Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32

Author Topic: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Dead, but Sequel Starting...  (Read 32329 times)

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Up Close and Personal
« Reply #315 on: July 16, 2013, 08:41:50 pm »

X:Taunt the monster and attack it!
Kenji: Attack it upfront with X!
Albus: Bite!
Everyone else:Run behind it and attack!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 16, 2013, 08:57:50 pm »

GWG, we aren't going to retreat faster than it can pursue.
...Really? Its movement speed never got listed.
Carp.

+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 16, 2013, 09:08:20 pm »

GWG, we aren't going to retreat faster than it can pursue.
...Really? Its movement speed never got listed.
Carp.
look at the arena GWG. remember that if Kenji or the undead leave the arena before one of them dies, they both do. there is nowhere to run, and it was able to cross pretty much the entire thing in a single turn. in a larger arena kiteing could work, assuming our slowest party member is faster than our opponant, but not in something like this. this is like trying to outrun someone without leaving your kitchen. no manuvering room, and they can catch you when you try to pass them.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Schrödinger's Gun is Best Trope
« Reply #318 on: July 17, 2013, 02:03:45 pm »

Prelude: Storming the Castle

Turn 15

"Right... Three on one. This should be survivable. I hope."

"A taunt eh? How about this? YOU ARE NOTHING! NEITHER A HALFLING NOR A PALADIN EVER GIVES UP, EXPECIALY WHEN FIGHTING STUPID, UGLY, SUB-SENTIENT KOBOLDS AND THEIR WICKED DESPICABLE UNDEAD CREATIONS! NOW DIIIIIIIEEEEEE!"

X Confuses the terms 'Taunt' and 'Racist Tirade', but she dosn't mix up the bit about her attacking; In fact she gets the attacking bit as right as one can possibly get it with a natural roll of 20. She rolls a 16, which is more than enough to confirm a mighty CRITICAL HIT! The damage roll is 5, but after her damage bonus and critical damage multiplier are taken into account, Quigleyurk inflicts a whopping 16 damage. If Chauncey was a regular foe who wasn't wearing a muder-collar, he would surrender here with 2 HP!

*Shiiiiink!* "Ohh... I hope you weren't using that nose, because I don't think you'll be getting it back anytime soon!"

"Now then, allow me to end this! DIE YOU UNDEAD PEASANT!"

Kenji awkwardly swings with his Katana, but with an attack roll of 3 and no bonus to speak of he cuts only air.

Albus moves next, and goes in for a fearsome bite attack! The Wolfmutt also lucks out and rolls a natural 20... but his confirmation roll is a natural 1, so the dog fails to score a critical hit. Luckily Albus' minimum damage is more than the monster has left in HP so...

Albus leaps into the air and rips the monster's throat out! It falls to the ground and quickly bleeds out!

"All part of my brilliant plan! Now gimmee potion reagents!"

Kenji fails to find any reagents as the monster dies. Also the slow moving Nuclear-Cutebolds decide to make their move and begin to trod towards the party. Luckily Nukebolds move very slow and lack any sort of ranged attack. Escaping them and moving on should be easy.

Would you Like to?
A: Fight the Nukebolds
B: Flee to another room in the dungeon
C: Escape the dungeon and end the prelude now

Once the encounter ends Kenji will find a potion reagent or two as loot, the elf will regain his form to properly join the party, and both the cutebold partymembers will level up.

---

Party Stats:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:12:30 pm by Weirdsound »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: CRITICAL HITS FTW!
« Reply #319 on: July 17, 2013, 02:10:12 pm »

Gladys: Look for rocks, please.
Quigleyurk: Load or fire a crossbow bolt, if the latter aim at enemies.
Kenji: Double-check the abomination.
Cutebolds: Taunt or play Rock-Paper-Scissors with each other or something.
You're not charging nuclear cutebolds alone.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 17, 2013, 02:14:19 pm »

Let's leave now. No need to risk poor rolls on loyalty, and I don't want to kill more kobolds.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 17, 2013, 02:29:57 pm »

No need to risk casualties and perma-debuffs. just leave.

now then, who deserves...
wait, no, better idea.
Gladys: decide who should help carry the mage so he doesn't fall behind. and will probably still be holding the naked elf when he changes back.
Whoever Gladys picks: do it.
X: grab the elf's stuff on the way out the door.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 17, 2013, 02:37:45 pm »

...To avoid that line of thought for as long as I can, lets just rule that inventories  work in a super abstract and nonsensical fashion, and that allthough he slipped out of his collar the elf has managed to hold onto the rest of his clothes.

"Dammit Weird! Quit ruining stuff! ...Nice try though Lenglon." +2 Chemistry between Gladys and Lenglon!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:32:56 pm by Weirdsound »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 17, 2013, 02:38:05 pm »

Fall back to the cleared room to the west.

Can we clear the exit tile and then decide whether or not to continue towards the treasure room?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 17, 2013, 02:42:47 pm »

Fall back to the cleared room to the west.

Can we clear the exit tile and then decide whether or not to continue towards the treasure room?

There is nothing on the exit tile... in this dungeon anyway.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 17, 2013, 03:09:12 pm »

Keep going east towards the treasure trove!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 17, 2013, 03:20:18 pm »

Spoilsport

leave the room safely, then route through the exit tile to bypass the arena and then go to the room adjacent to the treasure room.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 17, 2013, 03:23:25 pm »

Keep going east towards the treasure trove!
You and I think alike! Go for the awesome loot!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 17, 2013, 04:57:54 pm »

Prelude: Storming the Castle

Turn 15.5

leave the room safely, then route through the exit tile to bypass the arena and then go to the room adjacent to the treasure room.

Alright. Since that seems to be what people want, the combat ends. The party flees the room, so some end of combat stuff can happen.

I'll give Kenji his stuff first, so he wont bitch at me for the rest of the update.

Kenji Finds:
Dried Arena Blood (Weak bias towards healing)
Undead Superconstruct Ichor (Strong bias towards damage)

"Meh. At least Chauncey's juices are almost worthy of an alchemist of my stature."

Ingrate. Anyway, both the Cutebolds level up. Barren-Bits rises to level 2, and gains 1 HP for her trouble! Fig-Gnasher hits the magical level 3! You must now decide if he is to become a Nuclear-Cutebold or a Cutebold Mage! You could also choose to keep him in his puny base form for a bit longer, so that he can pick up some standard Cutebold utility feats and perhaps find a more intresting class to select somewhere down the road.

"Huzah. Now I ish les liekly to get ded!"

"Wiff grate powerz coems grate chanzez to murd- erm... hugz mastah."

And to top things off the elf regains his humanoid form, and luckily for my sanity, he is fully clothed.

Rave Omega, Geeky Elven Mage of Darkness, Has Joined the Party!

"Oh... thank god its over. That transformation was the creepiest."

"You still owe me a favor elf... And I haven't ruled out making you take that form again for... other purposes."

(Ohmygosh a girl is talking to me. Crap. Say something intelegent Rave...) "Uuhh... Ehh... W-what?  Y-you mean.... Umm..."

Alright. Vote on Fig-Gnasher's upgrade and feel free to RP with the new characters. The next room has the potential to be the most fun in the whole dungeon, and I'm looking foward to it. I'll likely get the information up later tonight or tomorrow.

Anyway, since the party is getting so large, to keep things manageable I think I'm going to throw down a 4 party members per fight rule. A rider or other character with an essential animal compainion can bring said animal into battle without taking up an extra party slot. Bad abilities like 'Loyal Kobold' activate whether or not the character is picked to join the battle. Good abilities like Albus' hunter only work if that character is in the fight.

---

Party Stats:

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 06:07:50 pm by Weirdsound »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Maxemum Powerz for Fig-Gnasher
« Reply #329 on: July 17, 2013, 05:01:03 pm »

Wait.
Where did you learn Azarath Metrion Zinthis, Rave?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32