Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Whispersships: A History of Insanity (Succession Game; Looking for Players!)  (Read 24932 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

With this, we must create a war hippo grenade by stuffing all the hippos into one cage, attached to a lever.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

That's not a grenade, that's a mine

Kitten mines mk ll
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No amphibious animals are grazers.

Kourne

• Bay Watcher
  • Hole in beach digger
    • View Profile

Weekend kept me somewhat busy, but I will surely draw something ridiculous that's hippo related.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile

With this, we must create a war hippo grenade by stuffing all the hippos into one cage, attached to a lever.

How about shooting that cage with impulse minecart to the wall, so it ejects all the occupants and shoots them with high velocity to the invaders?

Kourne

• Bay Watcher
  • Hole in beach digger
    • View Profile

Today we learned 3 things:
1. Lunch breaks are great for drawing.
2. Hippos aren't supposed to wear helmets.
3. Enemies are well entitled to soil their pants.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And I can't draw hippos properly...

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

Ive been extremely busy lately, ill push out an update within 24 hours though.

Should i change the hippos to be carnivores (fitting for a war animal), since they are now trainable?
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Should i change the hippos to be carnivores (fitting for a war animal), since they are now trainable?
If they rage, I don't think it matters.

I do have some entries as well as the story of why Elves think so highly of the ethical works of the Molten Pulley. But they aren't finished.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:35:24 am by enolate »

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

I do have some entries as well as the story of why Elves think so highly of the ethical works of the Molten Pulley. But they aren't finished.

I was thinking more about the food aspect. I'd rather not have our trained war hippos starving because of broken grazing mechanics.

The carnivore because of a war animal was just for backstory purposes.

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was thinking more about the food aspect. I'd rather not have our trained war hippos starving because of broken grazing mechanics.

The carnivore because of a war animal was just for backstory purposes.

Don't worry. Hippos don't eat. They aren't grazers, though they would be entirely incapable of feeding.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

ill be putting an update up shortly, but i do have a problem.

I will be inactive for the next four or five days (family reunion). Do you want me to post my save, although im only 3/4 through the year, or hold onto it until next week?

Kourne

• Bay Watcher
  • Hole in beach digger
    • View Profile

Would be interesting to hear something from Tieranus, but if you are busy you could always upload the save early I guess.
If matoro is up for an extended turn though. ^^

Otherwise we could always wait for you to come back, I mean there is no pressure to finish your turn in a short amount of time. We got by so far with talking about hippos for 2 pages, so we will find something else to talk about to kill some time.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile

I'm okay with waiting. Let's wait until you get your whole turn.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

I too am fine with waiting, although it doesn't really affect me much.

Also, war hippos are an amazing topic, we should discuss their precise strengths, weaknesses and deployment strategies.

It's time for hippo science!

Kourne

• Bay Watcher
  • Hole in beach digger
    • View Profile

Surely there is a way to deploy them with something related to water, being amphibious is a trait that will serve us well.
On that topic, the dorfs should get a petting zoo/swimming pool area with semi-wild hippos. This would improve swimming, clean them and if they flip combat skills on dangerous terrain. Or simply sort out the peasants... or even nobles? Hmm...
Why not dump them in the nobles office altogether?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 01:07:08 am by Kourne »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16