Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whatever are 'Dark Humans' and 'Dark Dwarves'?  (Read 916 times)

llyarden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Whatever are 'Dark Humans' and 'Dark Dwarves'?
« on: July 13, 2013, 04:10:00 pm »

So I generated a new world and for some reason I have these goblin-style capital pi fortresses which are 'The Dark Human Fortress of Gogusturar' and 'The Dark Dwarven Fortress of Statostato.'  These are fully connected in to the rest of the human and dwarven civilisation respectively.  So...what exactly are these?  Are they former goblin fortresses that have been conquered by the humans/dwarves?  Are they fortresses of assimilated children that have lost all their goblins somehow?  I'm kind of confused.

EDIT: After sitting waiting for a while the legends finally decided to work and I am now even more confused, because the dwarves and humans razed these places in the past and put their own governments there, but all of a sudden lots of goblins decided to move back in without any notice of the humans/dwarves abandoning the places.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 04:19:48 pm by llyarden »

Miriage

• Bay Watcher
  • Insane Dwarf.
    • View Profile
Re: Whatever are 'Dark Humans' and 'Dark Dwarves'?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 04:22:00 pm »

The only one I have seen was a town that had been zombified by a necromancer.
Don't listen to a word I say, I am completely insane.
Does that mean you shouldn't listen to my pervious sentence and infact listen to everything I say?

llyarden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 04:31:55 pm »

I looked a little more closely and there are even still dwarves wandering around the dark dwarven fortress after the mass goblin immigration (like, 120 years after).

The dark human fortress, on the other hand, does not appear to have any humans, although it has got a devil squirrel who seems to be a goblin warleader ruling from a human keep.  So...yeah, still rather confused.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 12:45:32 am »

These places are still under Dwarven and Human rule, respectively. Goblin fortresses are referred to as 'dark fortresses', so the game is simply putting the name of the race that controls them between the dark and the fortress part. As for the goblins moving in, it's not unusual for goblins to move to human sites, from what I understand. It can also happen to dwarf controlled sites, especially if there was a population of goblins there left alive after the dwarves took over.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.