Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: You are a servant of the Titans  (Read 3062 times)

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a servant of the Titans
« on: July 14, 2013, 12:25:24 pm »

Ok, so here i am with a proposition for a new game. And this time i've had the decency of waiting until it is summer, so i have lots of free time to dedicate to this.

Thousands of years ago, the gods fought a civil war. On one side, the Titans, the original gods. They had been ruling the world with an iron fist for uncountable years, and had led the world to a Golden Age. On the other side, the young gods, who had grown strong. The young gods feared that they would never rule, as the Titans were inmortal, so they started the war. As ancient pacts prevented any god to harm another one of its kind, the war was fought on the realms of mortals. Supporters of the Titans against the supporters of the new gods.

The Titans were defeated. Many were imprisioned. Others, like Gaia, mother of all life, were too important for the cosmos to be imprisioned, and had never participated in the war, so they were left free, although they were watched at all times. The mortals became prosperous under the protection of the new gods, but the expansion of the great civilizations had one side effect. Dragons, centaurs, cyclops and all other minorities had to move, trying to protect themselves from the new empires. Then, the wars between these nations started, and the gods started to battle for influence, dividing themselves in several groups or pantheons.

This situation has continued for thousands of years, and almost no one remembers the Titans now. Only some creatures and small tribes remember them. But things are going to change. The Titans want revenge. And their going to get it at any cost. But they are not alone. Some creatures have become their servants in the realms of mortals. Some want power, some want things to be like they were in the times of old, and some are the children of the new gods, who, afraid of being attacked by their own children as they did, have stopped having divine children and now take away most of the power of their newborns. But all of them have despised the new gods.

The community must choose, what are you?

Are you a dragon, one of the flying serpents from the north whose wisdom and power is feared by all?
Are you a forgotten beast, one of the most vicious of the titans' children, who were cast to the underground by their own brothers and sisters, stripped of most of their power?
Are you a demigod, son of one of the new gods, your powers having been reduced at birth to prevent you from raising to godhood?
Are you centaur, one of the servants of the titan Gaia, mother of all other titans, who has heard the cries of your mistress' children?
Are you a minotaur, cyclops or giant of the blizzard, descendant to one of the bloodlines that the titans established with mortals?
Are you a vampire, descendant of one of the titans servants who was cursed by the new gods to seek blood and live on the night?
Are you a mortal servant of the titans, a human, dwarf, elf, goblin, orc or gnome that has hidden his true faith or has recently embraced it for the power it might give you?
Are you a member of the lizardfolk, the only widespread race that has remained faithful to the titans?
Are you a demon, one of the mortals whose body and soul were warped by the sheer power unleashed by the gods to imprison the titans, and who was trapped with them until recently?

Once the community has chosen, i will continue, as there are several options for each choice (the starting option will probably affect the scale of the game, at least at the start)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 12:35:46 pm by Rhyme »
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a [Insert name here]
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 12:26:36 pm »

I am a piano. gnome. With a piano.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a servant of the Titans
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 12:36:05 pm »

I am a forgotten beast
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 12:47:54 pm »

We are, sorry, forgot to say, suggestion game...
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 01:00:04 pm »

We are, sorry, forgot to say, suggestion game...
I know, still
I am a forgotten beast
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 01:07:33 pm »

Gnome. WITH AN ACCORDIAN. Not a piano. Pianos suck.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 01:07:58 pm »

Dragon.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 01:14:37 pm »

Gnome. WITH AN ACCORDIAN. Not a piano. Pianos suck.

an accordion?

also portable

so i guess i can call it an improvement of my suggestion and +1 it

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 01:15:00 pm »

Dragon.
A small dragon with a big nose that is able to yodel? That would be a good compromise.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 01:20:02 pm »

Please, let's keep this mainly serious, ok?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 01:34:31 pm »

Please, let's keep this mainly serious, ok?
CURSES
Okay, let's go for a forgotten beast. A massive cave dragon with a trunk. It squirms and it fidgets. Beware its fire!
See? Serious, but it's still basically a dragon with a big nose and that can probably sing one way or another.

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 02:14:00 pm »

Rawr

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 02:16:33 pm »

Nah, not a dragon; too cliche. Maybe lizardfolk?

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 02:39:55 pm »

So it is two for dragon, one for gnome, two for forgotten beast and one for lizardfolk? Well, we'll wait for now until there's a winner. If there's draw, i'll take whatever i think could be more interesting and/or different from the usual.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 04:44:06 pm »

Forgotten Beast.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4