Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Whispersships: A History of Insanity (Succession Game; Looking for Players!)  (Read 24962 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

I'm fine with making them trainable.

Amberjewel had a trainable yetis. Which actually meant that the fort was full of yetis that could flip at any moment back to wild and slaughter everybody.

Hell yes.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Kourne

• Bay Watcher
  • Hole in beach digger
    • View Profile

... that could flip at any moment back to wild and slaughter everybody ...

Yes, it's a curse and blessing at the same time which seems to fit the theme of the fort very well.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

That's fine, play whenever you got time. I imagine that writing down all the important bits and bobs at the same time will take a while.
Also, if any of you want a scrubby drawing of something in particular be my guest and let me know.

Oh and what are we doing with the hippos now? War trainable or not? Maybe if we had war lungfish...

I've been thinking about what to do about the hippos, and I can't think of a good way to catch them yet.

I will be making them war trainable tonight. If you could draw those hippos, that would be good.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile

Drain the river and make two dams with floodgates. Cage traps between them. Open floodgates, let the hippos wander freely into the traps.

If the river freezes, this is easy to do. If it doesen't you'll have to do some pumping.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

Drain the river and make two dams with floodgates. Cage traps between them. Open floodgates, let the hippos wander freely into the traps.

If the river freezes, this is easy to do. If it doesen't you'll have to do some pumping.

I was thinking about doing it in other ways. Also, Pumping is unnecessary. we do have an aquifer right below the upper river...

Lower river I can also divert into the lower aquifer.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was thinking about doing it in other ways. Also, Pumping is unnecessary. we do have an aquifer right below the upper river...

Hippos can walk on land. Just scare them away and into the traps.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are they aggressive? We could use a bait, too, like with crocs.

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They should be, but they just stand there. That's what lead to the discussion about how to restore dignity to Africa's deadliest mammal.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They should be, but they just stand there. That's what lead to the discussion about how to restore dignity to Africa's deadliest mammal.

[PRONE_TO_RAGE]?

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

[PRONE_TO_RAGE]?

Excellent idea matoro.  Bestow the gift of uncontrollable anger upon a massive amphibious tank, who probably has such thick flesh layers that even a dreaded arrow couldn't slay it.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

[PRONE_TO_RAGE]?

Excellent idea matoro.  Bestow the gift of uncontrollable anger upon a massive amphibious tank, who probably has such thick flesh layers that even a dreaded arrow couldn't slay it.

I'll mod this in tonight :)

Rampaging war hippos? How is that not awesome

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Exactly. Why is this not default?

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

Exactly. Why is this not default?

Simple. If this was in the vanilla game, it would be too awesome and combust on release.

I think ive gotten them modded in correctly (gonna run some tests on a cloned version of the fort (testing to see if they were modded properly), so no update tonight.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are hippos grazers? Since if they are, I think we should make them carnivorous (DWARF FLESH). Grazing war animals have to be always in the pasture with a lot of grass, which is ineffective way to use our beloved flesh tanks.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

Are hippos grazers? Since if they are, I think we should make them carnivorous (DWARF FLESH). Grazing war animals have to be always in the pasture with a lot of grass, which is ineffective way to use our beloved flesh tanks.

As far as I can tell, no. they are omnivores.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16