Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 20: Fin  (Read 32904 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 6: One down, Six to go
« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2013, 03:42:12 pm »

Dammit!
Yeah, sorry about that. If you had actually opted to stay in the fire (instead of going into the water), you would still be alive.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2013, 04:44:45 pm »

Dammit!
Yeah, sorry about that. If you had actually opted to stay in the fire (instead of going into the water), you would still be alive.
I find that hypocritical and unfair. This has lived up to the Bay 12 name.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2013, 04:54:24 pm »

Yeah, it was kind of amusing. At first I was like "Woo he survived, the river *might* kill him, but the fire certainly would have killed him". But then the fire ended up going out that very turn, so yeah, that was some pretty nasty luck there. It certainly looks like scapheap will follow you if his luck doesn't improve.
EDIT: I am also glad that you had fun over your short (but eventful) run. Kind of a pity that you didn't get more use out of your suicidal abilit though.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:56:12 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2013, 05:43:01 pm »

Turn 7: Damn Damn Monkeys

[1] John tries as hard as he can to think of a way to stop the bleeding. It would be much easier if he could just cover or bind the wound somehow. But with a pole stuck in the middle of his chest he can’t quite figure out quite how to bind it. In the end he figures that cleaning the wound out with water from the river might be a good idea. He manages to shamble over to it without much trouble, but he is quickly disabused of the notion when his legs buckle and he falls straight into the river.
[-5 HP from bleeding]

[2+1] Meanwhile on the other side of the river, Joe attempts to start another fire, but try as he might, the damp defeats him. He grumbles angrily at the failure of his attempts.

[3]v[5] Blake grabs his stick and swings it at the snake again, missing it by a mile. Seeing his opportunity [3]v[5] the snake slithers forward, and attacks in the brief opening that Blake left. Blake sees this coming however, and blocks the snake’s attack with one of his books. [6]v[3] This time the snake is vulnerable with its fangs stuck in the book, and Blake takes his time winding up, and hits the snake as hard as he can. It flies out into the rain and the darkness. Blake isn’t quite sure where it is now, but it’s surely off of the stone.
[6] Blake lies down, and sleeps deeply without dreams, waking well rested and safe. He isn’t quite sure how he will get down off this rock though.
[well rested]

[2] Jake sets about to try to bandage his wound closed, but finds that he has absolutely no clue how to do so. In the end all he succeeds in doing is infecting his wound with his rumblings about. Dismayed with his lack of success, he lays where he is and tries to get some sleep before the next day.
Infected Wound
Spot Check:[3-2-1]v[6], [6+1]v[1-1] Seeing that the strange creature fell asleep, a monkey climbs down from one of the nearby trees, and stealthily walks over to Jake. The monkey fishes in Jake’s pockets, and finds all three sticks of dynamite, the detonator, and the cable. It grabs all of it (rather awkwardly), and climbs up the nearest tree, disappearing into the gloom of the night and the rain within moments. A few hours later, Jake wakes up from a deep sleep feeling rather distressed, although it takes him a few minutes to realize why; all his explosives and explosives equipment is gone.
[-5 HP from bleeding]
[Lost 3 dynamite, detonator, cable]
((Just so you know, the monkey finding you in particular was independent of your 2 and was the result of me rolling a 3 to see who it would bother))

[6] Far away, Annie settles down to sleep, and has a disturbing dream where she is being chased by fire. No matter how or where she runs, it’s always just behind her, waiting to consume her if she ships up for even a moment. Despite this, she awakens feeling well rested and full of energy, the dreams already fading to nothingness.
[well rested]

[6+1]v[5-3] The crocodile once again tries to break free of the mental control that is imposed upon it, but once again fails to make any headway against the forces arrayed against it.
[1+1] Tony urges the crocodile forward to catch some fish, but only a single fish is found, one that is quickly eaten up by the crocodile. Tony hits it on the head to punish it. Another fish is not found. After that the quickly go over to the bank of the river to find a place to sleep, and find a place that looks fairly safe, although his hunting took up so much time that he wasn’t able to rest.
[The crocodile gains well fed]

[4+1] The Tiger continues to eat Plate, only pausing to rip the bad tasting clothes off his body. Luckily for it, its action also rips the vials containing the mating hormones off Plate’s body as well. If it had eaten them, things could have went very bad indeed.

As it continues to gnaw on the body, light slowly begins to filder through the canopy of the jungle. The rain continues on steadily and drearily however.
-----
Time of day: 6 AM (Night in 7 turns)
Weather: Downpour
-----
Spoiler: Blake; GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jake Blake; Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Annie Marie; Lalasa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  John Lord; scapheap (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Tiger (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 05:48:59 pm by lemon10 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 7: Damn Monkey
« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2013, 05:46:42 pm »

Go to shore and snooze for a turn to get rid of exhaustion.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 7: Damn Monkeys
« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2013, 05:52:57 pm »

"Great."

Patch myself up, and chase after the monkey for my BOOM-BOOMS.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2013, 05:53:46 pm »

I win!

Look around. Survey the situation.
See if I can find a way down. If not, relax for a while and read a book.

I'd like to note that I'm probably the best-off at the moment, except possibly for Annie.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 06:54:53 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2013, 11:46:17 pm »

Yeah, I'd say annie is best off at the moment, followed by the pyro then tony/xantlos, then followed by you.

When the rain gets lighter (which could take a very long time, or it could happen as soon as next turn), the pyro will be in a super strong situation. With it as it is, he isn't very powerful since all fire has to have a check at the end of every single turn with this level of rain or else go out. But having a +2 on his actions will be lethal to everyone else(especially since his goal is burning down the entire jungle).

You are in the second safest situation, things could turn around for everyone but annie very fast.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2013, 11:48:53 pm »

((Annie's the best off.  I have the same stats as Blake only with food to boot.  I just need to find a way to cook it.))

What a perfectly frightening dream that was!  Annie begins to regret running away.  None of the stuntmen were around and the jungle was very forbidding.  Still, she needed to do something, but it was too wet to try fish cooking.

Instead she heads back to the edge of the ravine, being very careful not to fall off or get too close, and looks through her binoculars at that area that had the light last night while she was clinging for dear life to the vine.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2013, 12:18:24 am »

You are in the second safest situation, things could turn around for everyone but annie very fast.
This is really why the two of us are in the best situations. Both Tony and that Salamander are as likely to be killed by their "gifts" as to profit by them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2013, 04:38:51 am »

Pull myself out of the river

"Can someone bind my wounds while I sleep?"

Slip into lala land(Sleep)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 28, 2013, 03:36:38 pm »

Try again.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 28, 2013, 08:03:53 pm »

This is really why the two of us are in the best situations. Both Tony and that Salamander are as likely to be killed by their "gifts" as to profit by them.
((I intend to fuse with Kevin sometime in the next few turns, so they should fix that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 29, 2013, 06:52:51 pm »

Turn 8: Another One Bites The Dust

[5+1-1] Joe continues in his efforts to burn down the forest, this time however his persistence is rewarded as the bark of a tree begins to smolder. With a bit more effort the tree catches on fire. Soon a small patch of the forest is on fire. It doesn’t appear to be spreading very much with the rain beating down on it though.

[5] Tony finds a spot to rest on the banks of the river and lays down for some sleep. No sooner does he lay his head then the crocodile begins another of his attempts to free itself [6+1-1-1]v[2-3+1]. Luckily for Tony, once again the crocodile makes no headway and simply pummels without any effect at the mental bonds holding him. Tony wakes up feeling refreshed at the end of his turn, and stretching his muscles gets back on Kevin.

[6] Jake figures that he best fix his bleeding before he goes off on a wild goose chase to get his explosives back from whatever stole them. He rips part of his shirt off, and uses that part to first get the gunk out of his wound, then bind it. Its still bleeding, but he thinks that what he did will hasten the healing process dramatically. He would go chase after the monkey now, but he finds that fixing his wounds took more time then he thought.
[Infection cured]
[Heavy bleeding healed by 15 points, as well as beginning to heal naturally (+3)]
[-5 HP from bleeding]
((You wound should be able to heal completely by next turn, assuming you roll a 4+ on your natural healing roll that is. I also healed it a bit last turn by mistake, which should not have happened, so instead of being at 22 right now (which it would have been if the 4 it already healed stayed in place), its at 18))

[5+1] Blake stretches as he gets up, and reflects that he amusingly feels quite good for a night sleeping on a stone in the middle of the jungle. He looks around, and besides the dreary rain and the low light, sees nothing of particular interest. He can still smell the smoke from the burning the previous night, but it doesn’t smell like the fire is still burning. He looks down, and sees no real way to get down besides simply trying to lower his body down the side slowly, using foot and handholds. He thinks about it for a moment, and decides that the risk of getting down dangerously is less than the risk of staying up there forever and dying of starvation. Blake manages to clamor down the side of the stone without much difficulty, but when he gets to the bottom, he finds that he forgot his branch at the top. What a bother.
[Lost branch]

[4+1+1] Taking care not to fall over the edge of the ravine again, Annie walks closer and lowers her binoculars to try to find the cave where the light was. She succeeds (although she can’t see very far into it at all), but sees no easy way to get in. Without finding another entrance the only thing she could do would be to climb down the edge of the cliff, something that would be risky in the best of times, made all the more perilous by the drenching rain. Looking around some more, she sees a tree fallen across the ravine, and although it looks rather sturdy, it doesn’t seem that safe to cross either.

[1-1-1-1] John tries to swim up to the surface, but the powerful currents in the river defeat him. After a agonizing minute, he takes a breath, and water flows into his lungs. He begins to try to cough the water out, and finds that he cannot. A mere fifteen seconds later his struggles cease, and his body bobs to the surface to float peacefully down the river.
[-29 HP]

[2+1] The Tiger almost finishes up eating Plate, but instead of eating the heart whole, it accidently bites into it. It roars in rage, because it knows that it now has no chance of absorbing Plate’s essence without the heart intact, and now that it started to feast on human flesh again, the essence of the last human it ate begins to fade.
[Lost 1st Dan in Fu Jow Pai]
-----
[6]The rain thickens, and soon its difficult to see even a few meters in front of your own face. The swelling of the river increases dramatically, and soon and attempt to swim in it (even while riding a crocodile as a mount) will be a difficult task indeed.
-----
Time of day: 8 AM (Night in 6 turns)
Weather: Deluge
-----

Spoiler: Blake; GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jake Blake; Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Annie Marie; Lalasa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Tiger (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 06:56:53 pm by lemon10 »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 8: Another One Bites The Dust
« Reply #179 on: July 29, 2013, 06:57:04 pm »

Joe crawls into the heart of the fire and rests.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21