Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32

Author Topic: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Dead, but Sequel Starting...  (Read 32317 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Now with 100% More Cutebold Partymembers!
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2013, 01:54:00 pm »

Okay, I know how to check how uranium works in this universe.

1) Tie or tape the sword to the kobold;
2) Tie him up so he can't move;
3) Hang him from a tree (by his legs, we don't want a dead kobold, and neither do we want an escape one);
4) Observe the results in several days.
IT'S A FOOLPROOF PLAN GUYS
For the record, I'm opposed to this plan.

Recall: I suggested giving us the armor, to mitigate backstabs. Even if we presume treachery, which I won't, the kobold can't be stupid enough to just attack us. We've also killed two of his companions with ease, within his sight, and came within a slightly lucky roll of killing him.
That's not what he's (presumably jokingly) worried about, though. It's whether that uranium armor is going to mutate X like the cutebold insisted it wouldn't before laughing maniacally.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2013, 01:57:08 pm »

Hm. Well, I'm not convinced. The GM specifically said it would be safe, the kobolds were using it to no great ill effect, etc etc.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2013, 01:57:42 pm »

Recall: I suggested giving us the armor, to mitigate backstabs. Even if we presume treachery, which I won't, the kobold can't be stupid enough to just attack us. We've also killed two of his companions with ease, within his sight, and came within a slightly lucky roll of killing him.

We've got no use for uranium chainmail, unlike the cutebold. We already wear halfling plate mail, so unless we want to wear extremely heavy armor made from an element very ill-suited (by virtue of being extremely heavy and toxic) for armor on top of plate mail, to the cutebold it should go. Let the little thing mutate. Best case scenario, it mutates into something useful, worst case scenario, it goes crazy and we have to put it down. Win-win, really.

Hm. Well, I'm not convinced. The GM specifically said it would be safe, the kobolds were using it to no great ill effect, etc etc.

Aside from the fact that the nuclear cutebold was glowing and poisonous to the touch, you mean?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2013, 01:59:52 pm »

Hence give it to the kobold. As a GIFT.
DON'T YOU LIKE OUR GIFTS, KOBOLD?!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2013, 02:00:48 pm »

Best case scenario, it mutates into something useful, worst case scenario, it goes crazy and we have to put it down. Win-win, really.
Nope, worst case is 'nothing of interest happens', though I doubt Weirdsound would allow such atrocity to happen in his game.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2013, 02:02:59 pm »

We already wear halfling plate mail,
We do? Missed that.
That...changes things.

Aside from the fact that the nuclear cutebold was glowing and poisonous to the touch, you mean?
But unharmed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2013, 02:04:48 pm »

I don't recall the GM ever specifically stating this. If anything, he lampshaded the opposite by saying it comes with lead carrying cases so we can loot (not "wear") it safely.

But unharmed.
He might have suffered side effects that weren't immediately obvious in combat. More to the point, he might have been glowing green and poisonous to the touch, something a halfling paladin of Chinook might be averse to.

We've got no use for uranium chainmail, unlike the cutebold. We already wear halfling plate mail, so unless we want to wear extremely heavy armor made from an element very ill-suited (by virtue of being extremely heavy and toxic) for armor on top of plate mail, to the cutebold it should go. Let the little thing mutate. Best case scenario, it mutates into something useful, worst case scenario, it goes crazy and we have to put it down. Win-win, really.
I'm still opposed to mutating the cutebold. He's (she's?) useful as a skirmisher and cuter while not green.

I do agree that because of our divine riding ability, technically we should be able to wear the uranium without suffering any movement-related consequences whatsoever, so long as we remain mounted on Albus. That's still something I might not want to bank on, but it'd be an option were we not worried about the mutation thing.

Hence give it to the kobold. As a GIFT.
DON'T YOU LIKE OUR GIFTS, KOBOLD?!
Best case scenario, it mutates into something useful, worst case scenario, it goes crazy and we have to put it down. Win-win, really.
Nope, worst case is 'nothing of interest happens', though I doubt Weirdsound would allow such atrocity to happen in his game.
WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO PREFERS NORMAL CUTEBOLDS TO URANIUM-PLATED HORRORS?

Like most things that question sounded more reasonable in my head.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2013, 02:05:19 pm »

The kobold that was radioactive was unharmed.
Maybe - and hear me out, this is crazy, I know - maybe it was some sort of radioactive monster or something? And maybe the Kobold's evil laugh should tell us that it will harm us because we're not radioactive?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2013, 02:09:41 pm »

Maybe - and hear me out, this is crazy, I know - maybe it was some sort of radioactive monster or something? And maybe the Kobold's evil laugh should tell us that it will harm us because we're not radioactive?

It was probably the cutebold equivalent of a ghoul, thus explaining everything!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2013, 02:39:22 pm »

Quote from: Everybody in the Damn Topic
Vigorous debate over the merits of uranium armor

"Shilly playwers. I cawnt wear newclear armer unwess I choose 2 becum newclear kobold at level thwee. Reed mah damn charactar sheet. I can not haz safteyz in newclear armer until then. I prowimise it ish perfectlee safe 4 mastah and all uther halfwings tho. No dangers for dem whatsoeva. Hehehehehe..."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2013, 02:42:11 pm »

Why don't you carry it for us so we can properly protect you, then?
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2013, 02:44:33 pm »

Oh my god, we can get a cutebold mage?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Anyway, that settles it:

Loot everything, retain current gear, have cutebold carry things if necessary, go to chaos shrine.

Also I wanna draw an image to get on the cutebold's good side but I don't think I can manage cuter than the current pog. >_>

...what is that thing and where did it come from, anyway?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2013, 02:52:57 pm »

Also I wanna draw an image to get on the cutebold's good side but I don't think I can manage cuter than the current pog. >_>

...what is that thing and where did it come from, anyway?

My sister has a strange obsession with and collection of purple elephants. One of them is a Chibish bobblehead. All the Kobold creatures in this game will be photos of purple elephants put through various color filters on my chromebook camera. Its a pain because I can't take photos on my PC, and I can't make pogs on my chromebook.

Anybody have any objections to Irony's course of action? Or a better idea? I've seen lots of intelligent debate on gear, but not so much on where to go next.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2013, 06:32:43 pm »

I thought the radioactivity of the kobold was caused by the uranium, not the other way around?

Oh my god, we can get a cutebold mage?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
You only just noticed?

Anybody have any objections to Irony's course of action? Or a better idea?
Well, I could also draw a cutebold picture. I've been meaning to. What do you imagine them to look like?
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2013, 07:19:38 pm »

No, GWG. The radioactivity of the Kobold merely boosted the uranium.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32