Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Dfhack: Rendermax (and it's subplugin light)  (Read 150744 times)

cango

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dfhack: Rendermax (and it's subplugin light)
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2013, 03:24:23 pm »

Meph, thanks, but obviously my card supports OpenGL so all I had to do was disable creature sprites and it worked fine :) Messing around with settings (and your card settings too maybe) solves the problem. Also everytime you press something in the same column with the Printmode, the settings.exe changes the ini.txt and sets the printmode into something else other than STANDART. So one should remember to edit the printmode in the ini after fiddling with the options in the settings.exe.

But this plugin is truly amazing..

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2013, 05:54:29 pm »

Also everytime you press something in the same column with the Printmode, the settings.exe changes the ini.txt and sets the printmode into something else other than STANDART.
Actually that should only happen when you change the tileset, since it replaces the entire init with a new one. All the other settings just toggle values inside the file and shouldnt interfere with the print mode.

Still, no TTF is a big problem, at least for me. I have so many long reaction names, which are perfectly fine with TTF, but get cut off without it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2013, 12:41:43 am »

Would it be possible to make specific creatures emit light? Namely an option to do so with LIGHT_GEN creatures.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2013, 01:24:21 am »

current version only accepts creatur mats, so you can do blood or a secretion that covers the creatur. But warmist mentioned a version that supports both creatures and itmems... the drawback is that it is a lot slower then the current build.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2013, 02:11:50 am »

current version only accepts creatur mats, so you can do blood or a secretion that covers the creatur. But warmist mentioned a version that supports both creatures and itmems... the drawback is that it is a lot slower then the current build.
I haven't noticed big slowdown. But my pc is quite a monster :P

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2013, 10:18:43 pm »

Oh god, I've never been torn this much over usability and a 'mod' ever before. Truly wish by some miracle of the gaming gods that it'd be possible to have this mind blowing light plugin work with TTF!

Did not notice how much I had gotten used to them!

But man, does that lighting ever change the mood of your fort!
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2013, 09:26:50 pm »

Hey fabulous people!

I'm in the process of integrating DFHack r4 into Masterwork (mod).

I'm wondering if there's a DFHack r4 binary-compatible rendermax plug-in that I can download? That would make my integration live much easier. :)

~ T

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2013, 07:48:36 am »

Waiting for official r4 release mostly

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2013, 04:03:25 pm »

Same here. I"ll wait, before I start with r4.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2013, 12:35:11 pm »

Sorry for the double post, just wanted to give this a bump. MDF has now been released with r4, and Rendermax is the last plugin/utility that needs to be updated. So... no pressure. :P

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2013, 12:58:16 pm »

i'll try to figure out which version is that. I'm a bit confused about current dfhack versioning. I'll try to merge in the rendermax so it would be released with dfhack.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2013, 01:22:55 pm »

I am basing everything on this:

Windows r4 link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8068
Linux r4 link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8067

New stuff: https://github.com/expwnent/dfhack/blob/0.34.11-r4/NEWS

Also forgot to put in that document: the eventful script now exposes EventManager events to lua scripts. See the lua documentation for details.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2013, 10:13:42 am »

Um updated the plugin to r4. afair i added something from last version bug can't remember what...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2013, 05:02:04 pm »

Thank you. I will add it asap. :)

I am not aware of any bugs in the last version, except for the "crash when window/resize".

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2013, 05:27:11 pm »

Thank you. I will add it asap. :)

I am not aware of any bugs in the last version, except for the "crash when window/resize".
ah my nemesis. I'll think about adding light propagation in reverse direction (i.e. lava pits lighting from below) and maybe generalize the light in z direction (big spaces could be lit up by chandeliers hanging up above, could be hard/processor intensive). Currently what i don't like that the light falls off too fast imho. Maybe a hdr mode? Like having sunlight 1000 or something that big and simulating eyes getting saturated (no values over 1 displayed) and renormalized (like reading from lcd is impossible in sunlight, so lava would not appear to glow in sunlight)...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20