Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 393857 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [In which the wait list is shortened]
« Reply #1020 on: August 13, 2013, 09:44:20 pm »

You shall not.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: August 13, 2013, 10:39:15 pm »

The pony has made to the cavern.  Looks like it wants a drink.

Actions.

Gonna have to sleep that one off, bro.

Tepsy Ollospon.

Hello random pony walking past.

[Pot:6+1]  Nothing happens.  Dammit.

Actions!

You run back and grab the wand.  No one else goes for it, so you dance around with glee at your new possession.

You note the acid has no effect whatsoever on it, and that it looks a hell of a lot like the one Myra had.  In fact, you'd swear it's the same one.

Point hand at derm, and do the same spear launching spell as last time. If unsucessful in murdering him, use his own spear to kill him, unless mines better.

You try again with your spear launchery.

[Pot:3]  A sort of spear shaped small piece of crystal forms in front of you- it's at least thin and (compared to its width) long.  It shoots straight forward, several feet over the prone Derm.

Kinda lame.  That lightheaded spear looks pretty swell, actually.  You grab that and stab the prone Derm a few times.  It's odd- the light head really just causes burns, but whenever he's hit with it, the part you hit just bounces away hard.  Shrugging, you apply it to his head.  A few good whacks to the side and you're pretty sure his neck is broken from the recoil.  He crumbles into ash and a ball of light the size of a baseball floats up and into your chest.

[Derm is dead.  Dave gains seven points.]

Push him off the edge.
It seems it's finally time for a Combat Turn

[Ocil Spd:1+1]
[Somnus Spd:4]

[Somnus Str:2]
[Ocil Str:2+1]

Somnus tries to push Ocil back and break off the grapple.  He only gets two small steps away from the edge.

[Ocil Str:2+1]
[Somnus Str:2]

Ocil pushes him back, right up to the ledge, enough to make Somnus stumble.

[Somnus Dex:1]

Somnus recovers by falling forward.  Wait no, that's backwards.  He scrabbles for the edge.

[Somnus Dex:1]

And misses entirely.   AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

From the depths rises a tiny pinprick of light which flies into Ocil's chest.

[Somnus is dead.  Ocil gains one point.]

"T-that was almost cool..."

Sienit Zibr.

((I assume non-combat pool fully regens or something? By my calculations I'd have 2 right now, so...))

If I have the pool left over for it, Macenes Tepsy.

Your mom thinks you're cool.

[Pot:5]  A large lump of copper forms in the air and falls to the ground.  When it hits the ground, it cracks.  The copper, not the ground.  Shrugging, you try your other spell.

[Pot:4]  Nothing happens.

Proceed to do something that will actually affect something.

Also, stay the frick away from that wand.

Since so much as looking at the wand makes the acid woman hiss at you, you ignore it as hard as you can.

[Pot:1]
[End:2]

Your legs turn into bronze axes.  You wobble, and fall over.

[Dex:2]
[End:3]

Directly onto one of the axe blades.  In addition, you're bleeding from a large gash in your now-crippled left arm.  Son of a bitch.

Danath and Chantala portal in on opposite sides of the Grand Room.  The two of you eyeball each other, looking for a sign of hostility.

Quote from: Players
Mastacheese:  Cromwell - North Side, Magma Room  {Legs are bronze axes, left arm is crippled and bleeding above the elbow}
Gamerlord:  Shane - Center, Cavern  [Obsidian Greatsword]
Draco1234:  Danath - Northeast side, Grand Room
Tsuchigumo550:  Algem - East Side, Magma Room
RathofSTS:  Ocil - Center of Bridge, Bottomless Pit (2)
Chink: Chantala - Southeast side, Grand Room
DaveTheGrave: Dave - Center, Spike Room  (Crystal-Electric Form)  {Cracked skull}  (8)
Sarzael:  Alish - West Side, Spike Room  (Body is acid) [Wand] {Leaking a bit of acid}

Syvarris is actually next on the waitlist, but he hasn't been on the forum in over ten days.  I went ahead and passed him up for now.

And with the death of Derm, all eight of the original players are now dead.  That means it's Q&A time!

How do you like the game so far?  Anything I could do better?  Anything you especially like/dislike?  Anything you don't understand?  Any other questions or comments?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:18:21 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 13, 2013, 10:40:02 pm »

Zibr Ollospon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 13, 2013, 10:42:12 pm »

Wait, what? That wasnt in the original! He never said anything about using my spear!

I really dislike this unconciousness mechanic. It just makes the game completely unfair to the reciever, and it's kinda bullshit when you can't defend yourself. Remove it.

I wish to lodge infinity profanities. Against everyone. Forever. Put me back in the wait list.

Also no Str/end rolls man? He didn't even have to roll to kill me with that spear?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:49:41 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: August 13, 2013, 10:47:15 pm »

((My comments: "OH YEEEEAAAAHHH SNAP INTO AN ARENA!"))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 13, 2013, 10:52:45 pm »

Wait, what? That wasnt in the original! He never said anything about using my spear!

I really dislike this unconciousness mechanic. It just makes the game completely unfair to the reciever, and it's kinda bullshit when I can't defend myself. Remove it.

I wish to lodge infinity profanities. Against everyone. Forever. Put me back in the wait list.

Yeah, he edited that in.  I only care at the point I run the turn.

And it sucks, but it doesn't come up often- usually the result of bad rolls against certain attacks.  You overshot that attack (negative consequences) and threw a 1 on your endurance roll.  You did survive your first unconsciousness, and it was a two-turner.

EDIT:  You only had to roll str because he's made of crystal, which is much stronger than flesh.  If you had thrown a four or five, you would have killed him.  See ...

Oh hey, I did make Tod roll str when he killed off Xantalos.  Okay, fine, I'll roll str for him, but it's going to be heavily biased against you like all prone attacks are.

[Dave Str:5]

Sorry, you're still dead.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 13, 2013, 10:54:40 pm »

Dammit.

Unconciousness is still crap. I only survived my first one 'cause piecewise is nice.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 13, 2013, 10:55:31 pm »

Dammit.

Unconciousness is still crap.
Yeah, totally. We should have instant death instead. That'd make it more fair, right?

PS: The cool smiley is very appropriate.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:59:15 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 13, 2013, 10:59:29 pm »

*Miscellanious grumbling*

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 13, 2013, 11:02:27 pm »

Not wanting to meet the fate Ocil silently moves onwards.
Spend point.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 13, 2013, 11:06:39 pm »

Wait so how do I use my seven points? Just stats?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 13, 2013, 11:18:02 pm »

Yep.  Seven more to go with your initial nine.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 13, 2013, 11:20:30 pm »

+3 Channeling
+2 Dexterity
+1 Endurance
+1 Potency

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 13, 2013, 11:21:13 pm »

And all of it for pretty much free~

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 13, 2013, 11:21:48 pm »

And all of it for pretty much free~
Hey man you attacked me while I was unconcious :p
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 198