Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Whispersships: A History of Insanity (Succession Game; Looking for Players!)  (Read 25004 times)

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone want a dwarfing? I've got like 45 unnamed dwarves.

Also, keep the journals/short stories coming, this is how you make a great community fort.

It's hard, because I know nothing about this incarnation of enolate. What is his/her personality, likes and dislikes, appearance, current job and skillset? I need to get in character. Also what is the condition of the fortress. It sounds like crud with one miner and eating plump helmets off the floor, but I don't know how bad. Are we smelting metal? What did we strike? Any finished goods?

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The other enolate had an optimistic, bubbly, trusting personality and a dislike of leadership, so I went with it. What does this one have?

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

The other enolate had an optimistic, bubbly, trusting personality and a dislike of leadership, so I went with it. What does this one have?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You look much like an elf...

You are also working the forges, kicking out picks and axes for the fort.

Ill also be more descriptive about the... mundane things that happen (I generally dont mention what we strike unless it's a metal related ore, adamantine, or we hit an aquifer/cavern).
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You look much like an elf...

Heh, lucky he has that long beard and mustache, even if they are suspiciously tidily braided. I can work with this.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:16:15 pm by enolate »

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

With that new wave of minions, i was able to accelerate my secret plan to a further stage.

Their influx provides the raw labor that i need, as it's rather resource intensive.

But, in order to do so, i need to make sure that the accomodations are up to snuff. over ninety beds have been ordered, three more masons workshops constructed, and gigantic piles of chairs, tables, cabinets, chests, and doors are being made.

These will furnish the new windmill apartments once they are complete. Until then however, im just tossing the beds on the edge of the meeting/training room, and having the floor/walls smoothed. This should function well as a halfway house until proper accomodations can be completed.

But, one does not just care about the sleep of his minions, you also need to care about their stomachs too. That's why ive had 3 new kitchens and stills constructed, with access near the actual food and barrel stockpiles.

More designing of the base, not a whole lot of updates.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Kourne

• Bay Watcher
  • Hole in beach digger
    • View Profile

The last uploaded save available was utilized by me before writing my diary.
On that topic I have to say that dorf!Kourne looks like he is taking illegal substances, seeing that his beard, mustache and hair is braided. The big irises are adding to this, so dorf!Kourne is either being drugged by someone to no avail or I really love braids for some reason.
Though I am still not sure what defining features he should have...
Anyway, if you need more dwarfing I request a female dwarf named Owl for my girlfriend. Preferably cheesemaker.

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The last uploaded save available was utilized by me before writing my diary.
On that topic I have to say that dorf!Kourne looks like he is taking illegal substances, seeing that his beard, mustache and hair is braided. The big irises are adding to this, so dorf!Kourne is either being drugged by someone to no avail or I really love braids for some reason.
Though I am still not sure what defining features he should have...
Anyway, if you need more dwarfing I request a female dwarf named Owl for my girlfriend. Preferably cheesemaker.
You think of your girlfriend as a cheesemaker? Gosh, dude. Why don't you just call her an animal caretaker and be done with it. :P

Unless she actually makes cheese in real life, cause that would be pretty cool.

Kourne

• Bay Watcher
  • Hole in beach digger
    • View Profile

You think of your girlfriend as a cheesemaker? Gosh, dude. Why don't you just call her an animal caretaker and be done with it. :P

Unless she actually makes cheese in real life, cause that would be pretty cool.

No no no, she wants to be a cheesemaker in my forts aswell so I requested the same job. :P

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Enolate's Log: 1st Granite.

I am a simple man. Give me an anvil and some peace, and I'll give you a gold-studded platinum nest box. I have few needs and desires. Generally, I'm not given to thoughts of "if only I had this". Or "I demand that". But I do know that I prefer to sleep in beds. Chairs do tend to be more comfortable than floors. Perhaps a table or two in the dining room wouldn't be too much of a burden. And no freaking dwarves complaining to me 22/7. I am beginning to think that ceding control to Tieranus was not a bright idea. He's a good sort, but I worry for his sanity and ability. It seemed only fair to give him some input (and free myself of the burden), but there's so much more we could be accomplishing. Hopefully this bp has a better idea.

Enolate's Log: 3rd Granite.
bp spoke to me today. "Forget the barrels, minion. We're drafting a couple of lackeys to dig us up a little surprise. And you're going to outfit them." Damn right! Forget the barrels. I kept meaning to tell Tieranus that they were a terrible waste of metal. At least, I thought so. Metal is so much better utilized than a poor replacement for rock. More miners do seem to be a good start to carve out our new world order. Definitely a mover, this bp. THe right stuff, he is. It's just, I never made a pick before. I hope I don't let him down.

Enolate's Log: 24 Granite
There are some good changes about this place. New order, indeed. I just wish bp would quit calling me elf. It is his right, but I do have this glorious beard. Maybe I should say something. Nah, probably not worth the bother. Lead on oh Glorious One! To Whisperships! To Victory.

Enolate's Log: 27 Granite
Matoro can't seem to grasp the leadership of our Glorious One. I am keeping an eye on him. A military coup would be undesirable, I think.

Enolate's Log: 3 Slate
bp wants me to make axes for when the next batch of lackeys shows up. I don't think he trusts the current army, either.  Matoro and griffinpup are always training behind closed doors. So it is them vs bp and Kourne and me too, I hope. I'm the expedition leader. And I know that bp has full confidence that we are behind him. At least I think I know that. We must not fail him, so that I do not fail the Mountainhome. Last year, I just don't know. We asked for hives! Hives, darn it. They are probably mocking us all the way home. Well our projects will wipe that stain away.  For order! For glory!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:07:49 am by enolate »

Kourne

• Bay Watcher
  • Hole in beach digger
    • View Profile

Your journal is so much more interesting to read than what I scribbled.
Damn you enolate! *shakes fist* D:

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile

Meanwhile in Whispersships

Hell, this place sucks. This place sucks maybe even more than the Mountainhomes.

I'm covered in elf blood. Normally it would be a honor for dwarf, but hell, that blood is just disgusting without the joy of slaughter. We don't even have strong enough alcohols to escape from Armok-forsaken reality. Hell, we don't have enough alcohol to even satisfy our thirst.

I've basically trained all the time. And chatted with griffinpup. I have to do something to forgot how fucked up everything there is.

That bp guy. While he is clearly better leader than the first one, he's still completely nuts. He calls us minions. What the hell. It's like he's pretending to be a demon overlord in some goblin tower. No, even demons are probably better than him. Especially demons are better than him.

At least he's got the ball rolling. Things are slowly turning to better. But leaders like him can't be trusted. I don't know how to deal with them.

The thing is, that if that madman goes too far, we have to act. We have to seize the control. I, my love griffinpup and my best friend Vinedragon. If bd orders something ridiculous, we'll seize the control for the best of Whispersships. As a protectors of the fortress, we have to protect it from itself. Our leaders are plagued by madness. Hell, even I nearly descended into that spiral of insanity. But I have work to do. A fort to save.

After these thoughts the mighty yet discouraged swordsdwarf headed for a drink.

Kourne

• Bay Watcher
  • Hole in beach digger
    • View Profile

Between the diary entries are scribbles of runes, aswell as meager drawings of turkeys.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Anyone want a dwarfing? I've got like 45 unnamed dwarves.
I do. Random dwarf, preferably male,
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm surprised and saddened that hippos here are not the man eating killers they are in real life. Originally, I thought we couldn't get war hippos because hippos are born war-trained. But they have the BENIGN tag.

Tieranus

• Bay Watcher
  • There are only so many bees in a hive.
    • View Profile

Hey, all. Sorry for my quietness; going to catch up on the thread tomorrow. Good to see it's still going!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16