Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Endless Sabbath: Okay, now it's mostly dead  (Read 9844 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Sabbath: C-C-C-COMBO
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2013, 10:04:51 pm »

((Expect updates to be infrequent this week. I've got marching band for 13 hours tomorrow, 10 hours on Wednesday, 13 hours on Thursday, and for however long the director decides to keep us on Friday. Knowing the old bastard, that's gonna be at the very least 13 hours again, so my free time is limited/nonexistant until Saturday.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Sabbath: C-C-C-COMBO
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2013, 10:06:15 pm »

((Expect updates to be infrequent this week. I've got marching band for 13 hours tomorrow, 10 hours on Wednesday, 13 hours on Thursday, and for however long the director decides to keep us on Friday. Knowing the old bastard, that's gonna be at the very least 13 hours again, so my free time is limited/nonexistant until Saturday.))
((Daaaaaaaamn.
You still need to post your turn in Gods of Bay12.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Sabbath: Unintended consequences
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2013, 04:33:11 pm »

(Karnii speed: 2+1)
(Ace speed: 5+1)
(Fandango speed: 4+1)
(Yukkuri speed: 4)
(Umbramanto speed: 6-1)
(Xovaros speed: 2)
(Lloyd speed: 5)

Grrr

Umbramanto moves into nearby shadow, be it shadow created by some rock or something else, and starts absorbing it into his own and using it to fix his form, namely the leg. Done with that Umbramanto spreads his wings and takes off, continuing through the path, but this time looking for ambushes from above.
(Umbramanto affinity: 4+2)

(Karnii willpower: 2)
(Ace willpower: 2+1)
(Fandango willpower: 2)
(Xovaros willpower: 1)
(Lloyd willpower: 6)

You move into the shadow of one of the stone pillars and focus your power, drawing rivers of thick black darkness into your wounded leg. The wound closes almost immediately, but your aura begins to shake wildly. The shaking intensifies, and for a brief moment, you are surrounded by a maddening pattern of twisted black fractals, which quickly turn back into your familiar glow. You're as good as new now, but your party now seems to be otherwise. Ace is clutching her head, and Karnii and Fandango are skittering about on all fours, babbling incoherently. Lloyd seems to be unaffected, although quite disturbed by the behavior of the others, but Xovaros seems to have transformed completely. His eyes have become orbs of solid red, and his ring is going out of control, coating his entire body in arcing red energy as he lets loose with a furious roar.

Walk further along the path

Your head hurts like hell after seeing that pattern around Umbramanto, but you're sane enough to know when it's a good idea to leave. Before Xovaros can do anything dangerous, you run further along the path, eventually coming to the top of the mountain. A few dozen meters away, there's a massive tower which goes up straight through the clouds and out of sight. As you marvel at it, Lloyd comes up behind you, seriously out of breath.

"That's the tower there! If we get inside, the defenses built into it should be enough to keep us safe!"

Shock! Awe! Fandango certainly wasn't expecting that to happen, but it was so COOL. There's no way that had to be a fluke. He'll have to get it properly appraised when they get into town. This level-up screen seems kind of dated, though. "Still, I could get used to this."

Increase Reflexes by 1. Assuming that's all to the level-up process, Fandango moves up the path himself, eager to try his weapon out again the next time they run into trouble.

You increase your reflexes by one before some sort of psychic wave bursts from Umbramanto and washes over you. Well, who cares about plot when you've got moves like these? You decide to begin shadowboxing, ducking and weaving beneath the blows of an invisible opponent.

Uuuuuhhhhhgggggghhhhh...
Yukkuri stops to sit on the ground for a minute
RAAUGH FUCK YOU LABCOAT, fuck this realm, fuck spacetime, I liked the other dimension better. I hear Bella made me some delicious human-face steak while I was gone. Maybe if I get some of that I'll be more motivated to come back here...
Even if I die horribly, attempt to reenter the Looter's Delight universe, or any other dimension if that fails, because REASONS.
(Yukkuri affinity: 1+3-2)

Your head's still throbbing, but you try to open a portal again, with no result. Your vision's a bit too blurry to make out your allies from here, but you can hear lots of roaring and mad yelling coming form their direction.

Intriguing. I believe this could be used in crafting?

Take the lump.

Umbramanto's fractal pattern proves too much for your mind to handle, and you immediately fall to your knees and scribble in the dirt, trying to comprehend it.

Xovaros prowls ahead, searching for a better test of his skill.

You prepare to move up the mountain, but Umbramanto's pattern assaults your mind, filling it with blind and unadulterated rage. No need to move up the mountain anymore; you've got two prime targets for your wrath right here!
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2013, 04:43:38 pm »

Ace look back for a moment, a feeling of danger before it passes.

Head for the tower
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2013, 05:05:04 pm »

Xovaros grins horribly.
Too little, too late, little morsels.

Leap forth and eviscerate everyone I can see!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 08:52:06 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2013, 08:19:21 pm »

Yukkuri clutches her knees and cries on ground about various cheeses she hasn't tasted yet. She stands up and tries to capture Labcoat with a portal before he gets murdered.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2013, 08:57:27 pm »

WOAH WOOP WOOP POW. "I'M ON TOP OF THE WORLD!"

Shadowbreakboxdance around the area and up the mountain, busting a move and backflipping over everyone in the way.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2013, 01:00:42 am »

((Time to make an insanity chart))
Roll: 10 (Suicidal)
Stop drawing. Find an implement with which to harm myself/
"Why do we do anything? What's the point in living? Why should I go on?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2013, 07:24:24 am »

!!!

Umbramanto quickly takes off and aims at Xovaros, then he breaches homing shadow projectile. Hopefully it will hit Xovaros, forming solid shadow sphere and trapping him in, with no harm.
Rawr

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2013, 09:38:10 pm »

((I'm gonna be even farther away from civilization than I normally am for the next two weeks (One week with the family in Buffalo NY, one week camping in the mountains of rural New England) and probably won't have any turns up during that time. Sorry about all these delays and such; I made the grave mistake of putting every single event in my summer schedule within a few days of each other.))

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Sabbath: Magical mishaps
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2013, 03:23:03 pm »

(Karnii speed: 6+1)
(Ace speed: 1+1)
(Fandango speed: 3+1)
(Yukkuri speed: 2)
(Umbramanto speed: 6)
(Xovaros speed: 5)
(Lloyd speed: 1)

((Time to make an insanity chart))
Roll: 10 (Suicidal)
Stop drawing. Find an implement with which to harm myself/
"Why do we do anything? What's the point in living? Why should I go on?
(Karnii strength: 4)
(Karnii endurance: 4)
(Karnii willpower: 1-1)

As you look around for something to kill yourself with, you decide that the heavy iron lump would be perfect for the job. You pick it up and bring it down as hard as you can against your head, which although failing to kill or even seriously maim you, succeeds in knocking loose the last few scattered bits of your common sense, replacing them with a single incessant thought.

"Suicide is sick and wrong, isn't it? Sick and wrong... sick and wrong... SICK AND WRONG! SICKANDWRONGSICKANDWRONGSICKANDWRONG! WRONGWRONGWRONG! WROOOOOOONG!"

!!!

Umbramanto quickly takes off and aims at Xovaros, then he breaches homing shadow projectile. Hopefully it will hit Xovaros, forming solid shadow sphere and trapping him in, with no harm.
(Umbramanto affinity: 3+2)
(Umbramanto aim: 5+1+1) The extra +1 is for homing
(Xovaros reflexes: 5+2)

You create a bolt of shadow and launch it towards Xovaros. The projectile guides itself as it flies, but Xovaros is fast enough to misdirect it and then dodge by a hair's breadth. However, as it passes by him, it explodes into a brilliant burst of light, blinding the both of you. Hey, wasn't that supposed to be a SHADOW spell?

Xovaros grins horribly.
Too little, too late, little morsels.

Leap forth and eviscerate everyone I can see!
(Xovaros finesse: 1+1-1)
(Karnii affinity: 4+3+1)
(Xovaros strength: 4+1)

You can't see too well after that blast of light, so you decide to attack the person who you can hear first. However, as you leap towards the voice, you hear its mantra stop briefly as it speaks to you.

"I can't just let you kill me yet. That would be WROOOOOOOOONG! WRONG, WRONG WRONG WRONGWRONGWRONGWRONG!"

Your vision starts coming back to you, and you can see that you're now being held in the air by a great three-clawed iron talon which seems to have sprung from the ground. Karnii stands below you, brandishing his book.

"That was the W-W-W-WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG choice, buddy!"

WOAH WOOP WOOP POW. "I'M ON TOP OF THE WORLD!"

Shadowbreakboxdance around the area and up the mountain, busting a move and backflipping over everyone in the way.

(Fandango willpower: 5-1)

You spin and cartwheel up the mountain with no opposition, seeing as how everyone is preoccupied with maiming themselves and others. As you reach the peak, you see Ace and Lloyd standing outside of an unbelievably tall tower, and come to your senses with one last whirl.

"So, did I miss anything?"

Yukkuri clutches her knees and cries on ground about various cheeses she hasn't tasted yet. She stands up and tries to capture Labcoat with a portal before he gets murdered.
(Yukkuri affinity: 5+3)

You open up a sizable gap in reality about 50 meters away from you, but Labcoat seems to be out of range of your magic. You begin to curse the unknown laws of magic, but stop as a massive clock-face roughly the size of a garbage can lid bursts from between your shoulders, its constantly ticking hands looking like wings as they spin around behind you. You wonder for a moment how the hell this could have happened, but then the pain of having a giant clock emerge from your back hits you, and you go back to cursing the laws of magic again.

Ace look back for a moment, a feeling of danger before it passes.

Head for the tower

You take a few steps towards the tower, but stop as the ground begins to tremble violently.

"Another earthquake? This isn't good at all. We'd better get inside before things get any worse."

As if in response, the tower seems to whirl to life, thousands of weapon ports opening at once to reveal a massive array of powerful-looking cannons, each one the size of an eighteen-wheeler and pulsing with some unknown golden light. Lloyd quickly scans the area, before scratching his head.

"That's not good. The defense systems should only activate when something nearby poses a threat to the tower. The earthquakes must be causing some sort of failure in the magic circuits. Let's just hope that the world link is still oper-"

Lloyd's voice is drowned out by the sound of thousands of cannons firing, filling the air with a thick golden powder as bolts of multicolored light scatter in all directions before converging on a single point. As they reach this target, there's an ear-splitting roar, and the air seems to shimmer for a moment as something massive takes shape.

"A TITAN? HERE AT SPAWN? NONONO, THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE HIGH-END BOSSES! THIS IS GONNA FUCK EVERYTHING UP!"

While Lloyd panics, the shimmering in the air finally takes a solid form, appearing as a great one-eyed chameleon at least a thousand feet long. The shots from the tower continue to batter it, but it slowly advances towards the tower, and you realize that the 'earthquakes' from before were actually its footsteps. As it draws back a scaly fist for a punch, Lloyd shields his eyes, and you do the same moments before you are thrown on the ground by a burst of wind and golden dust, which lingers in the air like smoke and obscures your vision as you pick yourself back up.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2013, 03:28:15 pm »

No. It was your bad choice.

Xovaros points a claw downward and forms a long version of it with red energy, then slices Karnii's head in half with it.
He then extricates himself and attacks the closest living target.
Sig! Onol

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2013, 03:33:09 pm »

NONONONONONONONO I HATE CLOCKS THEY MAKE ME OLDDDDDDDDDDDD

Create a spacial recursion around the clock so it just keeps ticking the same time over and over. Proceed to wander in a random direction (away from spawn).

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2013, 10:02:38 pm »

Carry on being insane.
((I just stopped being suicidal, and there is a party member, WHO IS A DRAGON, about to bear down on me. I don't like my chances of surviving this.))
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2013, 10:04:37 pm »

((Blame the other dragon; he turned me -more- evil.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7