Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Whispersships: A History of Insanity (Succession Game; Looking for Players!)  (Read 25026 times)

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

Nah, skin and fat removal is to chancey, it's just a focus on skill, then body, then mind. Just taken to extremes.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Hey, that's fun.
I'd like to have a turn!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

I rather hoped our fortress did not resort to burning off skin and fat. "No skin - no senses!" That sort of attitude is unnerving.
Hehe. Unnerving. Get it?  :P

Snow Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Wait why are there bone golems in my dinning room?"

Tieranus

• Bay Watcher
  • There are only so many bees in a hive.
    • View Profile

Hey, that's fun.
I'd like to have a turn!

Absolutely!

I really don't like quantum stockpiling, expect for stone. It's little bit cheaty.

I use many methods for overseeing forts that strike many as... cheaty, if not completely impossible.

Im not using danger rooms, but with that exception, anything that i can do without using any 3rd party tools (other than dwarf therapist, and im not using the "Enable child labor" option), ill probably be doing.

Impulse lifts, waterfall reactors, happiness generators, magma railguns, mental shattering, the list goes on and on... All viable in Vanilla DF

I foresee working coming dorf!Kourne's way. Mental shattering work... Oh well, sooner or later we will all go crazy here anyway.

As to your first year Tieranus, I enjoyed reading your bee filled madness, though I am still unsure if the elf blood is a curse or a blessing by armok.

I think it's a bit of both. As long as the main waterfall isn't tainted too much, we should count it as a blessing that Something isn't warm and fluffy in this place.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

I have had enough of the rambling bee. His insistence of making me dig the entire fort by myself is humiliating in of itself, but the more infuriating part of it is that the rest of the fortress (minus my secret henchman) views him with utmost respect. Instead of me caving in his skull and convincing the others that i was helping him be a beehive or something, i took his job.

Those weapons-grade hallucinogenic mushrooms that i kept slipping into his drink ended up driving him completely insane. As such, he has ceded control over to me.

While charismatic, Tieranus has no idea how to run a massive fort. 1 Miner? really? Im upping that number to FOUR, with three copper picks being ordered. We also have no planted plump helmets, so we're going with some more farmers. On the final thing we need is storage containers. From what i was able to extract from Tieraius's insane ramblings (I may have used a dose a smidgen too high), he was using COPPER to make barrels! We have MOUNTAINS of stone around here, so we're making rock pots. Perhaps we'll graduate to metal barrels once we actually have a working fort.

We also are running out of wood, so i've had everyone who isn't making rock pots, smithing, or mining (or waiting for a pick) is ordered to clear cut the forest, elf blood be damned.

An old friend of mine lives near here, residing in that goblin tower. We didnt leave on good terms. "Terry" and i never got along particularily well (he objected to me using his goblin creations as pawns), and i can guarantee that once he learns about me being here, he's gonna want to say hello.

Now, i know how to care for minions, and proper bedding is essential. We have FOUR beds for everyone, just out in the dirt. No carvings, nothing. Now, i may not see the other minions as an equal, but i do know how to get them working at peak efficiency. A drunk and happy dwarf is a PRODUCTIVE minion! Bedrooms are being designated in the new shaft that i am constructing. A windmill configuration, 1x3 rooms that i can fit 28 of in a single floor.

Speaking of new designations, the farms are being reworking. A proper 5x5 farm section designated, with food preparation, storage, and other cloth related industries placed in SECURE locations. Mining surveys places an aquifer both south of the main floor AND 2-5 levels under the "Good" section of the land. On the bright side, we have a gigantic amount of stone to work with. If my geology knowledge hasn't entirely dissipated, we have about 5-10 levels below base level until we hit the caverns, and we're on a mountainside. This means that as long as we don't dig too deep in our base expansion, nor into the good sections of the terrain, we shouldn't encounter any caverns.

1st Granite:
One of the hippos in the river has given birth to hippo calves. there's now 17 calves in the river, and 8 hippos, 2 aligators, 4 milkfish, and two stingrays (i thought stingrays couldnt survive in river. Perhaps one of "Terry's" inventions

2nd Granite.

Matoro freaked out today, sprinting towards the edge of the map, right after i told him to go take a break from patrol duty. He's currently screaming to himself, punching trees and throwing a tantrum. For the moment, im taking away his weapons. He can have them back when he calms down.

27th Granite:

Matoro has calmed down enough for me to give him back his axe, and Tieranus starts screaming that it's raining elf blood. He's not freaked out by the fact that it's raning blood, he's screaming for his BEES, who made it outside (Somehow). I really did a number on him...

5th Slate:

More hippo calves are being birthed...

7th slate:

Another hippo calf

12th Salte:

Seriously, how fast do hippos kick out pups? That's TEN in the past two months!

14th Slate:

MIGRANTS. TWENTY NINE OF THEM!

Of note are:

1 metalsmith (great furnace operating, weaponsmithing, armoring)
1 Great Strand Extractor (where the hell has he been to get that skilled at a task many dwarves will never experience?)
4 farmers

That's it. noone else of note.

20th Slate:

Griffinpup and Matoro have decided to get married. They are both unhappy, and are both the only members of the military. They have been having long "Training" sessions behind closed doors. They have decided to "Forego" any formal celebrations.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 11:29:57 pm by bp920091 »
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Kourne

• Bay Watcher
  • Hole in beach digger
    • View Profile

Druged Tieranus? We are in the second year and people are already screwing each other... literally in the case of dorf!Griffinpup and dorf!Matoro. Maybe a hippo related occurence?

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile

This is just best. A good narrating, keep going.

What actually is causing all that unhappiness? Lack of tables, chairs, beds and booze variety combined to the fact that it's raining blood?

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

What actually is causing all that unhappiness? Lack of tables, chairs, beds and booze variety combined to the fact that it's raining blood?

A lack of... everything. No engravings, low booze, raining blood, patrol duty for months (then he gets pissy that he gets taken OFF patrol duty. Must have screwed with his wedding plans or something), Food quality is crap, beds are near the excavation area.

Pro Tip: When someone gets Enraged by long patrol duty? take them off of it ASAP!

Kourne

• Bay Watcher
  • Hole in beach digger
    • View Profile

This is a wombat leather diary. All pendwarfship is of mediocre quality.
It is encrusted with kaolinite. On the front of the item is an image of a turkey in zinc.
The turkey is striking a menacing pose. On the back of the item is an image of a bugbat in oak.
The bugbat is in a fetal position.

1st of Granite
Today I woke up due to noises coming from the riverbank. Upon further investigation it seems that these hippos gave birth.
There is no way for me to tell how many there are now, all I can see are big chunks of meat floating around the river.
Back to being a productive dwarf and working on these plans I can't get out of my head.

2nd of Granite
So there were screams yet again and I immediatly suspected the hippos, but it turns out that Matoro is having a bit of a hard time.
How am I supposed to develop my glorious contraptions if I can't get any sleep!

25th of Granite
Still screaming. Need rum.

27th of Granite
For the first time in Armok knows how long I could sleep properly, without screams of agony or childbirth.
Had another rum in the morning to celebrate it and inspected the bridges afterwards. Sturdy like the stone we built in.

14th of Slate
Not even bothering with the damn hippos anymore, they are sploshing around in the river below and seem to have the time of their life.
On the other hand we got some migrants. More hands that wait to get dirty, but now we have to share the few beds with even more dwarfs.

20th of Slate
It is a day to be remembered diary, for Griffinpup and Matoro got married!
Though they are "celebrating" in private, I will have a mug of rum in their honor... Actually, make that 2 mugs of rum.
My plans of a well have been completed and I handed it to bp920091. Instead of just complaining I used the last few weeks to get this done. Maybe I am lucky and I will be rewarded with my very own turkey!
Since I finished this, I should go back to chopping some wood. We need more beds and sharing one with atleast 2 fellow dwarfs is dampening my spirits a bit.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:42:00 am by Kourne »

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A lack of... everything. No engravings, low booze, raining blood, patrol duty for months (then he gets pissy that he gets taken OFF patrol duty. Must have screwed with his wedding plans or something), Food quality is crap, beds are near the excavation area.

Pro Tip: When someone gets Enraged by long patrol duty? take them off of it ASAP!

Actually, according to the wiki, no matter the schedule you give, the soldiers will be enraged by patrol duty. As the patrol time is additive and their counter of how much never decreases.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

i just made them inactive for a couple of months a year. Solves that problem.

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i just made them inactive for a couple of months a year. Solves that problem.

Unless they have no civilian life like Matoro. Then, they will complain if you do and complain if you don't. Dwarves.  ::)

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile

Patrol duty thing has a fix in DFHack. Type "tweak patrol-duty". It's bug, so it's perfectly acceptable to fix with DFHack.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

Anyone want a dwarfing? I've got like 45 unnamed dwarves.

Also, keep the journals/short stories coming, this is how you make a great community fort.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16