Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Whispersships: A History of Insanity (Succession Game; Looking for Players!)  (Read 24965 times)

Tieranus

• Bay Watcher
  • There are only so many bees in a hive.
    • View Profile

(You can just edit the same post and keep adding to it, or write things as they happen in a notepad, and upload it all at once or by season. Saves having to make a new post.)

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Captain's Log 28 Slate
Urvad, our planter killed himself. Not that we needed anything to plant. Probably because a yeti corpse now joins the elephant seals.

Crash of some kind. Maybe for the best. This is not a friendly embark. Should I restart or find somewhere else? I cannot even restart, because it is now starting with the goo rain which means everyone dies before they can even act.

I still like the name, and part of it was randomly generated. So even if I have to do a clean embark, we can keep that.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:13:19 am by enolate »

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile

16. -18. I'm not able to play my turn, so you can move me a bit in the turn list. Somebody else can take the second turn.

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Started over due to the crash. Cats survived. Bear stole some food and drink.

Captain's Log: 28 Slate
Milked and made cheese from our water buffalo before slaughtering it. It was already hungry, and there is no food for it. But it will provide just a little more food for us. Though, I fear it will be far too little.

Captain's Log: 4 Felsite
March of the Penguins. I have sent out Matoro to gather all the penguin she can before the skeletal polar bears get them. Between that and the goo, we are doing these penguins a favor. Still, we have made the first small steps towards a fort. We now have a dining room and a few beds. But we have no way to replenish the drink supply. We must dig down. Perhaps there will be our answer.

Captain's Log: 16 Felsite
Our militia bagged one penguin but then got caught in the muck. I hope they make it back alive.

Captain's Log: 9 Hematite
March of the giant penguins. The military is still recovering from the last ordeal. But we need the food.

I took a survey of our wares and only 8 drinks left. We must find a way to grow soon, or at least a water source. Bim believes that if he digs down, he may find an aquifer. It'll have to make do.

Captain's Log: 26 Hematite
Migrants! And foul goo from the heavens. Will they make it inside?

Captain's Log: 28 Hematite
The evil weather has massacred the penguins, and some have already begun embracing undeath. We dare not go out to bring the others to the butcher, lest we to die and rise. Besides, the penguins are probably poisonous at this point. IO only hope the migrants will not run afoul of them.

Captain's Log: 2 Malachite
All made it past the yeti, including all three wax workers. I set the Iteb, the Engraver to work. And we may one day need a weaponsmith, should we find fuel in this blasted place. But even Tieranus cannot find a single bee for miles around. There is no wax.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Captain's Log: 23 Malachite
We have struck an aquifer and are using it to irrigate a small patch of rock. Alas, with no wood, we are forced to use our one bucket. But already, there is some progress. The water is potable as well, so we are no longer dying of thirst.

Though, we have few other weapons, I have instructed Matoro to teach his art to two of our waxworkers. We shall need an army if we mean to survive out here.

Captain's Log: 1 Limestone
Autumn comes and with it a death. Just when we had need of a planter, Urvad destroyed the door and allowed in a throng of undead little penguins. Though he did not survive, our army ensured everyone else did. I am unconvinced that undead are safe to eat, but the Weaponsmith assured me he could get some good meat off them. The Weaponsmith?

Captain's Log: 15 Sandstone
Matoro is upset. We all are. But she was closest to Urvad. I try to tell her that she did all she could and that things can only get better. But she won't hear of it. Still she is not following Urvad to doom, so that is something.

Captain's Log: 14 Timber
Our mason slipped while building the depot outside. One minute, he was perfectly healthy. The next, his leg was broken. It is currently under mend, but we can not cast it unless the caravan makes it here. At least, there is a trade depot now.

Captain's Log: 1 Moonstone
Spinner also severely wounded. Not sure why. We weren't attacked. And the goo never had this effect before. Nor do the traders seem to mind it. Strange

Captain's Log: 11 Moonstone
One of the Merchant animals exploded. Definitely something in the air. Still, the fortress is certainly improving. We have food, drinks, engravings, cloth, and stitches. We we prevail. If only I could convince the others.

Captain's Log: 1 Obsidian
Our mason and dyer died peacefully in their sleep. I do not understand it.

Everyone suddenly died, and all sorts of weird things happened. The farm plot disappeared. I'm going to redo winter, and see if I cannot figure out what happened.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 04:45:46 pm by enolate »

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

Ill take a spot.

Question. How much physics/game abuse is allowed (danger rooms, impulse generators, magma railguns, ect.)?

nothing requires out of game tools, but in my forts, physics is whimpering under a table.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:24:56 am by bp920091 »
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile

Danger rooms are for weaklings, but otherwise physics abuse is awesome. I don't mind impulse minecart epicness and things like that.

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Danger rooms are for weaklings, but otherwise physics abuse is awesome. I don't mind impulse minecart epicness and things like that.

I don't know anything about minecarts. Danger rooms are too easy.

Vinedragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll join. And get the fortress killed by my complete ineptitude to handle undead things.

I guess everyone starts somewhere, eh?

Tieranus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ill take a spot.

Question. How much physics/game abuse is allowed (danger rooms, impulse generators, magma railguns, ect.)?

nothing requires out of game tools, but in my forts, physics is whimpering under a table.

As long as it's doable without ruining the fortress entirely, I'm alright with most things. Just make it make sense in-character.

Danger Room as in a panic room, or are we talking X-Men style?

Tieranus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll join. And get the fortress killed by my complete ineptitude to handle undead things.

I guess everyone starts somewhere, eh?

Half the fun is losing horribly. My play through ended in a season, with a horse skin having slain our only militia dwarf.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

Ill take a spot.

As long as it's doable without ruining the fortress entirely, I'm alright with most things. Just make it make sense in-character.

X men style.

It's the best way to face terrifying biomes :)
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Umm...  I'm pretty newbie at DF, so I'll probably just make the fortress die, but if you'll have me, I'll give it a try.

Tieranus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Umm...  I'm pretty newbie at DF, so I'll probably just make the fortress die, but if you'll have me, I'll give it a try.

More the merrier! Feel free to ask questions, make mistakes, etc. From what I can tell, at least three of us have been playing for a year or two (can't actually remember how long I've played this infernal timesink), so we can lend a hand.

Tieranus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ill take a spot.

X men style.

It's the best way to face terrifying biomes :)

What did you have in mind, exactly?

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More the merrier! Feel free to ask questions, make mistakes, etc. From what I can tell, at least three of us have been playing for a year or two (can't actually remember how long I've played this infernal timesink), so we can lend a hand.

Seems the goo sometimes paralyses and sometimes breaks limbs and tracks everywhere. I had no idea that was possible. So I will just finish the turn. Don't step outside, I suppose. And the next person will have to figure out how to retrieve the things from the Depot.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16