Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 20: Fin  (Read 32906 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 10: Actually Famished
« Reply #195 on: August 06, 2013, 12:06:48 am »

I hope that Tony doesn't die of choking. Then he could say that "taming" a crocodile wasn't moronic because it didn't kill him.

Look for non-poisonous food, people, and/or caves (like the one Annie fell into).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 06, 2013, 12:08:49 am »

Grab the fish by the tail and pull it out. Proceed to beat Kevin about the head with it while yelling at him until he sits the f¥€§ down and shuts the feck up.
Then chop the fish into little pieces with one of my many knives and eat the pieces.
Remove the bones first.

I hope that Tony doesn't die of choking. Then he could say that "taming" a crocodile wasn't moronic because it didn't kill him.
((Why, I'm mildly offended! I still have several large knives I could kill Kevin with.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 06, 2013, 12:10:05 am »

Wander through the forest, looking for people, shelter, or a particularly good place to set fire to. Any one is fine.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 06, 2013, 01:23:01 pm »

Feeling very alone, Annie decides waiting any longer to eat would be a poor decision, as she is already feeling close to becoming faint.  Still... eating the fish raw didn't sound terribly appetizing to a member of the royal court.  But although she is out of the rain, the wood alas cannot light itself on fire.

Annie tries her best to gut and prepare a raw fish for consumption, then tries to eat it without getting any gross parts or bones in her mouth.  Ick!

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 07, 2013, 01:27:04 pm »

Eat the Blue Mushrooms and search for more food.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 09, 2013, 04:33:35 am »

Turn 11: Don’t Ignore The Tiger

[1] Blake wanders around looking for some food, but in the drenching rain he has trouble seeing where he is going. After walking for a long time, he stumbles upon a small clearing at the top of a hill. He sits down for a breather, after all getting up there was fairly hard especially with the downpour. It takes a few minutes for him to notice that there is anything amiss [5-1]v[1], out of the corner of his eye he sees a snake directly off to the side, and from the sound of it, it isn’t alone. Luckily, they don’t seem to have noticed him quite yet, or if they have noticed him don’t care about his presence very much. The snake that he does see is quite small, but even in the drenching rain, it looks extremely vibrant, which he seems to remember means that the snake is probably poisonous. He moves to get up quietly and get far away from the snakes, but quickly sits down as his vision begins to spin from whatever was in the mushrooms earlier.
((You don’t get to see spot checks that you fail, only ones that you win, so you have no clue how many snakes there are (although I am being nice and telling you there is more then 1)))
[Poisoned changed]

[2] Tony grabs the fish stuck in his throat with his hands, and tries to yank it out. The futility of his effort is quickly apparent however, as it seems that the fish is lodged in his throat exceedingly well. He quickly realizes that it will be much more of a effort getting this fish out then he thought.
[Choking changed]
[-10 HP]

Seeing his opportunity, Kevin quickly charges at Tony while he is trying to get the fish out of his throat [3]v[6] but his wild charge is dodged without effort, and puts Kevin in a dangerous position indeed. Tony whips out his Bowie knife [1]v[3] and swings so wildly that he completely misses, [3]v[3] not one to miss another chance, Kevin attacks again, but is forced back by Tony’s darting knife.

[2] Joe wanders through the jungle for hours, finding absolutely nothing. Even worse, he has no clue where the river and all those pesky humans are now. How bothersome.

[4] After a rudimentary effort to skin and debone the fish, made much harder without a knife, Annie simply decides that she doesn’t have much choice but to eat it as it is. After much chewing she manages to get most of the disgusting thing down her throat.
[Famished->Hungry]
[Lost 1 raw fish]

[6] Jake hurriedly stuffs the blue mushrooms down his throat [3], luckily they turn out to be perfectly edible. He figures that looking for food is a more important matter than The Tiger right next to him trying to kill him, and rushes off in search of food. Within minutes (with much of the time spent dodging The Tiger’s increasingly annoyed attempts to kill him), he hears some other crashing through the underbrush, he figures that it might be some other humans. Running towards it, he is astonished to come face to face with a elephant, as is The Tiger. For a few seconds they both stop and stare at it.
[Famished->Hungry]
[Blue mushrooms lost]
[-3 HP from bleeding]
[5+1]v[2-1] The Tiger stares for far less time however, and with 3 quick swipes of his paws nine more wounds begin to slowly bleed. Jake collapses forwards, almost completely overcome with pain.
[-30 HP]
[Gain X9 light bleeding]

[4] The rain continues to steadily drizzle down on all those below it, ignorant and uncaring of their annoyance at it.

-----

Time of day: 2 PM (Night in 3 turns)
Weather: Deluge
-----

Spoiler: Blake; GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jake Blake; Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Joe Bridger; Remuthra (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Annie Marie; Lalasa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Tiger (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:41:03 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 11: Don’t Ignore The Tiger
« Reply #201 on: August 09, 2013, 04:39:03 am »

REMOVE FISH FROM THROAT AND STUFF IN KEVIN'S THROAT
Sig! Onol

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 09, 2013, 04:50:47 am »

Jesus, at this rate it looks like it will be time for the next game I am planning on running to start pretty soon. Because from the looks of it, two characters are going to die very soon indeed, and everyone else will follow after them.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions, criticisms or things I am going right?
Any would be greatly appreciated, because this *is* only my second RTD hosted (and the first one it looks like I am going to finish cause you guys are all going to die miserably at this rate).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 09, 2013, 04:52:36 am »

Awesome. In a short amount of time we burned down a large swath of jungle, I 'tamed' a crocodile ABD am likely to die fighting it by choking on a fish I attempted to swallow without chewing at all, and one guy became a fire demon.
Sig! Onol

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 09, 2013, 10:37:14 am »

((This RTD is awesome.  The only thing I could really point out is that turns and time seem to take a while, but it doesn't bother me much as turns seem to be worth any wait.))

Yuck!  At least Annie wasn't starving now, but that was disgusting!  She thinks for a moment whether she wants to go out into the dangerous jungle while it's raining and look for the others which could be a fruitless exercise or stay here in the dry cave.  Obviously the cave comes off as more appealing.

Annie looks around in her cave to see if there are any small flint stones, object of interest, or pathways.  If not, she'll sit down and rest for the turn.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 09, 2013, 10:47:58 am »

((Looks like I'm pretty much screwed. Might as well do something stupid, then.))

Feed the tiger my remaining two mushrooms, then jump on its back and ride it to my explosives.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 09, 2013, 10:48:31 am »

Start a new fire here. If they want cooked food, they will come to my flames.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 09, 2013, 04:39:31 pm »

"Why did it have to be snakes?"

Grab a stout branch to use as a snake-whacking stick. Pretend that it's Whacking Day in Springfield and smack any snakes I see. Occasionally accidentally quote Indiana Jones.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 10, 2013, 02:56:06 am »

Turn 12: Godamn Snakes

[3-1] Tony grabs the fish with both his hands, and tries to pull it out for a second time, exactly like he did the first time. Obviously it fails exactly the same way it did last time he tries it, tearing up his throat a bit in the process.
[-20 HP from choking]
[Choking to death]
[6]v[5] Kevin continues his attack, and finally manages to hurt Tony a bit. A very little bit, a dead fish is still far more of a threat then the crocodile will ever be it appears.
[-5 HP]
[Light Bleeding]

[4] Annie looks around the cave, and doesn’t manage to find anything of interest at all, besides a few bugs. Figuring that she should get some rest while she can, she takes a nap. She wakes up feeling quite rested, but figures that she might have to take a nap later to fully tackle the next night. After waking, she sits back for a few minutes until she notices something ominous; there is more rain, and the cave she is in is beginning to fill up with water.
((You will get exhausted at the start of the next night (the one in 12 turns, not the one in 2))

[4+1] Joe begins to kindle a new fire, flame shooting out of his palms, incinerating a small tree. He spreads the flame around, and soon there is quite a bit of fire indeed. It isn’t anywhere near as big as his first one, and it remains to be seen if it will survive the pouring rain, but for now it is burning quite merrily.

[1] Blake looks around, and not content using his beautiful pen as a weapon (although he is sure that it is significantly better than any rotten branch). Although his vision is swimming from the poison, he manages to find one a few feet away.. He grabs it with both hands and tries to lift it up, only to find that it is far more flexible than any branch has a right to be. A second look reveals it to be a truly giant anaconda. Twenty feet away its head turns around and looks hungrily at the poet. Whoops. Rather upset at this new development he shouts “I’VE HAD IT WITH THESE @##&%(!^@( SNAKES ON THIS #@&$)!*!@) PLAIN”. Wait, what was that about a plain? Damn, he was more messed up from this poison then he thought he was. At his shout the other snake he saw earlier wakes up, and two more that he missed began to slither towards him. Blake makes a valiant effort, and even with the foul mushrooms affecting him penplay is potent indeed. [1-1,2-1,4-1,6-1]v[6,1,4,5],[1]v[5-1],[5-1]v[2] His pen darts out once, twice, thrice and a fourth time, even being so bold as to dare a counterattack. But his counterattack turns out to be a bad move, as the snake counterattacks his counterattack, in a countercounterattack. Faced with tactics so impressive, Blake is simply unable to stop the snake’s attack from reaching through his defenses and biting him on the wrist of his left hand. He flings it off, but the flesh around it rapidly begins to feel numb. Luckily it wasn’t his writing hand, so his combat abilities are unimpeded.
((The +1 from writing and the -1 from the poison cancel out))
[-1 HP]
[Gained Poisoned from snakes]
[6][Lost Poisoned from mushrooms]

[3]v[2+1] Jake turns around, grabbing his mushrooms, and sticks them into The Tiger’s face. The Tiger simply doesn’t open his mouth. He tries again, and the same thing happens. Jake then tries to jump on its back, but The Tiger walks a few steps backwards, and Jake collapses on the ground where The Tiger was, barely able to stand up due to blood loss.
[6+1]v[3-1] The Tiger then walks up to him, scratches him again, pushes him hard with its paw, and when Jake falls all the way over, sits on his back. The Tiger licks its paws clean of the blood, and begins to wait patiently for the human to die from bloodloss.
[-5 HP]
[-11 HP from bleeding]
[+3 Light Bleeding gained]
[1 Light Bleeding Healed]
[Restrained]

[6] The rain pours down, and in a break from the dreary monotony of the past few hours, quickly grows more violent. It seems that the heavens themselves have opened up, and god has once again unleashed his fury on the earth, drowning all that live on the surface. Winds begin to pick up, and even within the protection of the forest everyone can easily feel the fury of the storm. Flash flood break out, and it is all the creatures of the forest can do to not get swept away.
-----
Time of day: 4 PM (Night in 2 turns)
Weather: Monsoon
-----
Spoiler: Blake; GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jake Blake; Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Joe Bridger; Remuthra (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Annie Marie; Lalasa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Tiger (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 12: Godamn Snakes
« Reply #209 on: August 10, 2013, 02:58:50 am »

AAAAAGGAGAGGAGAGAGAGGAGAGGGGGGHHHH

PULL FISH OUT. FISHSLAP KEVIN INTO SUBMISSION.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21