Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Traders make counteroffers!  (Read 3624 times)

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Traders make counteroffers!
« on: October 29, 2007, 11:06:00 pm »

I used to just select what I wanted... then go over to the stuff I'm offering and add one item at a time until they agreed. This time, after I tried that 3 times, they counteroffered and asked for EVERY item in the depot.

gloogorshkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vine-gar.tk
Re: Traders make counteroffers!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 11:23:00 pm »

And eventually they call you childish and just leave  :(  I go nothing from the first dwarven caravan, and I was offering them things that would give them profit!

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 09:19:28 am »

These counteroffers will get them killed soon! >:(
I would strongly suggest a 'abort' function so I don't have to disselect all the items about 3 times untill they are willing to accept my offer >:(

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 09:30:27 am »

Usually if they bitch and moan too much about a 6,500 dollar profit of gem-decorated clear glass crafts I just sieze everything they have as a sign of "don't be a greedy prick."
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 09:33:07 am »

usually my merchants don't make it to the depot, but misteriously dissapear......
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 01:05:49 pm »

Yeah, I hate counteroffers because I can never be sure I found EVERYthing that I didn't intend to give them...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Mount

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 01:07:19 pm »

When they start counteroffering me, I cancel the trade, go steal all their guards' armor, and sell it back to them.  :)

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 04:45:33 pm »

Yeah, I hate counteroffers because I can never be sure I found EVERYthing that I didn't intend to give them...

Wait, why are you even bringing things to the depot that you don't want to trade?  Now that I know how to select nothing but Narrow Giant Cave Spider Silk stuff, I will never trade anything else.  Bwahahahahahah!
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 05:35:28 pm »

Wait, why are you even bringing things to the depot that you don't want to trade?  Now that I know how to select nothing but Narrow Giant Cave Spider Silk stuff, I will never trade anything else.  Bwahahahahahah!

There might be a dragon skull totem that you intended to keep in your Generic Hallway of Awesomeness that accidentally got put in a finished goods bin for some reason or other, and you trade entire bins because you don't like clicking on every item.

Damn near happened to me. Except I haven't built my Generic Hallway of Awesomeness yet. So it's lying in a small abandoned cavern underneath my fort. Now that I mention it, I forgot to disallow bins from it's mini-stockpile. I'll have to fix that next time I start up DF.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 05:40:15 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 06:15:59 pm »

This is why I keep my Trade Depots underneath unsteady pillars.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 06:22:42 pm »

This is why I make tons and tons of rock crafts, aka tourist crap.

I figure if the stockpile nearest the depot is set to accept only rock as the material, it'll all work just fine.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Shad0wyone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 10:47:50 pm »

I almost always give my traders as close to 0 profit as possible, strangely they never complain. :D

Liwjatan

• Bay Watcher
  • I swallow your soul!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 09:38:13 am »

Damn those merchants and their insidious deeds of making profit!

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 07:18:54 pm »

I almost always give my traders as close to 0 profit as possible, strangely they never complain. :D

You do realise the more profit you give your traders, the more caravans/stuff they will come with next time?  :)

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 09:31:32 pm »

I give the caravans healthy profits. Not only do they bring more stuff next time, but I get rid of a bunch of useless items. It avoids the dreaded counteroffer too!
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday
Pages: [1] 2 3