Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Spellcrafters of ________ (6/6) Waitlist open!  (Read 7763 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcrafters of ________ (0/6)
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 10:06:05 am »

Option 1.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 10:34:21 am »

Spoiler: Scelon the Green/Liz (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 12:08:43 pm »

To all of you whom are choosing option one.  You do realize that there will be powerful, highly trained mages with tens of thousands of gold trying to take that place for themselves, right?

Here's a rough idea of what the mages going to these places will be spending, and, in parenthesis, how long the attacks will be coming.
Very High - Tens of thousands of gold pieces (years)
High - Thousands of gold pieces (months)
Medium - Hundreds of gold pieces (weeks)
Low - Less than 100 gold pieces (days)
Very Low - No one is coming here

I'm going to let you mull over this new information, so a better informed decision can be made.

Truthfully, I would recommend that the selection would be in the 3-5 range.  You may get lucky and hold on to 2, if you go there, but 1 would overrun you right now.  You don't have to be too picky right now, because you can later capture other bases, but you would abandon a base if you don't have at lease one player there.

Everyone whom was accepted without an additional condition needing to be met (Remuthra and shoruke) can begin to roleplay their characters debating over where they should go.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcrafters of ________ (6/6) Waitlist open!
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 12:19:10 pm »

Hmmm.  I can accept this if he was testing a spell that he didn't know the effect for, which wound up being "You suffer from amnesia permanently" when he was between 1052-1065, so that going to the college makes sense. (2?/6)

That would be acceptable.

Option 3, then.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 12:21:18 pm »

(*Gun cock* No. Lisp.)
Kyle looks at his colleague incredulously.
"You guys want to take the place everyone will want over the place where few people will want very much?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 12:59:43 pm »

If waitlisters can vote, I'm sticking with #2.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 01:05:50 pm »

In that case I'll switch my vote from Option 1 to Option 3.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 01:10:22 pm »

"Harrumph! Option 5 is clearly the best one. Free undead to experiment on, plenty of wildlife to experiment on, torch-wielding peasants to experiment on, the potential for all sorts of dark influences to experiment on, and reagents and prisoners as far as the eye can see!

Plus no meddling mages whatsoever."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 01:11:58 pm »

"I'd rather live to see my next birthday."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 01:13:08 pm »

The real problem I have with 4 and 5 is that the defensibility. How are we going to make a fortress of doom if the spot is tactically substandard?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 01:13:40 pm »

Magic.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2013, 01:13:53 pm »

Waitlist me pelase, I will be following this.

Name: Voyes Storm
Race: Halfling (Elf+Human Hybrid)
Appearance: 6"2, Slender but toned, Grey Eyes, Medium length blonde hair, Slightly elongated ears; dull instead of sharp. Wears a black tunic, with brown leather leggings with matching leather boots. Steel short sword in sheath connected to his belt. Satchel which holds his random supplies and spell book.
Personality: Seems almost bipolar, quiet at sometimes, then at other times is very talkative. Always looking to add new listings to his spell book. Usually quite serious unless there is no chance of danger.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2013, 01:14:24 pm »

The real problem I have with 4 and 5 is that the defensibility. How are we going to make a fortress of doom if the spot is tactically substandard?
Replacing those wooden palisades with something more substantial might be a good start...
But I agree with you.
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2013, 01:15:24 pm »

That's not what a halfling is :\.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2013, 01:17:45 pm »

"Bah, you're scared of a few zombies and pigs and peasants but not worried about rival mages? Come now, what's a few scattered deer attacks and shambling dead compared to a pack of mages looking to make themselves a home?

We'd just have to be vigilant at first, that's all."

This would probably be better in-character, but I don't think max defensibility is a major concern. I agree I'm wary about 4's low defensibility, but I'm thinking our surroundings will be more important than how thick the walls are or whatever.

Plus, presumably we can reinforce or improve it somehow. Adding undead barrows is a bit trickier.

That's not what a halfling is :\.
It is now!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4