Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 20: Fin  (Read 32897 times)

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 13: Death of a Thousand Cuts
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2013, 12:12:20 am »

((I didn't know those tags were supposed to be underlined.  I found them on my own.  Also, I'll post turn later when it isn't 12 A.M.
EDIT: I use Chrome))

Scathing sheets of rain sting Annie's face as she clutches to a nearby tree branch for safety.  Although she expected rain, this was ridiculous.  The heavens were pouring out their entire supply of blood, the life-giving rain now drowning the entire jungle.

Wiping the wet hair from her face, Annie tries to find someone, anyone.  Safety was her main concern- she remembers clearly the tiger she saw and realizes it could be anywhere.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:28:32 am by Lalasa »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2013, 01:15:10 am »

DROP FISH
PULL OUT BOWIE KNIFE
STAB KEVIN MULTIPLE TIMES IN THE EYES UNTIL HE LETS GO
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2013, 08:56:45 pm »

I think I've found the problem: I was rolling over the ones in the character sheets, not the turns.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2013, 10:02:02 pm »

What about the fire?
The fire got washed away, which almost certainly means that it went out.
I think I've found the problem: I was rolling over the ones in the character sheets, not the turns.
The ones in the char sheets have abbr tags.
Every status effect (with the exception of the hunger ones which I included in the rules, salamander because there is too much info for a tag, and writing for some bizzare reason) or item with any effect has a tag.
Items with no effect do not.
This means that you only have two things with descriptions (your suit because it does, and you pen because it doubles as a weapon), so I see how you could miss the tags.

EDIT: There are some shenanigans on my end right now, so the next turn might take up until next monday.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2013, 10:06:17 pm »

Dust myself off, look for a nice sheltered spot down here.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2013, 03:16:31 am »

Turn 14: GWG Was Right All Along

[4] Blake wanders around looking for somewhere to sleep or someone to eat and ends up right where he started the day at, the base of the standing stone. Not the best place in the world to sleep given how dangerous it is to get up and down, but he thinks that he learnt a bit from his time climbing it.
[Stone Expert]

[1] Annie figures that she needs to find a safe place to stay, because after all, the jungle is a dangerous place and anything could find her. She figures that the other side of the ravine would be safer from those maniacs that came with her, and within a few minutes she finds it (and the tree spanning it again). Walking across the tree proves easy, until the last few steps when some large glowing eyes peer at her out of the gloom. She recoils and slips, her hand grabs for a branch but misses by a mile instead cutting itself open on something sharp on the tree. She falls for endless seconds, thinking that this will be the end of her. When she lands she encounters water, and after swimming upwards, finds herself in the middle of a large lake. It appears to be draining out in a direction she arbitrarily declares as the south. East and west are the walls of the ravine (although she is unable to tell which one is the direction she just came from). To the north there is more water as far as she can see.
[-5 HP]
[Heavy Bleeding]

[3-2]v[4+2-2] In a single swift motion Tony draws his knife out of its sheath. But try as he might, all of his attempts at repetitive stabbing come to naught, for he is fighting a crocodile in the water, and the river is swollen with anger. [5+2-2]v[1-2] Although the crocodile is similarly impeded, he is a far superior creature in the water. With a single bite Tony’s arm is separated at the elbow, and blood pours out of the area where an arm once was.
[-40 HP]
[Missing Right Arm]
[Light bleeding-> Heavy Bleeding]
[5+2-2]v[4-2] Although Kevin would be free to escape at this point, to leave behind the human that caused it so much humiliation, he opts for revenge. This time he goes for the right arm, but with some waving around of his dangerous knife Tony manages to ward him off without letting him take his other arm. But in the dark and turbulent waters of the river, Tony is barely able to keep track of Kevin at all, and when Tony loses sight of him for a moment, he strikes Tony’s chest with his tail as hard as he possibly can, and the pain from the impact almost knocks him out.
[-20 HP]

[6-1] Joe wanders around, and after about an hour finds a small cave, luckily the entrance to it angles upwards, so it was able to avoid the rain and flooding that plagued the rest of the jungle.. Joe explores it for a few minutes, and instead of immediately finding the end, he finds that it extends and grows larger instead into the distance. At least the cave is safe from the rain and the damp.
((Gullies are pretty small, you are (and were) still in the jungle proper))
[-5 HP from bleeding]
[content 1->Hungry]

[4+1] Seeing that the human is finally dead, The Tiger begins to eat.

-----
[5]v[2-2-1] Tony writhes against the currents of the river, trying to swim upwards towards the light, towards the last fading rays of sun. But he can’t escape the pull of the river, the turns and twists that tear the air from his lungs. And he slowly sinks deeper down into the murk and muck of the river as the last air leaves his body.
[-22 HP]
[Tony the Tiger is dead]
-----
[4] The rain is seemingly content with the changes wrought in the past few hours, because it keeps steady once again, neither increasing nor decreasing. It seems that even unto the end of the world the rain will continue to fall.
Day passes into night, and once again there is true darkness in the forest.
[Turbulent River changes]

-----
Time of day: Night, 9 PM (Day in 3 turns)
Weather: Downpour, Turbulent River
-----
Spoiler: Blake; GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Joe Bridger; Remuthra (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Annie Marie; Lalasa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Tiger (click to show/hide)

And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 14: GWG Was Right All Along
« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2013, 03:20:49 am »

That was amazing. Though really, I'd rather have done this than do sensible boring stuff and live. DIE A MACHO RATHER THAN LIVE A PANSY

Next round I'm thinking of using the bee from Honey Nut Cherrios.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2013, 06:21:22 am »

I was right!
*reads turn*
This is about Kevin, right?

"Okay, I haven't eaten anything since those mushrooms. I really need to get some food."

Look. For. Food.
If I come across survivors, great, but don't eat them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2013, 11:44:17 am »

Start a fire in the sheltered cavern. Get some firewood if I see any.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2013, 12:04:12 pm »

...Don't you still need oxygen?
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2013, 12:05:58 pm »

That's what the cave mouth is for.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2013, 12:10:54 pm »

Kinda small, isn't it?
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2013, 12:11:38 pm »

I don't need much air, because fire powers.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 15, 2013, 12:20:43 pm »

You still need air, and those "fire powers" should mean you need more air, because fire takes a lot of oxgyen.
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 15, 2013, 01:16:01 pm »

The use of the fire powers allow me to consume the fire if it begins to deplete the oxygen in the cave, let it replenish, then start another fire.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21