Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Author Topic: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Dead, but Sequel Starting...  (Read 32279 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Duct tape, you fool! Duct tape!

Unless you ever wanted to use those scissors and/or sticks again, I suppose.

More ideas I won't be able to implement forming. Duct tape golem, yesssss...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't have any duct tape :( At least not right at the moment. We're out.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Do drawings work? If so, someone draw a Portable Photoporter in case the GM chooses to disable this one in some quirky and meta way.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: CRITICAL HITS FTW!
« Reply #393 on: July 19, 2013, 12:11:58 pm »

Prelude: Storming the Castle

Turn 19

Gladys, Quigleyurk, Albus: Charge the northernmost cutebold. Attack.
Kenji: Throw a potion at a cutebold.
Rave: Use a Dark Missile on the middle cutebold.

Kenji should conserve his potions and move with the group.

Right then. The Photoporter seems  to be powering-up, but while we wait on that, lets run a round of combat!

Gladys makes the first move, because she has a chance of stealing stuff if she hits a living target. Sadly, her weapon seems to hate her and she yields another natural 1 critical failure! The blade zaps her with more chaotic energy, and she takes 2 damage and is stunned again!

*Kazzzzzzapt!* "Gack! Erk"

X and Albus move in next! Albus attacks first with a bite. His attack roll is 6, which after his attack bonus of 3 is enough to tie his foe's AC of 9. Since I am still giving ties away to the party, that hits. His attack deals his maximum of 10 damage so...

Albus rip's the Cutebold's heart out with a well placed bite!

"Arooooooooooooo!"

"That was... bloody. Ah well. My turn then! *ahem* By the power of the dark element... I HAAAAAAVEEEE THE POOOOOOOOWERR!!!!!"

Rave fails to transform into He-Elf, but he does step foward a bit and launch a nasty missile of dark energy at the middle cutebold, which connect for 5 damage.

Kenji also moves a bit to remain close to the rest of the group.

The Cutebolds take their turn. The southern most blighter moves north to approach Rave and Kenji, but can't quite reach them.

The middle cutebold, which has been promoted to northernmost cutebold since Albus killed it's predecessor for the title, decides to approach and attack you! The cutebold rolls a 14 to attack, but even with an attack bonus of 2 on top of that it can still on tie with your massive AC. Since you win ties, your armor prevents the creature's knife from doing any real damage.

Meanwhile the photoporter finally starts to spit stuff out! First a large staff with strange and sharp looking metal objects is expelled. You will collect that with the loot. The next thing to leave the portal however is a massive tank!

The tank regards the party with unseen eyes before speaking in a sharp metallic voice.

"Thank you for freeing me. Scans indicate that you are too close to your foes for me to assist in your current fight without turning you into collateral damage. I will chart a course for the hidden city of the Mechlings and reward you properly at that location should you choose to come visit me."

And with that the tank rockets off to the east at Hypersonic Speeds. You soon hear explosions and screams from the next room, and the crunching sound of a tank crashing through the wall!

A secret exit has been revealed!

The Photoporter will power down after the room is cleared, which could likely be next round. Hurry up and submit those last minute photos!

The party will have to eat after this battle. It might be a good time to decide who eats what!

---

Party Stats:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Bad Luck Gladys and OMFG Tank!
« Reply #394 on: July 19, 2013, 01:34:05 pm »

wait, the model worked?
excuse me for a moment, I know a few 40K players, anyone want an army or five?
Lenglon's potential for DM to be evil sense starts tingling
waaaaaiiit, is there any kind of guarantee that what we send, if free-willed, won't be hostile to the PCs?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 19, 2013, 01:45:16 pm »

wait, the model worked?
Yes.

waaaaaiiit, is there any kind of guarantee that what we send, if free-willed, won't be hostile to the PCs?
No.
Although I imagine I could...influence that.

Albus, Quigleyurk: Melee attack!
Kenji: Katanate the Kobold. Assuming katanate is a word.
Rave: Stab the same.
Gladys: Wonder if the GM's dice are a valid target for attacks.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 19, 2013, 04:15:44 pm »

wait, the model worked?
Lenglon's potential for DM to be evil sense starts tingling
Well, look on the bright side- if it's not, more loot and longer to send things through the photoporter!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 19, 2013, 06:05:31 pm »

And I'm working on a contribution that might tip things our way...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: CRITICAL HITS FTW!
« Reply #398 on: July 19, 2013, 06:42:30 pm »

Prelude: Storming the Castle

Turn 20

Albus, Quigleyurk: Melee attack!
Kenji: Katanate the Kobold. Assuming katanate is a word.
Rave: Stab the same.
Gladys: Wonder if the GM's dice are a valid target for attacks.

"C-can... I?"

Nope. I roll with random.org, and hurting that would have far reaching consequences outside of this game. No attacking my dice.

But speaking of attacking... You take a swing at the Kobold who attacked you, and hit the bastard with a roll of 11. Your minimum damage is twice what he has left in hit points, so the Cutebold's head is sent flying into the portal, perhaps to pop out of a camera somewhere in the real world.

"Hehehehe... slaying my innate racial enemy is fun, and totally sanctioned by Chindook and every other god in the Halfling Pantheon!"

"Meanwhile a few tiles to the Southwest, the party mage and alchemist prepare for an adventure in the wonderful world of melee combat.

Kenji marches up first, and makes an awkward untrained Katana swing at the little beast! His roll is a natural 4, and as Kenji doesn't have an attack bonus, the swing finds only air.

Rave Omega charges into the fray and draws Cutebold blood with an attack roll of 15! Sadly his measly ritual knife only hits the bastard for 2 damage.

The Cutebold responds in kind, bring his own more fearsome combat knife around for a slash, but with an attack roll of 4, not even the creature's attack bonus is enough to prevent the elf from evading the attack.

"Huh. I never stabbed anything before. That felt quite exhilarating."

Lucky you; the battle, and the photoporter, remains active for another turn. For now Gladys has recovered from her stun, and all 5 allies are in range to get a piece of the Kobold pie next round. Finish him?!?!? Y/N
---

Party Stats:

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Last Call for the Photoporter!
« Reply #399 on: July 19, 2013, 06:52:03 pm »

FINISH HIM
Please do a Mortal Kombat thing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 19, 2013, 07:08:27 pm »

Party: Practice cool finishing moves.

Lenglon: Post the WH40k photos.
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 19, 2013, 07:37:53 pm »

Lenglon: Post the WH40k photos.
ok
Spoiler: have some orcs (click to show/hide)
maybe you shouldn't rush me so much, working on getting a marine army now.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 19, 2013, 07:41:58 pm »

Hm. The orks seem more likely to be hostile. Hence, I'm saving my small guns for the marines.

Spoiler: Fanart! (click to show/hide)

The backstory of the tank. Previously, he was chained as shown (two heavy chains and two ropes, held in place by iron pegs) and he had other bindings in his treads to stop him from moving. After being used as a meeting-area by kobolds for a while, most of them moved out, letting the cutebolds reclaim the damaged and defaced hulk. Then, he teleported here, bindings, paint, and surprised cutebold sentry toppling to the ground.

In exchange for this contribution, I'd like those orks to be nonhostile.
Sig

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 19, 2013, 08:13:14 pm »

FINISH HIM!

Quick! Someone send a photo of Scorpion or something to finish him off!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 19, 2013, 08:51:22 pm »

still working on the marines, i have the pic, but am having to download and update 50 different things to get it on to the computer. I'll edit it in as soon as I can.

I hate phones that require proprietary software to get stuff on or off them ever so much, if only the pic was on my phone instead of theirs...
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32