Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32

Author Topic: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Dead, but Sequel Starting...  (Read 32387 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: 11th Hour Save!
« Reply #195 on: July 13, 2013, 04:35:36 pm »

Fine, we'll only sell nonpartymember kobolds.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 13, 2013, 04:43:22 pm »

You monster.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2013, 04:44:23 pm »

You monster.
Why thank you! Been a while since I've gotten that remark.
Sig! Onol

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2013, 04:45:33 pm »

"You want restraints, not sedatives. The slave drivers and fetishists who buy such things prefer them alert, healthy, full of life, and squirmy. You transport them awake so you can see they all get their feeding and workouts in.

Just get a wagon, something to pull it, some locks, and a bunch of steel chains. You'll be golden."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2013, 04:46:42 pm »

We'll have to get to work on that, then.
Oh, and don't mention this to the paladin. Y'know, follower of the god of Good and Charity and all.
Sig! Onol

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 13, 2013, 06:04:33 pm »

"We'd need to get some more people to be in on the plan then. I'm the breaking and entering type of businesswoman. There is no way in the name of the Princess I can drive Kobolds all the way from here to the elves, goblins, or fey without a few co-conspirators."

You monster.

"I kno, rite? Koboldez shud be hazing slavs, not being slavs." -2 Chemestry between Xantalos and Fig-Gnasher. +2 Chemistry between Harbingerjm and Fig-Gnasher.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Now with 100% More Cutebold Partymembers!
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2013, 11:14:23 am »

Prelude: Storming the Castle

Turn 9

Okay. I have a bit of time while I wait for my friend Kuji to roll up some stuff for my other game, so I genned up the battle. Things will still be in slow motion mode for a bit though.

*Ahem* You find four Cutebolds in the room. Two of them are wearing the dog-skull helmets that signify they are Cutebold Mages. I guess now would be as good a time as ever to explain the mechanics of magic.

-Spells are tougher to cast, because you only get so many per dungeon, and they trigger Attacks of Opprotunity if some fool is right up in yo face.
-Spells are easy to hit with. Most spells hit automatically. Some of the more powerful and otherwise broken spells will require an attack roll or allow for a save. To make a save against a hostile spell you must roll higher than (12 + The casters current attack bonus) on a roll of 1d20 + Your current AC - 10.
-Spells can be counteracted by defensive casting. You can cancel out a range spell fired at you by spending the use of one of your ranged spells. You can cancel out a touch attack spell aimed at you by spending a use of a touch attack spell. You can cancel out an Area of Effect spell by spending the use of one Area of Effect spell. You can cancel out a debuff spell by spending the use of a debuff spell. Summoning and Buff spells don't target foes, so foes can't usually cancel them out. Canceling out a spell this way is a free action, but it provokes Attacks of Opprotunity.
-In general this means that dedicated mages are a huge threat at range to anybody other than another dedicated mage, but get in trouble when a decent melee character gets in their face.

"Yikes. And I only have one spell I can counter with!"

"I can dodge one spell... per dungeon..."

Then you ladies had best hope the players deal with those mages right away. Since all the Cutebolds look kind of the sameish, I will clarify that the mages are the ones furthest to the north and south, and the one on your side is with the rest of the party.

"On dat noot, I can haz betrays nao?"

Nope. Your Loyal Kobold ability fails to activate, as does Albus' Hunting power.

"Fcuk. Dis wud have ben gud opprotunity for dat."

"Can you players please pull an Amelia on this turd? Pllleeeease?"

"What, pray tell, is an Amelia?"

"Something the players can do to make me very happy. If it happens, you will know."

"duz it involvez gibbing Fig-Gnasher presents? Or kissypoos? Or hugz?"

"It may very well involve 'gibbing' you. One can only dream, Kobold Scum."

---

Party Stats:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2013, 11:20:12 am »

How does this sound for tactics: Quigleyurk and Albus charge down to the mage whilst shooting at the cutebold guarding him, alongside the rest of the party. Kill the mage, then worry about the others.

Quigleyurk: Shoot at southernmost cutebold.
Albus: Charge at kobold mage. Bite if it comes into range.
Fig-Gnasher, Gladys: Head south-by-southeast towards the mage. Attack if it comes into range.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Do You Believe in Magic?
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2013, 11:21:41 am »

Still have no idea what is going on but love it.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2013, 11:23:12 am »

It does not, but I can give you hugs anyway, you adorable little malevolent sadist you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2013, 11:24:47 am »

I doubt it, but if we are capable of physically interacting with characters, let me know so I can retroactively smack the Mary-Sue-Parody we had in our party.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2013, 11:32:06 am »

It does not, but I can give you hugs anyway, you adorable little malevolent sadist you.

"Tanks. U can alzo maek me happies by not reminding da otha playerz dat thar ish anothor maegik dood to da north. I cud even reach him, but if I doez he cannot haz blast mastah without me usin mah supah sneekish cutebold opprotoonity attak on him."

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 14, 2013, 11:33:10 am »

Let's use Fig-gnasher to cause them to waste their spells on him. It's not like he's useful for anything else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2013, 11:45:37 am »

Fig:move to the northernmost mage and attack as soon as able.
X: advance towards the southern kobold mage, but stay out of meele and ready your crossbow. as soon as that mage starts casting, shoot him to disrupt the spell.
Gladys: Move with X, if someone moves towards you and X, flank them and have a backstab party.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2013, 11:48:39 am »

"Tanks. U can alzo maek me happies by not reminding da otha playerz dat thar ish anothor maegik dood to da north. I cud even reach him, but if I doez he cannot haz blast mastah without me usin mah supah sneekish cutebold opprotoonity attak on him."
Erm.
You're welcome, but they can hear you.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32