Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: QS and Booze  (Read 513 times)

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
QS and Booze
« on: July 12, 2013, 01:25:02 am »

Alright, I know not everyone loves Quantum Storage, but I need it.

That said, I meticulously setup unique QS lines for each booze type near my legendary dining room.  However, even with 'dump every 28 days' it appears my dorfs are standing around the minecarts and their stubby little arms can't reach in and grab the booze.  However, because they want it, noone's PUSHING the minecarts to dump it, so they're literally dying of thirst standing in the same square as the booze.

Ooookay, so apparently I don't know how to properly setup booze QS.  Any recommendations?

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
Re: QS and Booze
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 01:46:41 am »

Set garbage dump -> dump full booze barrel without the booze itself -> reclaim the booze barrel when dwarves have brought it into garbage dump

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 01:48:22 am »

Automate the pushing using powered rollers, levers, and/or pressure plates and circular tracks?

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 03:34:03 am »

I didn't think that you could reliably set up a Quantum Booze Pile (patent pending).  The stockpiles that allow booze have barrel limits and dwarves don't seem to like 2 barrels sitting on top of one one another when in use.  All of my Quantum Booze Piles have ended in hauling loops where a barrel gets moved to the quantum pile and then gets picked back up.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 08:22:15 am »

I normally use the still itself as a QSP. If you don't stockpile booze and don't buy any in, it'll stay in the still or in the few tiles surrounding it.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Shadow Creator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 05:04:21 pm »

I normally use the still itself as a QSP. If you don't stockpile booze and don't buy any in, it'll stay in the still or in the few tiles surrounding it.

This is what I generally do, at the very least at the start of every fort, and it makes it feel more like a bar anyway. Everyone gathering around the stills drinking straight from it talking about the new methods or ingredients almost like working at a brewery, right? I usually build a dining hall and a nice room with multiple stills for this purpose. I would like to see dwarves taking the booze in mugs to the dining hall with food but the still QS method is a great second option.
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -
Download @ DFFD ::: WIN ::: MAC ::: LINUX