Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 20: Fin  (Read 32879 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 1: Stranded
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2013, 07:33:14 am »

(I was out all night because of grandparent accident)
That sounds unpleasant, whether it was your grandparents getting in an accident or...um...it'll come to me...having accidental grandparents? That doesn't make any sense...

What I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry to hear that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2013, 11:32:17 am »

Might be a little late but its worth a shot, if you have the space to accommodate me im in

Name: David
Appearance: 5"10, Skinny Build, Medium Length Brown Hair,and Grey Eyes. Cold. Very Manipulative, and analyzing. No Empathy for others. Could be described as heartless.
Backstory: Highly optional
Inventory: (Assuming I already have a very trendy satchel) A machete, for multiple purposes.
Skill: Stealth

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2013, 06:20:38 pm »

Might be a little late but its worth a shot, if you have the space to accommodate me im in

Name: David
Appearance: 5"10, Skinny Build, Medium Length Brown Hair,and Grey Eyes. Cold. Very Manipulative, and analyzing. No Empathy for others. Could be described as heartless.
Backstory: Highly optional
Inventory: (Assuming I already have a very trendy satchel) A machete, for multiple purposes.
Skill: Stealth
Sorry, you're a tad too late. Ill add you to the waitlist to replace someone if they leave, but due to the nature of this game, there won't actually be any replacement players when people die.

The turn *should* be up in a hour or so.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2013, 07:35:20 pm »

Turn 2: Fire Burning Bright

Annie gets up and dusts herself off.  Although she is soaked, there isn't much one can do about it in a humid jungle.  Why did she run away again?  Because court life is dull, that's why! Duh! Still, she has no idea what everyone else is here for, and somehow she gets the feeling she received a lot more excitement than she wanted.

Annie proceeds to look around, examining the jungle surroundings as best as she can with the bad visibility.  Spotting the tiger, she peers at it with her binoculars.

((All right, I have no clue if I'm doing this right!  Let's go!))
((Yeah, you're doing it just fine.))
[4+1] You look around the jungle. Its filled with large trees and tons of dense vegetation. The foliage is very thick in every direction. The river is flowing fast and is very wide, although it should be possible to craft a raft to cross it, swimming it seems rather too dangerous, especially if you wanted to stick together. A crocodile is laying on the far bank sunning itself, and there are probably more underwater.
You look right at the tiger, and watch as it continues to lick itself.
Spoiler: How the jungle looks (click to show/hide)

Oh. Then pull out a flashbang from my crate and wait for the tiger to get close.
You pull out one of your delayed throwing explosives and wait the tiger to get closer. Sadly, the tiger decides to avoid getting close to any of you. Drats. You keep it ready just in case it suddenly springs at you though.
((Note: Although it wasn’t very clear, the year this is taking place around is ~1870. Due to this, although you do have pretty potent explosive, they are all rather primitive by today’s standards. Which means most notably in this context, no flashbangs.))
See? What did I tell you? Blast, it's dark in here. Let's have a little light, eh?

Joe Bridger takes out his lighter and attempts to start a fire using the nearby vegetation.
[6+1] After spending about ten minutes trying to start a fire with your tiny lighter in the damp underbrush you get annoyed. You walk over to the edge of the clearing and shoot liquid flame into the trees.
The others seem to be rather worried at the giant fire you started, but you figure that a little fire never hurt anyone.
Unsheathe multiple knives and roar at the tiger to scare it.
[5+1]vs[1+2] You unsheathe your knives and roar at the tiger. It promptly falls off the branch it is occupying a good ten feet down to the ground and runs the hell away.

Oh, look, this started while I was out.

Begin taking notes on what everyone is doing. Locate some kind of fire-starting device.

It takes you some time to decide on what to do, but you eventually decide to find a fire-starting device instead of writing in your journal.
[1] Luckily, there is a massive fire a few feet away from you. You walk over, pick up a branch, and stick it fully into the fire. Unluckily, that crazy tiger guy’s yelling scares the bejesus out of you, and you fall straight into the inferno. You manage to drag youself out of it a few moment later just a little worse for wear. And on fire.
On the bright side, you did manage to get two fire starting devises, yourself, and your branch is on fire pretty well too.
Scream at the tiger! Throw rocks at him! Remind him of the injustice we've done to him!

"Don't worry guys. I know what I'm doing!"

You start screaming at the tiger, [6+1] and although he is already out of sight, you feel that you made him really really angry at you. You also think about throwing a stone at him, but you have no clue where he is anymore.

(I was out all night because of grandparent accident)

May as well fish for some food.
[5+1] You take your fishing rod out, and throw it into the river. Right away you manage to catch and real in some kind of large fish. Moments later you catch another. And then another. You decide that three is enough for now, and turn your attention to the antics taking place on the other side of the clearing.

[+3 assorted large fish]
---
Keeping expert watch, the princess is the only one who notes the large crocodile on the far bank look over at the fish that were caught with extreme interest, and slowly slide into the water.
-----

The Tiger:
ANGER RAGE CONTEMPT LOATHING
[5+2] ??????

Health: 89/100
Skills: King of the jungle, Cunning, Frenzied , 1st Dan in Fu Jow Pai
-----
The fire:
It appears to be growing worringly fast. So fast in fact, that staying in the clearing much longer might start to get a bit too hot for people to handle.

-----------
Time of day: 4 PM (Night in 2 turns)
Weather: Not raining
----------
Spoiler: Blake; GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jake Blake; Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Annie Marie; Lalasa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  John Lord; scapheap (click to show/hide)
----------
By the way everyone, you only get a rolling action per turn, barring extreme circumstances, special skill, or special weapons (eg. The flamethrower can attack multiple enemies at once, explosives attack everyone nearby, and the tiger can attack two humans per turn).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 07:39:07 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 2: Fire Burning Bright
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2013, 07:45:40 pm »

Take a large, long branch and light it on fire as a torch.

((Wow. I...I didn't die doing that!))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2013, 07:57:17 pm »

Hahahahaha! Everything is better with a little fire!
Joe grabs a flaming branch. He continues setting things on fire, moving away from said fire.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 12:59:57 am by Remuthra »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2013, 07:58:45 pm »

Stop drop and roll! Stop drop and roll! STOPDROPANDROLL!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2013, 08:03:24 pm »

Move my explosives away from the fire, towards any place I can find that the fire shouldn't spread.

((Not the river.))

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2013, 08:51:37 pm »

Annie puts down her binoculars now that's she's seen what's needed to be seen.  Which includes the crocodile.  Although a large, particularly ticked tiger seemed like a primary danger, so does the fire and the crocodile. 

"Would anyone like to know that a large Crocodylus palustris is crossing the river towards us?  Or is everybody too busy clearing the jungle?  Is that what the mission is?" Annie inquires politely.  She doesn't expect to get an answer so she tries to move the fish away from the croc and the fire.  They need to be cooked before eaten of course, but it would be bad to cook oneself along with the fish, right?

Perhaps it would be a better idea to put the man on ire out, but Annie has no suitable container for water and doesn't see one either.  The man will simply have to douse himself.  He's probably an expert after all, so it must be a controlled stunt~!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2013, 11:09:17 pm »

"Would anyone like to know that a large Crocodylus palustris is crossing the river towards us?  Or is everybody too busy clearing the jungle?  Is that what the mission is?"
Blake, using his eternal wit, replies:

"FIRE FIRE FIRE!"

Okay, his wit didn't really enter there. Cut him some slack, he's on fire!
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2013, 12:58:57 am »

Tony Dallas scoffs at this puny fire! Nevertheless, he departs in a direction away from the fire, intimidating any animals out of his path.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2013, 03:21:04 am »

Walk away from the fire, probable with Dallas.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2013, 12:47:37 am »

Due to some scheduling problems (namely, me procrastinating on my essay till the last minute, since I spent a lot of the time I should have been doing my homework working on this game), the turn probably will be done ~16 hours from now at the soonest.
On the bright side, it is already ~75% complete.

Yeah, you didn't die yet. Depending on how exactly the tiger's next attack turns out (he will have a +3/4/5 to attacking you (+1 for him being a tiger, +1 for stealth, +1 for rage, a possible +1 for you not having a weapon (really a -1 for you, assuming you fail to get a flaming branch that is), and a possible +1 for ??)), there is every possibility that you will be dead very soon.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:52:32 am by lemon10 »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2013, 01:02:57 am »

It's on, Tyger!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2013, 07:24:04 pm »

Turn 3: Fire Everywhere

[2] You look around, but are unable to find any nearby branches that aren't already on fire to use as a torch. You reach into the fire to grab one, but pull your scorched arm out before you can reach it.
[-10 health]
Hahahahaha! Everything is better with a little fire!
Grab flaming branch. Continue setting things on fire.
[3+1] You grab a flaming branch, and walk over to the other side of the clearing and manage to set some stuff on fire there. The fire gets a +1 to its attack roll against within range this turn.
Stop drop and roll! Stop drop and roll! STOPDROPANDROLL!
[6] You get down on the ground and ROLL straight off the bank into the river. As you start to go downstream, you notice the crocodile straight upstream going for those fishes. You're also starting to get a little waterlogged. After you go downstream a bit, you see that the river branches into two.
Move my explosives away from the fire, towards any place I can find that the fire shouldn't spread.

((Not the river.))

[4] You look around at all the fire that is quickly becoming everywhere in reach, and leave the clearing traveling west. You don’t manage to get very far, but you get far enough that you should be safe from the fire for the immediate future.
Annie puts down her binoculars now that's she's seen what's needed to be seen.  Which includes the crocodile.  Although a large, particularly ticked tiger seemed like a primary danger, so does the fire and the crocodile. 

"Would anyone like to know that a large Crocodylus palustris is crossing the river towards us?  Or is everybody too busy clearing the jungle?  Is that what the mission is?" Annie inquires politely.  She doesn't expect to get an answer so she tries to move the fish away from the croc and the fire.  They need to be cooked before eaten of course, but it would be bad to cook oneself along with the fish, right?

Perhaps it would be a better idea to put the man on ire out, but Annie has no suitable container for water and doesn't see one either.  The man will simply have to douse himself.  He's probably an expert after all, so it must be a controlled stunt~!
[5+1]v[2] You ask John if he could kindly give you his fish to stop them from getting burnt. He thinks about this for a few seconds, and is unable to think of any reason not to. He hands you all three of the fish.
[+3 large raw fish gained]
[6] You covertly take all three of the fish, and take off in a sprint, passing through one of the areas surrounding the clearing that aren’t burning just yet. You take a break after about a minute, panting heavily. You can’t see the fire anymore, but you can sort of tell what direction its in still, the stench of smoke is strong even this far away.

Tony Dallas scoffs at this puny fire! Nevertheless, he departs in a direction away from the fire, intimidating any animals out of his path.
[4] You rush out of one of the rapidly closing gaps in the fire, and get through with your clothes just a little singed. You stop outside the range of the fire, and look at those still in the clearing, waiting for them to get out.
Walk away from the fire, probable with Dallas.
[1] You try to run out of the fire with Dallas, but right after he passes the flames rush together, trapping you in. You flinch backwards, falling and spraining your right ankle. You stand up and try to walk through again, but the pain from your ankle is so intense that you almost fall over again. It feels like its broken, but you can tell that aside from the pain its working fine.
[-5 HP]
[Sprained Right Ankle]

-----
The Tiger:
[5+1+1+1-1]v[4-1] (crazy charge gives him -1 roll but +2 damage (which evens out to +1 damage if the hit connects), as well as a nasty wound if he missed) After trying to get a branch out of the flames, Plate takes a breath and looks up as he prepares to grab another. To his complete amazement, he sees The Tiger running straight down the side of a tree that couldn’t be less than 100 feet tall. Plate is transfixed to the spot, and only at the very last second does he begin to run. But he’s too slow, The Tiger’s front claws come down on his shoulders, shattering them instantly. The tiger then converts his downward momentum to horizontal momentum, launching himself off Plates broken shoulders at the fisherman.
[-40 HP]
[Broken Left Shoulder ]
[Broken Right Shoulder ]

[5+1+1]v[6]  John ducks and rolls, and the tiger sails over his head, barley managing to scratch him with one of his claws.

[-5 HP]
[Light Bleeding]
-----
As this ends, the crocodile pulls himself up onto the land, seemingly unconcerned by the fire. He has only one goal, to get the fish from the man with the rod.
-----
The fire:
[6+1]v[6,2,3,4+1,4]
The fire roars and greedily expands, becoming an inferno that is wider and hotter by the second.
Joe is closest to the edge, and the first one the fire reaches for, seemingly alive. He dances back agilely, escaping into the center of the clearing with only a minor burn.
[-5 HP]
It grasps at Plate next, collapsed on the floor from the hit he took from The Tiger. It envelops him, and he barely manages to crawl out of it before he is consumed completely. As he crawls free, he finds that the smoke has driven him temporarily blind.
[-10 HP]
[FIRE]
[Temporary Blindness]
Joe fairs much better, but his fishing rod does not. Although he manages to keep out of the flame almost entirely, the string on his rod begins to char and blacken from the heat. Before he can do anything its gone almost entirely. The rest of the rod will still act as a workable weapon though.
[Lost Fishing Rod]
[Gained Pole]
The Tiger roars at the fire, and tries to leap through it, only to be beaten back by the flames and the heat. On its left side, its formerly peerless fur is burnt and scraggly.
[-15 HP]
The crocodile is burnt badly. After a bit of introspection, it decides that the fish aren’t worth it, and launches himself back into the river.

The fire has been upgraded into an inferno. Any attempt to escape it by any other route then jumping into the river carries a -2 penalty.
----------
Time of day: 6 PM (Night in 1 turns)
Weather: Not raining
----------
Spoiler: Blake; GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jake Blake; Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Annie Marie; Lalasa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  John Lord; scapheap (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Tiger (click to show/hide)
-----
Congratulations, you have all managed to turn this situation completely horrible far faster than I thought possible. I think at least two of you will be dead before the sun rises the next day.
---
Also, sorry for the delay on this, wasn't able to get on the computer very much to finish it (excluding homework time that is).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:33:25 pm by lemon10 »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21