Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need to throw a dwarf off a cliff  (Read 871 times)

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Need to throw a dwarf off a cliff
« on: July 13, 2013, 05:06:53 am »

All I can come up with is a retracting bridge with a burrow, or a ridden mine cart derail  Any other ways?

I want him to drop straight down.  Basically I want him to follow some dumped food and booze.  And no cave ins, I don't want to punch through any floors.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
Re: Need to throw a dwarf off a cliff
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 05:31:29 am »

Build a cage, assign dwarf to cage, deconstruct cage, order cage to be assigned to pit (designate the cliffside to pit/pond), drop.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 01:02:48 pm »

I don't think that works on dwarves that are a member of your fort.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 03:04:45 pm »

Build hatch over hole. Link hatch to lever. Assign dwarf to one tile burrow over the hatch. When dwarf arrives, have another dwarf pull lever. With luck, dwarf is now down hole. In my experience, retracting bridges cause them to fall sideways sometimes, or at least act disoriented. Hatches, meanwhile, should simply drop them. It's basically the same thing, though.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 03:07:43 pm »

Urist Da Vinci made a DFHack script that allows you to pit anyone you place your cursor over.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127151.0

This should automatically create a "pit animal" task and a dwarf will toss the selected schmuck into the most recently created pit designated area.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 03:13:31 pm »

Build hatch over hole. Link hatch to lever. Assign dwarf to one tile burrow over the hatch. When dwarf arrives, have another dwarf pull lever. With luck, dwarf is now down hole. In my experience, retracting bridges cause them to fall sideways sometimes, or at least act disoriented. Hatches, meanwhile, should simply drop them. It's basically the same thing, though.
Thanks!  I've seen the bridge projecting animals and dwarfs sideways, which is why I was trying to avoid it.

Urist Da Vinci made a DFHack script that allows you to pit anyone you place your cursor over.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127151.0

This should automatically create a "pit animal" task and a dwarf will toss the selected schmuck into the most recently created pit designated area.
Good to know, thanks!