Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32

Author Topic: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Dead, but Sequel Starting...  (Read 32233 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Shopping Till Ya Drop!
« Reply #435 on: July 23, 2013, 02:25:08 pm »

Let's go with typo. Ficing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: CRITICAL HITS FTW!
« Reply #436 on: July 23, 2013, 06:58:55 pm »

Teamwork Levels, and Prep For the Next Chapter

Turn 24

I'm preparing new selfies for the next chapter, so I'm falling back on the old 3rd person narration that I used in the OP for this post and possibly the next one.

---

The Mechlings are a proud secretive race of sentient constructs with a proud history of serving as mercenaries for both sides when war breaks out between the divine and unholy. Some Mechlings may get involved in smaller racial blood feuds, typicly on the side of the kobolds or the orcs, but their society as a whole views war between the mortal races as below them. Their village is nestled deep in a canyon near where the Realmlands, the Southlands, and the Eastlands meet. Since Kobold, Demon, and Orcish visitors and residents are not terribly uncommon in town, the local inns provide organic and unholy substance. The party has just checked into such an Inn. Lets see what they are up to...

---

The Stables:

"Fiddlesticks and Damnation! You'd think a town so close to the Southlands would have proper kennels for us small folk to put our small mounts. I hope you don't mind horses Albus."

"Arf! Ruff!"

"Still... This is better than some of the places I'd used to have to overnight my old dog during the war. Ol' Crunch was never quite the same after he shared a stable with a demon mercenary's infernal horse!"

"Roo?"

"No. Of course you ain't my first riding dog. You remember Brandy from the temple kennels, the saint bernard? Of course you do. I think you are the father of her last litter. Ol' Crunch was her grandaddy. We worked together during the war. He took at least 7 or 8 Cutebolds and one of the bigger nastier ones as well. It is kinda a pitty he didn't come back alive."

*Whimper*

"Oh. You'll be fine you big baby. We are fighting demons, not Kobolds. Demons might be nasty, but they are not blood enemies of Halfling and Canine kind like those two wretches the players saddled us with. If we lose, the worst we can expect is a quick death or being turned into monsters that cannot feel pain. Those may seem bad Albus, but the Kobolds put me through worse; and I'm still suffering for it."

*Sigh*

"I mean, back home they let me sit on the judges bench, or preach Chindook's word in the temple, but I'm going to die alone. Nobody wants the torture survivor who can rarely get a good night's sleep and can't get over her own damn bigotry. They all think I could snap one day or something. I mean... I can have all the flings I want with the other civil servants, alot of them are in a similar situation to my own, but nobody looking for a serious relationship comes calling anymore, and even my family keeps their distance when they can.

"Arooooogh." *Nuzzles Quigleyurk*

"Heh. I guess I'll always have mutts like you to keep me company. Thanks."

Quigleyurk and Albus have obtained Teamwork Level 1: Canine Confidant!
Quigleyurk gains 2 HP
Albus gains 2 HP

Choose one of the following Abilities:
In Sync with Albus: While Mounted, Quigleyurk shares the effects of any self-buff spells Albus Casts
Cover Master: Once per dungeon, while Quigleyurk is ajacent to or mounted on Albus, Albus may force an AoO aimed at her to miss

---

Gladys' Room:

"See..." *Pant* "Now that is the true utility of my corruption spell."

"...It-it is a pity that the spell dosn't last terribly long. Your casting stance was a bit off, if you had gotten it better I could have had at least two or three more minutes."

"Sure... Blame the spell for that."

Several minutes of awkward silence pass.

"...Gladys, is it true what they say about Fey?"

"If you are talking about that rumor about how my incapable of love, I think we just proved it wrong."

"No. I'm not talking about that... Thats just attraction and thrill I mean love as in-"

"Oh. You mean love as the way the other races define it. With the loyalty and whatnot. Hmmm?"

"Yeah. That."

"Loyalty breeds stability and order, and even if my god didn't frown upon such things, they are just no fun."

"Bu-"

"You owe me your life remember? I make the rules. You can bunk in my room every night we stay at an inn, but none of that exclusive stuff, and no complaining. Understood?"

"...Fine."

"Very good. Now on that note I'm heading out to the tavern to seduce one of those demons who we saw hanging out this afternoon. If your lucky, I'll share with you."

"Bu-bu-but!"

"Now-now. I said no complaining Rave. Now be good while I'm away!" *leaves room*

"...She forgot to take the handcuffs off!"

Gladys and Rave have obtained Teamwork Level 1: Party Members with Benifits!
Gladys gains 2 HP
Rave gains 2 HP
Rave's Feat gives him an additional 2 HP
Rave's Feat gives him an extra use per dungeon of the spell 'Quoth the Raven'

Desperate to Impress: Once per dungeon, one of Rave's spells may do gaurenteed maximum damage against a foe ajacent to Gladys.
Intimate Connection: When Rave recovers his HP with a spell, Gladys recovers the same amount of HP.

---

Mechling Assembly Line:

"What are we doing here again?"

"The players seem to be interested in buying a Mechling 'Newborn'. I'm checking out how the process works an-"

"And I'm along because I'm clearly more familiar with electronics 'n stuff. Got it."

"Pretty much. You have Mechlings where you are from?"

"I can't answer that."

"Why not?"

"Because once somebody from this era figures out my future, my future is set in stone."

"Ouch. I wont pry then. I have the strangest feeling that your future isn't the sort I'd like to have as my destiny."

"You can assume what you will. I will give no hints."

"I don't blame you. Not everybody on this party is as well grounded as you and me, and even I have my bad moments."

"It takes all sorts. Not everybody I worked with in the future was playing with a full deck of cards either. I was chosen for my mission not because I was the strongest, but because I was the most disciplined."

"Good to know. I have no freaking idea why Chindook picked me for this task."

"Likely because you are reasonably intelligent and skilled. Also hafling society has been pretty poor when it comes to taking care of their veterans. You look old and seasoned enough to have been in that war a few years back."

"...I find it creepy that you know that. Can I even trust you?"

"You can trust me to complete my mission, which likely involves killing lots of demons, and likely dosn't involve stabbing your group in the back."

"Works for me. Good to have you aboard Ajax."

Quigleyurk and Ajax have obtained Teamwork Level 1: Only Sane Men!
Quigleyurk gains 2 HP
Ajax gains 2 HP

Suppressing Volley: If X and Ajax both fire their ranged weapons in a general direction on the same turn, foes in that general direction have their movement halved that turn.
Armored Charge: Once per battle, If Ajax is standing next to X when she uses her 'Ride Down' ability, Ajax can move with X and inflict the same damage to foes as a free action

---

The Next Morning:

The party has a bit of time before they have to move along with their adventure. Now is the moment to finalize shopping lists, have some party members improve themselves, or get some sidequests. Also they must decide where to go next...

You have 3 Action Points to Spend! To make it fair, characters who got Teamwork Levels cannot spend action points.

A lazy bum character can spend an AP to get off his ass and do some side work!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A character can spend an action point to 'Find Jesus' or otherwise improve himself!

A party member can try to get a leg up on his worthless peers in the group by taking a side quest

Finally Choose Where to go Next:

---

Here is the shopping list again. A few more votes and some more discussion would be nice.

Stuff The Party Has to Sell:

Stuff for Sale:
---

Party Stats:

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Big Damn Update! Lots of Choices to Make!
« Reply #437 on: July 23, 2013, 07:45:47 pm »

For the teamwork abilities, I think we should go with In Sync with Albus because Cover master will only be once per dungeon no matter what, but In Sync with Albus is only limited by the buffing spells Albus gets.
For Gladys and Rave, we should go with Desperate to Impress as it could end up making many larger enemies easier.
Before making a decision on X and Ajax, I have to ask: Does ride down activate when you start moving, or only when you pass over an enemy?

As for the Action Points, I think we should send Flesh-Feaster to the Kobold Embassy to gain some experience, as I feel he could be a useful party member, but with the 4 person limit, we will need to find some alternative ways to catch him up. Kenji should do some work around the town and buy a trendy hipster T-shirt, because he doesn't have much Chemistry with any of the players at the moment. X should do some work with the Mechling town hall, in order to further improve the party's relations with the town.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 23, 2013, 07:55:29 pm »

In Sync with Albus, as Cover Master is underwhelming.
Intimate Connection, as HP restoration is always a good thing to maximize.
Armored Charge, because it seems like it would come up more (and, bonus, sounds awesome).
As for the Action Points, I think we should send Flesh-Feaster to the Kobold Embassy to gain some experience, as I feel he could be a useful party member, but with the 4 person limit, we will need to find some alternative ways to catch him up. Kenji should do some work around the town and buy a trendy hipster T-shirt, because he doesn't have much Chemistry with any of the players at the moment. X should do some work with the Mechling town hall, in order to further improve the party's relations with the town.
This sounds about as good as any plan, except that:
A. Kenji should get some more Jerky Rations.
B. Quigleyurk can't do anything at the moment. Hence, Kenji will head there instead.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 23, 2013, 11:31:04 pm »

For the teamwork abilities, I think we should go with In Sync with Albus because Cover master will only be once per dungeon no matter what, but In Sync with Albus is only limited by the buffing spells Albus gets.
For Gladys and Rave, we should go with Desperate to Impress as it could end up making many larger enemies easier.
Before making a decision on X and Ajax, I have to ask: Does ride down activate when you start moving, or only when you pass over an enemy?

"I have to declare ride down when I start moving. Hopefully the next dungeon will have some things small enough for me to squish."

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 24, 2013, 02:44:29 pm »

"I have to declare ride down when I start moving. Hopefully the next dungeon will have some things small enough for me to squish."
Sweet. In that case, Armored Charge is the way to go. Also, since I forgot to add it to my last post, we should head to the Scrap Yard next, to grab some extra loot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 24, 2013, 03:01:20 pm »

Yes, the Scrap Yard!

And when we finish up the Viceroy's Castle, we can go back to the Kobold Den for fun, and of course retrieval of Amelia's loot remains.
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 25, 2013, 04:45:30 pm »

Hey guys. I just finished the new batch of selfies for Bonus Chapter 1! I'm doing some reorganizing of the game's resources, which should take about an hour or so, and then I'll get to work launching the chapter. As it is however we have a tie in the what to buy department between the plans offered by GWG and Harbingerjm. If the tie isn't resolved by more votes or fan-art or something by the time I'm ready to start working on the turn I will roll to decide. The roll be be slightly weighted towards Harbingerjm because he got that dinky incomplete tag along vote for the Playfey Mag.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 25, 2013, 04:49:08 pm »

Nice hat.
Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 25, 2013, 04:59:50 pm »

I'll tentatively back harbingerjm's plan, though I'm not fond of the engineer item in both plans.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 25, 2013, 05:02:00 pm »

I whipped up a little something, inspired by the pic.

I'd like to put this towards my plan.
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 25, 2013, 05:08:51 pm »

What is that cutebold holding in its hand... OMG! Cannot Unsee! *Shudder*

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 25, 2013, 05:12:08 pm »

That's supposed to be a whip!
Sig

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 25, 2013, 05:27:29 pm »

I'll tentatively back harbingerjm's plan, though I'm not fond of the engineer item in both plans.
You don't want Blood-Binger to become an engineer? But that's a critical part of my "bring greatness to koboldkind" plan!
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: CRITICAL HITS FTW!
« Reply #449 on: July 26, 2013, 12:28:05 am »

Bonus Chapter 1: What a Load of Scrap!

Turn 25

Hey everyone, and welcome to the bonus chapter in which the GM gets to wear an awesome fedora! Anyway... Lets look at the shopping votes and see what we are buying today!

It seems we have two shopping lists. One submitted by good 'ol GWG, and one by the Kobold loving Harbingerjm.

Harbingerjm's plan is supported by a weak ass partial vote from Lenglon and a apprehensive vote from Ironyowl.

GWG's plan is supported by fan art featuring a cutebold in a bad-ass hat and playing with his... whip.

...I'd say three votes, even if two of them are less than high quality, outweighs one vote and a Cutebold doing his best Carlos Danger impersonation. Harbinger's plan wins, now lets look at his list.

Ok then.
Free item: Mechling Mechanics Set

Trade 2xCutebold Kitchen Set and 1xNuclear Cutebold Arments Set for 1xMedic's Plate Armor and 1xFactory Fresh Mechling (Kobold-loving).
Trade 3xCutebold Mage Itemset for 1xTraining Scope
Trade 2xNuclear Cutebold Arments Set and 1xCutebold Mage Itemset for 1xChaos Control Charm and 1xDepleted Uranium Armor
Trade 6xCutebold Wardrobe for 1xPlayfey Magizine (for Gladys), 2xJerky Rations, and 1xCans of Dog Food

"Score! New armor!" +1 Chemistry between X and Harbingerjm

"A training scope huh... It looks like I'm going back to boot-camp... Goodie"

"I can haz armorz! Al da betters for making murderz with." +1 Chemistry between Flesh-Feaster and Harbingerjm!

"Wow... first you give me the elf, now jewlery, and then awesome magizines on top of that! Being... personable... has its perks I guess." +2 Chemistry between Lenglon and Gladys, +2 Chemistry between IronyOwl and Gladys, +4 Chemistry between Harbingerjm and Gladys!

"Humph. You guys don't have any idea who's important around here, do you? Ah well, at least GWG tried to buy me something awesome." -3 Chemistry between Kenji and Harbingerjm, -1 Chemistry between Kenji and IronyOwl, +2 Chemistry between Kenji and GWG!

"Greetings comrades. My name is Dredbot Cylon Dalek the 3rd. I have been programmed by Harbingerjm to be totally loyal to X's Mission and totally have no sympathies for the superior race of Koboldkind whatsover. I am totally and completely trustworthy. Also, because the GM is starting to run low on colors that don't make peoples eye's burn, I will be stealing the blue text from that dead inferior halfling scum Amelia." *twitch* "HAIL KOBOLDS"

"Just freakin kill me now!"

Nope. Continuing what is quickly becoming my pre-chapter tradition of vetoing X's suicide attempt, we move onto spending action points!

Flesh Feaster heads to the local Kobold Embasy to look for work! The Kobolds inside quickly give him a SIDEQUEST!

'Dar is a wikkid hafwing enginear who lives in da srcapyard. His naem ish Igglefoot. Maek him ded an brng bak proof, and we trane u 2 be Nukebold Calvary!'

"Awshum. I liek making hafwings ded. Riding nuke things ish also mhuch fun! Will trie best 2 du quest."

Meanwhile Kenji heads out for a bit of work. He spends the morning degrading himself by cleaning up stables to compensate for the fact that the party has failed to purchase enough food. After he finishes he heads to the market to pick up some humble jerky, complaining under his breath the whole time.

Eventually Kenji visits the Mechling town hall, to take care of some unfinished busniess.

'Ahh... Hiroshima-san, funny you would show up. We just finished that thing you ordered and sent it via courier to catch up with you and your army.'

"Army got wiped off the map. We mistook a battalion of elven academy mages for the enemy and the battle was mutually devastating. I managed to get my brothers ki- erm help them find glory. Where is the courier now?"

'We lost contact with him in the bonus boss room of the Scrapyard. So I bet the bonus boss killed him and took it.'

"...Well ain't you all a bunch of worthless shits then? You all failed. When I become Dynamo, do not expect any favors from me you wretched golems! But its no matter, I have a bunch of friends who would love to risk their lives to get my crap for me, and are heading that way anyhow."

+New Sidequests for Kenji and Flesh Feaster!

What could Kenji possibly have in mind? Duuuunduuuunduuuuuuuun! Well, with their shopping list taken care of, the party heads into the Scrap Yard. They are quickly assaulted by a pack of 3 scrap beasts and a mad engineer!

Since the prelude is over, I will remove the arbitrary limit that says the main character must get involved in each fight. Just remember there are consequences if the main character dies.

Check the enemy details page to find out what you are fighting against. I'm in a bit of a rush, and am using Maptools for something else tonight, so I'll do the map when all characters are picked out.

---

Party Status

---

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32