Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Lords of Nightmare: Chapter Ace  (Read 4728 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Nightmare
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2013, 01:52:41 pm »

Is there a reason to wait?

MAGNUM BANG DEMANDS DECISIVE ACTION.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2013, 01:55:38 pm »

Clockwise from upper left:
Jon Little, a strongman-turned-wrestler-turned-wrestling-adventurer. He adventures for glory, gold, and girls. The only male in the group, and most foolish of the four.
Alex "Deadeye" Red, a hunter from a small village. She joined the same circus as Jon when it passed through her town and helped pester Jon to leave it when better times arose. Alex is mostly keeping an eye on Jon, who she treats almost as a little brother.
8, a semigolem with little memory. Alex picked her up when organizing Jon's adventuring party. 8 vaguely remembers being called such, and chose that for her name. She considers Alex her only friend.
Ophelia the Violet, a young mage who was recently kicked out of a prestigious wizarding school due to losing her scholarship. She joined this group in hopes of earning enough gold to pay her tuition, but doesn't like that this is her only option that might get her rich enough to pay fast enough.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2013, 02:12:11 pm »

Is there a reason to wait?

MAGNUM BANG DEMANDS DECISIVE ACTION.

More insanity, basically. Also, I'm saving the best for last in this case...
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2013, 02:32:15 pm »

Jon will always be surrounded by females, and yet will never get laid. The 'Johnny Bravo' effect.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2013, 06:46:53 pm »

...apparently, there's no point in waiting.

"...Wow. What the hell happened in here last night. Now it'd be nice if I remembered anything.
Ow, hangover. Well, that's one thing,
Where's the others, though? Where am I even? I don't recall paying for this room..."

> Ace:

---

Examples of valid commands: > Ace: Character Sheet. > Ace: Put on shirt. > Ace: Get drunk.
Examples of invalid commands: > Ace: Run into the street only wearing underoos. > Ace: Make love to the picture on the wall. > Ace: Kill something for no reason. This is not a pants-on-head minimalist RtD.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Nightmare: Chapter Ace
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2013, 06:48:21 pm »

Ace: > Get Dressed
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2013, 06:49:01 pm »

>Ace: Attenpt to remember what happen.
Look at surroundings. Examine closely.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2013, 06:54:13 pm »

>Ace: Character Sheet.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2013, 06:55:26 pm »

>Ace: Recall previous night

And this.

((Also is it just me, or was this party nearly entirely female before you realized you should add a guy and so put in that musclebound dude? :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2013, 07:24:20 pm »

Code: [Select]
Name: Ace Venture
Race: Human
State: Hungover
Class: Sorceress
Strengthes: Affinity, Dexterity
Weaknesses: Wisdom
Equipment: Underwear
Inventory: Nothing

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

((Also is it just me, or was this party nearly entirely female before you realized you should add a guy and so put in that musclebound dude? :P))

((Makes for a nice inversion of the usual quota, right?))
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 07:25:57 pm by Errol »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2013, 07:33:49 pm »

Wait, we're a bow sorc?  Interesting...

>Ace: Reacquire proper equipment.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2013, 07:37:36 pm »

Arcane archer. Perhaps elven?
Sig

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2013, 08:05:34 pm »

Ace>:(Get bacon to deal with hangover.)

Spectr

• Bay Watcher
  • Watching Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2013, 03:08:16 am »

>Ace: Get dressed and look out the window. Also recall recent events
Word

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2013, 01:28:37 pm »

> Examine surroundings (3)

Well, it looks pretty wild in here. Stuff all over the place and that. Residues of powerful magic, too. What's worrying me more than the stuff that's here is the stuff that isn't, though. My bow and quiver are nowhere to be found, but weirdly enough, a short sword. Did I use a short sword?

> Remember last night (1-1)

I have no idea what the fuck happened, how the fuck I got here and where the fuck my teammates or half of my stuff are. Hell, I don't even know the name of this city. Should I be in a city.

> Open window, procure bacon, get dressed, gather equipment (4)

All in a morning's work. Summoning fresh bacon is the cantrip of the gods. Socks and boots remain unlocatable - Bag of Holding's on the dresser, at least, and I'd rather not leave the room without some sort of boots on, though - and until I leave the room, the shortsword can stay where it is.

> Look out of window (5)

Hey, looks like I'm in an inn. Pretty cheap-looking - and that charred roof worries me a little -  but the room's nice. Looks like just after noon.
The roads are oddly empty, though, and there's no horses in the stable either. Is everyone holding a siesta? Did I catch an odd moment? I sure hope so...
... and is that my coat in the inner court?

> Ace:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4