Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 20: Fin  (Read 32846 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 3: Fire Everywhere
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2013, 11:43:39 pm »

My explosives must be safer!
Than what?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 3: Fire Everywhere
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2013, 01:59:57 am »

Turn 4: Out of the Frying Pan into the Fire

[3+1] Dallas sees a golden opportunity. And being a tiger of action, he jumps at the chance. Running around the infero, he is able to catch the crocodile just as it dives back into the water. With a roar, he jumps onto its back. The tiger turns around to bite at him, but for an instant Dallas assumes the frightening visage of MC HAMMER. Terrified, the crocodile can do nothing but comply with his mad whims. However, Dallas is not strong enough to command the full power of the HAMMER, and soon the crocodile will break free from his control. (Every turn after this the crocodile will get a combat roll vs dallas. If he wins, then he breaks free of your control).

[Gained crocodile mount and pet]

[4] Blake manages to drag himself out of the river. After he coughs up the water in his lungs, he takes note of the items he possesses. His suit is looking rather ragged and bedraggled, both from the water and the fire. Everything else is in fine condition though, far better than to be expected given what he just went through. The books somehow avoided getting waterlogged, and his ink jar is still closed tightly. You try to watch the fire, but aside from a glow, you can’t see it past the bend in the river. You contemplate going back upriver to see if everyone is still alright, but decide against it for now.

[1+1] Jake removes the cap from his grenade, primes it, and throws it as hard as he can. It flies straight ahead, until it bounces off a branch and flies straight backwards. In horror you grab your crate and try to drag it backwards.
(Hohum, the long delay time on it means that the grenade explodes at the absolute end of the turn. Yeah, it isn’t the best of weapons to be honest. You would probably get a better (although far more dangerous result) just setting your dynamite off and throwing it, and get a better (although more dangerous still) by using your nitroglycerin).

[6+1] (After some debate, I decided to add pyromania to the roll, but only assuming that he actually escaped in the first place (it didn’t make much sense for burning things to help him escape)).
With a mad cackle Joe held down the trigger on his flamethrower as he ran, splashing the ground with gasoline, and covering the river itself. He sees Dallas riding on a crocodile, and waves hello to him with his flamethrower. [4-1]v[4+1] As Dallas sees the fire heading towards him, he orders the crocodile underwater, and he watches from below as the flames rage far above. Joe frowns when he realizes that he accidently shot at Dallas with some flames, but figures that seeing as he’s riding a crocodile, he should be able to survive without too much trouble. Joe jumps through the new flames, and splashed down into the river, barley able to keep from floating up to the surface with his surprisingly buoyant flamethrower.
[-2 flamethrower ammo]
(After a bit of thought, your reckless use of it each times cost ½ a ammo, and the attack cost 1 ammo)
[1] Plate just starts to hyperventilate. He tries to muster up the will to escape, to put out the fire, but is unable to find any. “THIS ISN’T FAIR” he yells “WHY DID THAT BLOODY MANIAC GET OFF SCOTT FREE”. He takes another breath, and the smoke fills his lungs. He starts coughing profusely. He tries to drag a breath of air through his lungs, but the pain is too intense. He falls face down and he suddenly can’t move at all.
[-10 HP]

Plate simply sits there sobbing, unable to summon enough willpower to make his ruined body do anything.
[-10 HP from burning]
[Burnt Lungs]
[1-1] John stumbles along the ground, in a direction that he hopes is the river. Smoke blocks his vision in every direction. After several steps he collapses to the ground, his lungs clogged and rendering breathing nearly impossible. He tries to stand again, and puts all his weight on his good leg. He takes another step, and falls down again. He takes a stumbling breath with his bad ankle, and screams as his good leg falls down a hole and snaps. In his pain, he misses when a single drop of water falls through the canopy and splashes on his head.
[-25 HP]
[Burnt Lungs]
[Broken Left Leg]
[5] Annie tries to feel the direction of the wind, but the air felt tepid and flat. She thinks that she can smell the smoke somewhere behind her, but exactly where is a bit too hard for her to tell. With nary a stumble, she flits through the jungle, hopping over brush and around trees. After about two hours, she stops out of breath. It had been about an hour since she had smelt any smoke at all. In front of her, is a steep ravine. She can’t tell how long or deep it is, but she doesn’t relish trying to find a way across it in the dark.
-----
[3+1]The Tiger runs out of the tiny gap remaining, and jumps out above the river, for a brief instant it is silhouetted above the burning river in flight, suspended between heaven and earth. Then it plunges down into the river, swallowed whole by the water.
-----
 [5]v[2,5]
The Inferno rushes forwards, enveloping Plate, burning most of the rest of the life out of him till he is a smoldering crust around a boiling core. Miraculously, he is still alive.
[-15 HP]
John on the other hand stumbled into the right location, the fire burns around him, but never actually harms him.
-----
[6v5-1]The delayed explosive throwing device rolls and clanks, seemingly chasing Jake. He finally manages to put some distance between him and it however, when it finally exploded. The explosion throws him through the air, and he lands on the ground a few yards away, a heavy ringing in his ears.
[-10 HP]
[stunned]
-----
Time of day: Night, 9 PM (Day in 3 turns)
Weather: Beginning to sprinkle
----------
Spoiler: Blake; GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jake Blake; Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Annie Marie; Lalasa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  John Lord; scapheap (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Tiger (click to show/hide)
----------
Any last words Cheesecake?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 08:53:28 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 4: Out of the Frying Pan into the Fire
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2013, 02:09:30 am »

((Fuck yes I have a crocodile mount.))

Dallas has his crocodile, which is now named Kevin, swim out from under the burning gasoline!
If Kevin attempts to rebel, he shall punch him in the snout to establish dominance.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 03:41:17 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2013, 02:22:23 am »

Oh, in case it wasn't clear enough already.
The poet, the princess and the demoman are the only ones of you actually out of the fire. Everything else is still in it. Now, some of you may have taken temporary refuge underwater, but at the end of the turn you  *will* have to take a breath (as well as the turn after that). Even those of you riding a crazy awesome crocodile might want to consider getting somewhere safer (well, safer until the pyro burns it down as well).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2013, 02:24:12 am »

The poet, the princess and the demoman are the only ones of you actually out of the fire. Everything else is still in it. Now, some of you may have taken temporary refuge underwater, but at the end of the turn you  *will* have to take a breath (as well as the turn after that). Even those of you riding a crazy awesome crocodile might want to consider getting somewhere safer (well, safer until the pyro burns it down as well).
Is the tiger out of the fire? I am in the water, after all.
Sig! Onol

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2013, 02:27:53 am »

The guy who got burnt was John, not Joe. Also, I am proud as a pyromaniac to call this my character.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2013, 03:24:29 am »

Opps, sorry about that, fixed.
The tiger is in the water with you guys, so yeah.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2013, 03:29:42 am »

By that logic, am I not out of the fire?
Sig! Onol

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2013, 03:31:56 am »

idontwannadieguyshelpmeplz!

Muster all remaining strength to crawl out! I've survived 4 rounds of stupidity! I'm not dying now!

Seriously. If I make it out alive, I'm gonna put a crackdown on the guy who started this fire. (It wasn't me, right? I forgot.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2013, 03:33:10 am »

It was me, the crazed pyromaniac.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2013, 03:33:16 am »

idontwannadieguyshelpmeplz!

Muster all remaining strength to crawl out! I've survived 4 rounds of stupidity! I'm not dying now!

Seriously. If I make it out alive, I'm gonna put a crackdown on the guy who started this fire. (It wasn't me, right? I forgot.)
Me no wait this isn't ER. Remuthra.
Sig! Onol

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2013, 03:37:50 am »

UUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((In hindsight, this was a little bit my fault. Kinda. Alright, it's all my fault))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2013, 03:40:03 am »

UUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((In hindsight, this was a little bit my fault. Kinda. Alright, it's all my fault))

No, this was what I wanted to do when I made the character. This is crazy Bridger, who sets things on fire for superficial reasons.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2013, 03:40:16 am »

By that logic, am I not out of the fire?
Hm. Perhaps I didn't explain it clearly enough in the write up. The pyro decided that there wasn't enough flames, and liberally doused the surface of the river with gasoline (that is also on fire). It doesn't have any fuel to burn but itself, but for a few turns the section of the river you guys are in will be covered in what amounts to burning death. Now, you technically are out of the fire. And you could indeed try to hold your breath this turn instead of escaping the area the fire is in. But unless you *do* take a special action to avoid the fire, at the end of the turn you will take a check vs the fire when you come up to breath.

Rereading the turn, I do think I should have dedicated a fair bit more mention to that actually.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 04:55:22 am by lemon10 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2013, 03:41:39 am »

Edited to reflect it.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21