Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32

Author Topic: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Dead, but Sequel Starting...  (Read 32265 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: +4 Cutebolds Fed, -1 Rival
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2013, 06:57:19 pm »

You are not helping your case.
What case?
The case that you would be a non-terrible god.
I already swore that I would destroy or harm the world! All I'm here for us to watch X do stuff, and if I can free her up to do some unscrupulous things with my 'anything goes' morality, so much the better!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2013, 07:00:43 pm »

I actually think my record speaks best for my becoming a god.
I'm not familiar with it.

...well I'm familiar with some records, but I assume they're not very representative if you're bragging about them. :I

I already swore that I would destroy or harm the world! All I'm here for us to watch X do stuff, and if I can free her up to do some unscrupulous things with my 'anything goes' morality, so much the better!

IronyOwl for Turn 3!

"We're not Xantalos!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2013, 07:03:22 pm »

*grumblegrumble*
If a solemn oath meant solely to reassure you guys that I wasn't going to break the story isn't enough, which I had no intention of doing in the first place, isn't enough, what is?
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2013, 07:11:59 pm »

*grumblegrumble*
If a solemn oath meant solely to reassure you guys that I wasn't going to break the story isn't enough, which I had no intention of doing in the first place, isn't enough, what is?
Well, needing to take an oath like that in the first place puts you back a fair ways.

But otherwise, like I said: Something you'll do right, not just something you'll avoid doing wrong. I would consider corrupting a paladin via apathy to count as violating the latter, personally.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2013, 07:16:19 pm »

Well, paladins take on the moral code of their god, don't they? I'll just say that for this game my moral code is whatever the player decides, letting her actions be more diverse!
Also, I didn't need to take that oath, but I did because I didn't want this to happen:
*holds up badly put together sock puppet of GWG*
Xantalos is tricking us! He just wants to destroy the world again like he did in several minimalist RTDs! We shouldn't let him apply for godhood nyah nyah nyah!

:P
Sig! Onol

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2013, 07:20:02 pm »

Chill guys. None of you are becoming gods... on turn 3 anyway

Anyway, I might put up some specific mechanics for Chemistry. Should I? Or would you rather keep it a stat of mystery?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2013, 07:21:24 pm »

I was planning to apply when we meet a priest anyhow.
Stat of mystery for me!
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2013, 07:23:21 pm »

Mmmyyyyyysssssssssssteryyyyyyyyy

I mean, if you want to that's fine, but without knowing how it works I'd guess it's better as a mystery feature.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2013, 07:23:34 pm »

I already swore that I would destroy or harm the world!
Um...

All I'm here for us to watch X do stuff, and if I can free her up to do some unscrupulous things with my 'anything goes' morality, so much the better!

IronyOwl for Turn 3!

"We're not Xantalos!"
GreatWyrmGold for Turn 3!
Between my track record, my accountability, and the fact that I can come up with positive reasons, I am the Positive Candidate.
Be Positive.

Aw, no godhood? Oh well, at least we're not adding an omnicidal moron to the pantheon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2013, 07:27:55 pm »

You're tempting me, GWG. You're tempting me.
Sig! Onol

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: A Goofy Roguelike Adventure
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2013, 10:50:32 pm »

Prelude: Storming the Castle

Turn 3

Okay, the bad news is this game seems to have sucked me in a bit. I guess we shall start the next battle then. X, since you were a whiny little girl about it, why don't you show off your new pog and reveal where that treasure trove is at?

"Oh mighty Chindook, I your most humble... and now your most sexy... servant invoke your name! Reveal to me the secrets of this retched pit, so I may smite these wretched adorable elephant-dragon people, escape their den of nastiness, and save my governor from the wicked Demon Viceroy! I WANT SOME FREAKING TREASURE PLEASE!"

Divine geographical knowledge rushes into your head.... you now know exactly where a treasure trove is...

...and it is nowhere near you.

Anyway, time to start the battle. In this room are three cutebolds. They are spread out this time, so picking them apart one by one is an option. One of them is glowing green and particularly nasty looking. Albus again fails to find a bonus foe.

"Alright players, lets get me through this one alive. That glowing one dosn't look much tougher than the others, so I'm not worried. I mean it has decent looking gear, but I'm still a fully equipped Paladin. I'd check its entry under enemy stats below to be sure, BUT FOR SOME REASON I CAN'T READ ANYMORE!"

---

Party Stats:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Main character now has a definitive gender!
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2013, 10:53:06 pm »

FIREBALL THE GREEN ONE
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2013, 11:48:13 pm »

FIREBALL THE GREEN ONE
Yeah, I'll second this.

When it does get within range we should make sure both X and Albus attack it before it gets its turn.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2013, 12:04:17 am »

Aye. Permanent debuffs = bad.
Sig! Onol

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2013, 02:47:35 am »

Who wants to bet that we found the Big Bad of the whole story arc? I bet the everything of the next dead PC.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32