single Booster Pack, despite having completed 22 different game drops and being level 10. (Don't look at me like that.)

I think you have to have no drops available for all games. That's how it was in the beta, IIRC.

(I'm level 10 also and have made no badges, so *shrugs*)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2013, 03:25:50 pm »

If that's true, I've been getting all of the drops for games as I get them/as they get trading cards. 23 total games now, and I can't earn any more drops from the games I own.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2013, 03:26:33 pm »

I got a drop at level 7 for a game I had already crafted a badge for.  Maybe you need to craft it's badge too?  I don't know.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2013, 03:29:42 pm »

It specifically says once you earn all the drops for an individual game you're eligible for booster drops. Higher levels just increase the chances of getting one.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2013, 05:13:36 pm »

Two of the three booster drops I've had have been for games that I've already crafted the level 1 badge for, so there may be a bias towards games for which you have some level of the badge complete.

Definitely no need to get all drops from all games you have available, as two of the three booster drops I've had have occurred while I still had drops available in some other games.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2013, 05:40:24 pm »

How do you tell which games have cards? I've played quite a few games but I have yet to get a single card.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2013, 05:41:49 pm »

Check out your badge list.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2013, 10:08:26 pm »

Right, adding people from this thread for trading purposes. If you get a friend request from Your Friendly Apothecary/crazysheep_ it's me :)
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2013, 07:10:43 am »

I have a small bunch of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and Football Manager cards, along with a single spare Dead Island card, that I'm willing to part with, because for whatever reason I keep getting those almost exclusively. I myself require Kerbal Space Program, Prison Architect, Tomb Raider, and Torchlight.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2013, 09:33:31 am »

I've got two extra Chivalry, and 2 more KSP, in addition to a Prison Architect, if anyone is interested. I need a Dead Island, a Bioshock, a Reus, a Skyrim, and a Torchlight II.

Also, happy dance on my first foil! Bioshock infinite!

I need a Chivalry and I can offer a Bioshock or a Skyrim for it, depending on what you need.

I also sent an invite to Burnt Pies, also for a Chivalry, intending to offer Football Manager.

(I also have 2 duplicate Borderlands 2 cards - Gaige - so if anyone needs those let me know)

Edit: My Name is Immaterial, I dunno what your steam username is, so if you are still interested in a bioshock or skyrim card add me (username on steam is same as here)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:49:20 am by Logical2u »
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2013, 10:40:38 am »

I have a small bunch of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and Football Manager cards, along with a single spare Dead Island card, that I'm willing to part with, because for whatever reason I keep getting those almost exclusively. I myself require Kerbal Space Program, Prison Architect, Tomb Raider, and Torchlight.
If you happen to get another Bioshock or Skyrim, I'll trade a KSP.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2013, 02:33:09 pm »

Guys, what's proper trading protocol for strangers: Do you keep them as a friend after trading or remove them?

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2013, 02:35:44 pm »

If they were cool, keep them as a friend.

If they only wanted your stuff and will never talk or trade with you again (Or vice versa), just remove them.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2013, 03:03:31 pm »

I'm going to make a Bay 12 Trading cards group, unless we already have a trading group. Now, the question is, do we?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8