Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32

Author Topic: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Dead, but Sequel Starting...  (Read 32322 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Now with 100% More Cutebold Partymembers!
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2013, 07:21:16 pm »

WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO PREFERS NORMAL CUTEBOLDS TO URANIUM-PLATED HORRORS?
You aren't!

The kobold that was radioactive was unharmed.
Maybe - and hear me out, this is crazy, I know - maybe it was some sort of radioactive monster or something? And maybe the Kobold's evil laugh should tell us that it will harm us because we're not radioactive?
I thought the radioactivity of the kobold was caused by the uranium, not the other way around?
"Shilly playwers. I cawnt wear newclear armer unwess I choose 2 becum newclear kobold at level thwee. Reed mah damn charactar sheet. I can not haz safteyz in newclear armer until then. I prowimise it ish perfectlee safe 4 mastah and all uther halfwings tho. No dangers for dem whatsoeva. Hehehehehe..."

Anybody have any objections to Irony's course of action? Or a better idea?
Well, I could also draw a cutebold picture. I've been meaning to. What do you imagine them to look like?
Somebody said there needs to be a cutebold imagedump, so here we are.
Password is password. Bear in mind most of these were made by *chan drawfags, so there's quite a bit of NSFW stuff there.
Anybody can add pictures, so go crazy, or send me a pm with pictures you want added.

Also... Loot! Choose who caries what, and what if anything gets left behind.
+1 Cutebold Knife
+2 Cutebold Animal-skin Loincloths
+1 Uranium Shortsword
+1 Uranium Chain Shirt *cumbersome*
+2 Kobold Rations
Knife, loincloths and Kobold rations to Fig-Gnasher, shortsword and chainshirt in lead cases and we'll carry them.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:25:04 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2013, 07:28:38 pm »

No, GWG. The radioactivity of the Kobold merely boosted the uranium.
Radiation doesn't work that way!
You can't claim that uranium is dangerous because of science, and then ignore science to explain why the cutebold wasn't affected!

Anybody have any objections to Irony's course of action? Or a better idea?
Well, I could also draw a cutebold picture. I've been meaning to. What do you imagine them to look like?
Somebody said there needs to be a cutebold imagedump, so here we are.
Password is password. Bear in mind most of these were made by *chan drawfags, so there's quite a bit of NSFW stuff there.
Anybody can add pictures, so go crazy, or send me a pm with pictures you want added.
Strangely enough, pictures of other peoples' cutebolds don't answer my question.
Nevertheless, I'll see what I can make.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2013, 07:30:56 pm »

You can't claim that uranium is dangerous because of science, and then ignore science to explain why the cutebold wasn't affected!
The cutebold wasn't affected because it had a class designed to work with radiactive stuff!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2013, 07:31:58 pm »

I can, by saying this:
The kobold took a class 'Radioactive Kobold' as a class, which is why it was radioactive and was able to equip radioactive gear. Dogears McLizardbold told us that himself. He also did a suspiciously specific denial of whether the radiation would harm us or not. Thus we can deduce that radioactive gear = bad for us, which is why we're having our meatshield kobold carry it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2013, 07:32:43 pm »

The cutebold wasn't affected because it had a class designed to work with radiactive stuff!
Which doesn't make sense from a scientific standpoint, so stop justifying the risks with science!

It either makes scientific sense or it makes sense given what we know in the game.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2013, 07:34:17 pm »

Which doesn't make sense from a scientific standpoint, so stop justifying the risks with science!

It either makes scientific sense or it makes sense given what we know in the game.

I'm inclined to agree with GWG.

Whichever you choose (science or game logic), stick to it.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2013, 07:35:03 pm »

It makes sense given what we know in the game. What we know in the game is that being exposed to radioactive stuff is bad, and gives permanent debuffs.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2013, 07:36:57 pm »

And yet, this doesn't happen from handling the radioactive gear.

I'm confident in saying that because it hasn't.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2013, 07:37:57 pm »

Because we haven't?
Besides, aren't you supposed to be the cautious one?
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2013, 07:39:04 pm »

What do you mean, we haven't handled the gear?

And as to the second: There's a difference between caution and paranoia.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2013, 07:40:24 pm »

What do you mean, we haven't handled the gear?

And as to the second: There's a difference between caution and paranoia.
True. Paranoia would be bringing along a hazmat suit in case of this very scenario.
Caution is giving the toxic gear to the untrustworthy party member so if he dies from it, nothing's lost!
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2013, 07:45:14 pm »

As it so happens, I agreed to giving the cutebold the armor when I realized we already had some.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2013, 07:46:16 pm »

As it so happens, I agreed to giving the cutebold the armor when I realized we already had some.
Oh, really?
What are we even talking about, then?
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2013, 07:48:45 pm »

I think the sword. I was under the impression that having the ability to mutate our enemies when we hit them with a heavier weapon was good.

EDIT:
Does Weirdsound have any changes to request?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:00:00 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2013, 08:05:24 pm »

Edit: Wow... There was a conversation explosion while I was doing that turn. The below conversation follows GWG's inquiry as to what a Cutebold looks like.

"We hash huge heds, eers, and two huge eis. We can haz trunk liek eeelaphant. We is oosuauly lite gray or porple. Cutebold can haz adorablez, no?"

"If you are adorable, then I'm the damn Fey Princess."

Alright you two, cut that out. Lets get this turn rolling.

Prelude: Storming the Castle

Turn 7

Loot everything, retain current gear, have cutebold carry things if necessary, go to chaos shrine.

"Ah wellsh. Burden ish still litter dan whot dey mayed me haul in da mines."

Not by much little guy. That chain male is so heavy that it reduces your already subpar movement of 4 mpr down to 2. Good thing we will not be doing a battle in the next room.

*Ahem* You and your new totally trustworthy friend move Northwest into the Chaos Shrine. A small pulsating glass alter sits in the center of the otherwise empty room. As you approach it, the doors to the room slam shut behind you!

BEHOLD! I AM MORGGY-BORGGY, GOD OF CHAOS, THEFT, AND RANDOM TRIVIA! And you are?[/color]

"Quigleyurk-the-Jobfic, ov-Zantmydsawp, Paladin of Chindook! I think I'm supposed to dislike chaos gods or something..."

Don't sweat it, as long as I don't attempt to do something cataclysmicly chaotic, Chindook can't see what goes on around my alter. That means you are free to play my favorite game in the whole wide world: Chaotic Pointless Trivia... With Added Theft! What do you say, wanna play?[/color]

"Do I have a choice in the matter?"

Hell no! Here is how it works! I will ask five questions, and since you are an illiterate foo with no internet access, your players will have to research the answers for you! If they get two or less questions correct, I will steal some of your crap! If they get three or more correct, you get to steal some sweet swag from me![/color]

"This should be a snap then. I have full faith in my players! ...I'm boned"

Alright. Well lets get some ground rules down then for the players. Read the rules carefully...

1. The Game Starts when I post the five questions. I'll likely do this in an hour or two so that you all have time to get ready and gather your forces.
2. The game will last an hour. Submissions posted more than an hour after the questions go up will be ingored!
3. I will only accept one answer per player. This will have to be a team effort.
4. In case of multiple answers from a player, or multiple players answering the same question, I will accept the last submission posted on the matter.
5. If you dweebs can't get at least two questions right, I will steal shit from Quigs; This could be items, spells, or abilities, and I wont be nice about it.
6. If you get more than two right, you get to steal cool stuff from me!
7. The question can be anything. Some can be from this wonderful game, some from other games on b12, some from other parts of the internet, and some might even come from meatspace real life!
[/color]

---

Party Stats:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:14:06 pm by Weirdsound »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32