Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Multiplayer RPG] Path to Power  (Read 4011 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: [Multiplayer RPG] Path to Power
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 07:46:50 pm »

Kyle smiles to himself. Good info is great money.
Kyle heads back to the surface and loiters around the tavern until night falls.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 07:51:40 pm »

Keeping to the ground, Aerzekar sneaked behind the sentry, dagger in hand. As he draws near, he clamped his hand over the bandit's mouth so as to cut off his screams, and sliced his dagger along his jugular veins and his throat.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 10:34:04 pm »

Streic smiled at his new 'friends' as he sipped at the drink in his hands. Putting his cup down he leaned forward slightly over the table. "Oh. That would be right nice, I would be quite thankful for any introductions that could be made. Armies always felt a little restricting to me anyway, and I'm certainly not adverse to as you say, 'real work'."

Accept their offer. Maybe chat with them a bit, buy another round or two. Then ether go with them if they want me to meet someone, or go find a place to wait and care for my horse welling waiting for any meeting they might set up.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 10:40:16 pm »

Arming himself with courage Onell replies:
Then tell me, why is it that you have come? Why is it that you hide yourself in this fog?
And do know that while he who stands before you is but a mere mortal, his actions are being guided by beings that surpass you, and that they will show no mercy should you choose to harm him. 

Having said this, Onell begins praying, the blue glow coming ever closer to the church atrium.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 11:43:25 pm »

"Aye, from Sarach, Mason's Sector. It is glad to see more of my kin in such an unfamiliar land.

Pray tell, why travel so far? I heard Geshud is farther inland."

Inquire further about their history.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 04:21:02 am »

Arsc sensed that it would be a bad idea to lie to this man. But he was torn as to how much of the truth to tell. He had little hope of defeating whoever had killed the woman on his own - but for all he knew this man could be corrupt. After all, that was one way the guards tended to stay alive that long. But he supposed he would just have to take the risk.

'My name is Arsc verdason. A few days ago a woman was murdered in the marketplace, as I'm sure you already know. The previous day she had an amulet around her neck. I believe whoever killed her stole this amulet. An amulet that looked something like the inverse of this'
 He held the amulet out in the palm of his hand, ready to close it at a moments notice.
'Can you help me?'

Keep asking for more information until such a point as he grows irritated.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 09:53:29 pm »

Find where Prince Temion resides and request audience with him. Ask for if he has any input in my designs if none, request that I need a room, a map of your great city and not to be disturbed until a week from today. If inquires why to be left alone tell him that I work best with in quiet and no one to disturb me. If he asks how food is to be delivered tell him to leave it at my door and a knock will suffice. If he supplies the above requirements tell him I will have 2-3 designs to show him by the end of the week from today.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 09:57:40 pm by jaass »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2013, 06:52:03 pm »

Kyle Johnson
Kyle smiles to himself. Good info is great money.
Kyle heads back to the surface and loiters around the tavern until night falls.

You loiter. Night falls.

Aerzekar Mui
Keeping to the ground, Aerzekar sneaked behind the sentry, dagger in hand. As he draws near, he clamped his hand over the bandit's mouth so as to cut off his screams, and sliced his dagger along his jugular veins and his throat.
[Sneak: 1+1] You loop around again and quietly approach the sentry. At least, you try to quietly approach the sentry.

Pebbles grating underfoot, you loudly stumble over an unnoticed rock. The sentry turns to look, doing a double-take as he realizes that you aren't one of his companions. As he lets out a yell, you charge at him [Combat: 4+3] and rapidly silence him. As his lifeless body keels over, you can hear the sound of the other bandits moving throughout the camp.

Streic
Streic smiled at his new 'friends' as he sipped at the drink in his hands. Putting his cup down he leaned forward slightly over the table. "Oh. That would be right nice, I would be quite thankful for any introductions that could be made. Armies always felt a little restricting to me anyway, and I'm certainly not adverse to as you say, 'real work'."

Accept their offer. Maybe chat with them a bit, buy another round or two. Then ether go with them if they want me to meet someone, or go find a place to wait and care for my horse welling waiting for any meeting they might set up.
The small one seems to have reservations, but he doesn't say anything as his larger partner agrees to talk to some people on your behalf.

"I'm Eourd, by th' way. My little friend here's called Veritesen, but you c'n call 'im Ver." He drains the rest of his tankard and sighs contentedly. "Naw, how 'bout this. We'll talk to some people and you c'n find us back here tomorrow."

You agree to the deal, and order another round of drinks. Leaving the conversation, you seek out the inn's owner and inquire about temporary lodgings. After carefully examining you with a calculating eye, the rat-like man agrees grudgingly. You think the greatsword slung across your back may have had something to do with his agreement.

You lead your horse into the stable behind the inn and tend to its needs. Leaving it in a stall, you head back into the inn.

Onell
Arming himself with courage Onell replies:
Then tell me, why is it that you have come? Why is it that you hide yourself in this fog?
And do know that while he who stands before you is but a mere mortal, his actions are being guided by beings that surpass you, and that they will show no mercy should you choose to harm him. 

Having said this, Onell begins praying, the blue glow coming ever closer to the church atrium.
((Blue spirit. Yellow text. Do you think the spirit is the one talking?))

The blue glow recedes into the fog, slowly fading. Darkness returns in full force to the church's courtyard, broken only by Telusis' light.

Pollux Armiksen
"Aye, from Sarach, Mason's Sector. It is glad to see more of my kin in such an unfamiliar land.

Pray tell, why travel so far? I heard Geshud is farther inland."

Inquire further about their history.
"Aye, we came with a caravan heading towards Naros and left to stop here. We're from Geshud's branch of the Historian's Assembly; we were assigned here in human lands to do archaeology work at the ruins to the northwest. We think they date back to the Skalkran colonies during Erak Silverhand's reign, but we can't be certain until we actually investigate." Koruch leans back in his chair, a frown creasing his face. "Sadly, the natives around here have been less than helpful. We didn't expect acceptance, but this level of savagery was not anticipated."

'My name is Arsc verdason. A few days ago a woman was murdered in the marketplace, as I'm sure you already know. The previous day she had an amulet around her neck. I believe whoever killed her stole this amulet. An amulet that looked something like the inverse of this'
 He held the amulet out in the palm of his hand, ready to close it at a moments notice.
'Can you help me?'

Keep asking for more information until such a point as he grows irritated.
As the commander sees the amulet, you notice a flicker of emotion across his usually stoic face. You can't be sure, due to the speed at which he resumed his calm expression, but it looked like excitement. He turns back up to you while grabbing a sheet of parchment and a pen. Scribbling nigh-unreadable text on the paper, he begins asking questions.

"We'd known about the murder, but this is news to us. You say the woman had an amulet similar to that one. Did you know the woman prior to her murder? How did you know about her amulet? Where did you receive your own amulet from? Do you know a man by the name of Holan Dreigh?"

Find where Prince Temion resides and request audience with him. Ask for if he has any input in my designs if none, request that I need a room, a map of your great city and not to be disturbed until a week from today. If inquires why to be left alone tell him that I work best with in quiet and no one to disturb me. If he asks how food is to be delivered tell him to leave it at my door and a knock will suffice. If he supplies the above requirements tell him I will have 2-3 designs to show him by the end of the week from today.

You arrive at Temion's small and opulent palace. At its gate, a bored guard examines your letter bearing the prince's seal; you doubt he can actually read. He's most likely just checking for the seal. The guard directs you inside to see the palace's steward, who turns out to be an overweight man bearing a perpetually stressed expression.

"Ah, you'd be the engineer, then. Excellent. Once you're settled in, you'll be given your first assignment. If you'll follow me, I'll direct you to your quarters." He leads you down the halls, occasionally pointing out locations to remember. Eventually, you request an audience with the prince.

"I'm afraid the prince is an exceptionally busy man. He doesn't hold individual meetings with miscellaneous workers, although he does have an open court every two weeks to settle disputes."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2013, 06:56:54 pm »

Kyle smiles and goes back into the well making his way to the entrance before cracking it open to make sure there are no guards.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2013, 08:16:16 pm »

Steric mused as he sharpened the edge of his dagger. Was the path he was going down the right one? Perhaps not. Still it would hold. Until he found something else that would serve his means better. Still. A day to spend. Might as well get some sleep. Tomorrow he would spend the time before the meeting getting antiquated with the town, then see what was up.

I guess wait for the meeting. Maybe walk around town and get a lay of the land.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2013, 09:02:33 pm »

Jump off the wall if it's safe, rapier in hand. Attack the first bandit to come at me.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 02:41:09 am by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2013, 09:21:55 pm »

Realizing that the voice which awakened him could have been a messenger from the sun gods; Onell kneels  in the smooth floor of the atrium,  and begins praying and asking for forgiveness. Perhaps the gods will hear him and reveal the original message?

Shall the messenger not appear again, return inside, grab a candle and a quill and start writing a scroll of blinding flash.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2013, 02:21:09 am »

"Savagery?"
Inquire about the racism to Skalkr.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2013, 02:50:36 am »

'No, I don't know him. I saw the woman's amulet the day before. And forgive me if I'd like to know the reason for your sudden interest before I tell you more. After all, a woman was killed over one such item.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2013, 01:00:53 pm »

I was surprised by being called miscellaneous worker considering my work helped build most of this city. Maybe, this was the man's opinion of me or maybe not. I had a potential contact that knew more then me about how the Prince operated so I put on a small smile, extended my hand and said "Thank you Mister (Insert name*), I will need a 7-8 hours to settle in. I suppose we could discuss the economy and the politics of this city, later on in the week if you are not busy."

With that I said my goodbye, and got to work readying myself for whatever this assignment must be.

Get to know the city, drop by to any clothier or blacksmith to see if they have any scraps they are willing to part with.

((*I assume that he introduced himself when we meet))
Pages: 1 [2]