Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 394492 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Killllllllll FRENZY!]
« Reply #1785 on: September 16, 2013, 08:43:37 am »

I though a one would be something along the lines *You fall from the bridge to the pit* Or that would be a zero?

The severity of a 1 (and a 6, really) depend on the complexity of what you're trying to do.  If you were tying your shoes and you rolled a one, you'd, at worse, pull the lace out of your shoe.  If you were trying to walk across a tightrope, you'd fall and probably rack yourself on the way down.

Now a zero, yeah, going over the edge would have been an option.  Zeros are simply horrible failures and can easily kill you outright when magic is involved.
And what would be most dangerous, a potency MINUS ONE (Possible though the words Potency and Drain, Caltarothcal Shasharasp in Perplexicon) or a potency twenty (Possible too, modifiying your body though will you can increase Potency to +1, then though you mark body with potency for +2, then stats (Up to 50 would mean 48 Potency and 2 Channeling being the best, which would do 16, +2=18, then Focus for +19, get a 1 and you got a 20, and up to 25!)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 08:46:35 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: September 16, 2013, 09:07:03 am »

Well, it depends on the spell.  A potency 25 boosted black hole would probably destroy the arena.  In any case, double digit pot rolls are firmly in the realm of "danger to yourself and others."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1787 on: September 16, 2013, 09:10:13 am »

Well, it depends on the spell.  A potency 25 boosted black hole would probably destroy the arena.  In any case, double digit pot rolls are firmly in the realm of "danger to yourself and others."
And, if we destroy the arena, what would happen next? And if we do an Irros, would we create a rift big enough as for the eldritch creatures theirselves enter our realm?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: September 16, 2013, 09:11:08 am »

If you manage to completely destroy the arena, I'd probably restart it with some changes.

I do have some interesting ideas for a CTF variant.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1789 on: September 16, 2013, 09:20:18 am »

If you manage to completely destroy the arena, I'd probably restart it with some changes.

CTF? What?

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: September 16, 2013, 09:21:16 am »

Bigfoot is doing good use of the words i told him to kill Xan :P
-snip-
Also, awesome turn. Funny, sometimes it's four deaths in a turn, sometimes a death in six turns.))
Two of those deaths were thanks to me. One in part, atleast. Also, bigfoot, why do you feel sorry? Xantalos got what he deserves and i suicided wanting.
Glad you liked it :D
I feel bad due to dat waitlist, and also I am not a violent person, but as demonstrated sufficiently effective!

"~Yippee! Lovely-wonderful-mounds-of-happiness! Classic-Tod-tradition-of-opportunistic-dickery-upheld. Overseer-must-be-proud.~"
(( IF ANYONE CAN ELIMINATE THE ALIEN THREAT, REWARDS ARE ON OFFER ))
((I might be able to help with that. As well as other problems, actually.))
Well... you may just have my attention... I would be willing to "open my wallet spellbook". I have a system that allows very quick science! (SYSTEM ITSELF IS NOT FOR SALE, ONLY PRODUCT) If you have a "master plan", my PM inbox is always open..!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1791 on: September 16, 2013, 09:22:55 am »

Bigfoot is doing good use of the words i told him to kill Xan :P
-snip-
Also, awesome turn. Funny, sometimes it's four deaths in a turn, sometimes a death in six turns.))
Two of those deaths were thanks to me. One in part, atleast. Also, bigfoot, why do you feel sorry? Xantalos got what he deserves and i suicided wanting.
Glad you liked it :D
I feel bad due to dat waitlist, and also I am not a violent person, but as demonstrated sufficiently effective!

"~Yippee! Lovely-wonderful-mounds-of-happiness! Classic-Tod-tradition-of-opportunistic-dickery-upheld. Overseer-must-be-proud.~"
(( IF ANYONE CAN ELIMINATE THE ALIEN THREAT, REWARDS ARE ON OFFER ))
((I might be able to help with that. As well as other problems, actually.))
Well... you may just have my attention... I would be willing to "open my wallet spellbook". I have a system that allows very quick science! (SYSTEM ITSELF IS NOT FOR SALE, ONLY PRODUCT) If you have a "master plan", my PM inbox is always open..!
DONT YOU DARE TELL ANYONE THE WORD FOR MANY.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: September 16, 2013, 10:14:09 am »

CTF? What?
Capture the Flag.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: September 16, 2013, 10:20:45 am »

CTF? What?
Capture the Flag.
Oh, oh oh! I have an idea: one side is Zentol, the other is Heaven. Each one have a sphere created through the respective spells that grants power to the team. On each base there is also a contained black hole created through their respective side spells. The winner is whoever team manages to grab the sphere of the opposite team and throw it in its own blackhole.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: September 16, 2013, 10:25:35 am »

CTF? What?
Capture the Flag.

That.

Since I'm sorta waiting for The Ensorceler to come up with a character, I can take a minute to detail that.  I was thinking two teams of four in a long rectangularish arena, mirrored on both sides.   Each team would have its own spellbook, with about 50% of the in-game words shared between and 25% each unique to the team.  There would be an "introductory" period of around five turns where each team could gear up with instant pool recharge and friendly fire being off.  This would give people a chance to gear up and learn the book a bit.  I'd probably use a grid for positioning, since movement in a CTF game would be much more important.  People would get X squares of movement a turn, with speed being a direct modifier to that (No rolling to see how far you would go to make things more objective.)  Once the game started, killed players would respawn after a turn delay.  Game would play to 1-3 points, depending on how long it takes to score.

The middle of the arena could have fun hazards and dangerous prizes as well.

PPE:  Yeah, something like that.  Nice flavor idea, too.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: September 16, 2013, 11:09:26 am »

(Damn it.)

Spoiler: waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 10:10:08 am by Tavik Toth »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: September 16, 2013, 11:41:34 am »

Would the flags be affected by magic? I presume that they can't be destroyed or teleported away, but could something such as a blackhole move them? Or could they be enchanted?

Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1797 on: September 16, 2013, 11:48:34 am »

Would the flags be affected by magic? I presume that they can't be destroyed or teleported away, but could something such as a blackhole move them? Or could they be enchanted?

If they can be magic affected game would be to easy. Control What im thinking of converts into Control Artifact, then you make the artifact float all the way to you, exploding the hearts of people who dare get close to it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: September 16, 2013, 12:04:50 pm »

Yeah, and make them nullify magic, actively, but within a very short range. This way nonmagic speed- and dex- based builds have a place, being able to use the flags for defense, and you can't just brute-magical-force your way into the opposing fort and get away with the flag, as your magic will be useless while you're carrying it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: September 16, 2013, 12:20:01 pm »

They should nullify magic, but also, maybe, drain 1 point from every stat. That way having, for example, a 4 in speed wouldn't be the same thing as having a 3, as the bones would be lost upon grabbing the flag.

More flavor ideas: the spheres are the things that control the black holes, so, when someone grabs them, their respective black hole enters a safe mode in which you can't throw anything inside, thus making mandatory to have both spheres to get a point.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 198