Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32

Author Topic: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Dead, but Sequel Starting...  (Read 32242 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Last Call for the Photoporter!
« Reply #405 on: July 19, 2013, 09:20:26 pm »

*crosses fingers*
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 19, 2013, 09:30:44 pm »

forget it, i'll post better pics later if anyone cares. managed to get everything set up again and take a couple low-res pics so there'll be no risk of missing the deadline. the software or phone is going crazy on me, don't want to have to deal with it anymore.

Spoiler: marine army (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: sniper (click to show/hide)

they look a ton better than this camera allows me to show by the way.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 19, 2013, 09:34:34 pm »

Aha!

Spoiler: Updated Cutebold Mage (click to show/hide)
A couple minor changes, most obviously the magic held in its hand.

Now, for this I'd like a greater chance of those marines to be friendly.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: CRITICAL HITS FTW!
« Reply #408 on: July 20, 2013, 01:41:36 am »

Prelude: Storming the Castle

Turn 21

Party: Practice cool finishing moves.

"Ballin. I do like showing off!" *Albus leaps around a bit to allow X to pratice some flying sword thrusts!*

"If you insist... I shall deliver!" *Starts removing her clothes*

Not *that* kind of finishing move. I'm pretty sure he meant the literally lethal sort. Now put those pants back on.

...Moving my attention to the southern portion of the map for now, Kenji and Rave also attempt to practice finishing moves, but their showboating provokes an attack of opprotunity from the Cutebold in front of them.

The little blighter raises his knife and begins to slash towards Kenji, before its head abruptly explodes in a shower of pink and grey mist!

"What the hell was that? And do I get alchemy components for it?"

The Kobold was killed by a human who just stepped out of the Photoporter. He wears red mechanized armor, and has one of those plasma rifles that time travelers sometimes carry. The weapon is aimed at where the Cutebold's head once was.

Kenji salvages a drop of Rifle Grade Plasma from the kill!

Since the encounter is now over, I will also roll Kenji's post battle salvage. He finds one alechemy component, which I will say is a strand of Kobold Loincloth Fiber!

"What were you morons doing showing off like that in front of a Cutebold? Those things live to take advantage of people who do stupid things in battle! You could have gotten killed!"

"It wasn't my fault. Those rotten players made me do it. I assure you I would have just chopped that runt's head off if I had my way."

"Players? That means you are on a quest. What is your quest?"

"I am leading this party to rescue the Halfling Governor from the Demon Viceroy... and hopefully kill alot of Kobolds."

(Shit. I forgot that racial blood feuds were still in vouge in this era. That could complicate my mission...) "Very well. Your goal is close enough to my own. I will travel with you. My name is Ajax."

"Another human in the party. Welcome aboard."

Ajax, Human Scout, Has Joined the Party!

Alright. Lots of end of battle upkeep.

First off, the party has to eat. You share most of your remaining halfling quality food with Gladys, Kenji, and Rave. I'll assume Ajax ate right before joining the battle. Flesh-Feaster eats a Kobold ration, and shares the same with Albus and the other Cutebold in the party. I'll assume the newcomer ate just before he arrived.

*Whimpers and retches*

"Next up, both Albus and Gladys have leveled up!

Albus gains 6 HP, and must choose between the following abilities:
Better Hunter: Albus' chance of finding a bonus foe is increased to 1/3rd
Holy Fangs: So long is Albus is mounted by a Paladin, his bite attacks inflict an additional 2 points of Holy Damage

Gladys gains 3 HP, and must choose between the following abilities:
Rip-Off Artist: Each time a dungeon is cleared, Gladys increases the value tier of a random item set in the parties possession by 1
Find Secret Door: Once per dungeon, Gladys may allow the party to bypass a single room. If she does this, she must be part of any combat that takes place in the next room the party visits.

Next comes the loot. Since I know you are heading for the treasure trove, and the tank just cleared the treasure trove for you, I'll say you all move right along and throw the treasure trove room loot in this dump along with the stuff from this room.

+6 Cutebold Loincloths
+6 Cutebold knives
+3 Uranium Chain Shirts
+3 Uranium Shortswords
+3 Dog Skull Wizard Hats
+3 Cutebold Spellbooks
+1 Staff of Scissors (A staff can be used at an altar by a character without a defined class who is looking to become a priest. This particular staff ensures that the newly minted priest starts off with some bonus spells relating to crafting and cutting regardless of the god they worship)
+1 Sacrificial Dove (Used at an altar by a character looking to worship a god without taking a divine class such as priest, paladin, or druid)
+1 Bottle of Ketchup (Rare and powerful ration that elevates a character below level 4 to level 4)
+1 Set of Dog Booties (Increases the AC of a Canine by 1)
+1 Silver Bar (4th Tier Loot)
+1 Potion of Kobold Ancestry (Randomly Debuffs any non-kobold who drinks it. Polymorphs a kobold drinker into a random dragon or pachyderm for the duration of battle)

You also have to decide where to go next. You can escape the dungeon through the main exit, escape the dungeon through the secret exit, or continue exploring. If you choose to continue, do note that a character's movement speed is reduced by 2m for each Uranium Chain Shirt he or she is carrying.

Starting with dungeon 2, I will be introducing a group inventory, since we have enough dudes sitting out of the action to be hauling heavy stuff while the fighters fight. So if you choose to leave the dungeon, you don't have to worry about micromanaging loot right now.

---

Party Stats:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 09:32:45 am by Weirdsound »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Level Ups, Loot, Time Travelers, and Relocation
« Reply #409 on: July 20, 2013, 02:32:00 am »

Check for anything else in the room. Then leave through the exit.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 20, 2013, 03:03:18 am »

Albus: Better Hunter
Gladys: Rip-Off Artist

Party: Leave Dungeon with loot

2 damage is nice, but not as nice as getting sweet loot every third encounter instead of every sixth encounter.
Bypassing rooms sounds pretty situational. Upgrading a random item sounds pretty awesome.
Alas, we have more loot than we can reasonably carry. That means it's time to flee to town and sell it all.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 20, 2013, 06:17:11 am »

+1

Party: Leave Dungeon with loot
-1, let's head back to the entrance room to loot Amelia's body with our new friends.
Sig

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 20, 2013, 09:25:04 am »

I vote using the secret exit when we leave.

Have Ajax scout both of the unexplored rooms before leaving
, just in case they're interesting.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 20, 2013, 09:27:36 am »

-1, let's head back to the entrance room to loot Amelia's body with our new friends.

+1

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 20, 2013, 09:33:41 am »

+1
+1

, just in case they're interesting.
+1
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 20, 2013, 10:28:57 am »

Prelude: Storming the Castle

Turn 21.5

Because I moved you all to the treasure trove last turn, and because the sniper can only scout adjacent room, Ajax only moves to scout the room to the south...

"Just going to throw my two cents in and say that going to loot Amelia would be ill advised. I have to feed the party every three rooms. I don't think I have enough food to get down to the entrance and back to the exit."

"Scouting is complete. The room to our south is another Treasure Trove. It is guarded by 3 Cutebold Mages, 3 Nuclear Cutebolds, and 2 Plaguebold Swordsbolds. It will be a hell of a fight if we choose to go that way guys."

---

Party Stats:

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 20, 2013, 05:34:36 pm »

lets just go, visit town, make... friends and other such things.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 20, 2013, 06:40:55 pm »

Conquer the town! Bend them to our will! For Chindook!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 20, 2013, 09:05:46 pm »

We have to feed people in empty rooms? Geez, overland travel must be annoying.

Head out, nothing left of value.
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 20, 2013, 10:07:38 pm »

Prelude: Concluded!

Turn 22

We have to feed people in empty rooms? Geez, overland travel must be annoying.

Head out, nothing left of value.

Luckily this universe is strange, and almost everything that isn't a civilized settlement is a dungeon...

Anyway, the party escapes the dungeon and ends the prologue! I will gen up the town and the shop after I finish some stuff for my RPG and novel, but for now it is now to dole out teamwork levels!

You get 1 teamwork level for escaping the dungeon...
And you get 2 teamwork levels for clearing 6 rooms...
...Bringing you to a total of 3 teamwork levels.

Here is how they work. You all may each vote on up to five pairs who's relationship you would like to see built up and explored. The three valid pairs with the most votes win. For a pair to be valid, they must have fought together in at least 1 encounter in the previous dungeon. This means Ajax cannot take teamwork levels with the cutebolds, but so far everybody else has had a chance to fight together.

Each pair will receive some sort of mechanical boon that encourages their working together, and a fun little conversational cut-scene.

"And what pray tell will these cut-scenes entail? Anything of interest to me?"

Its been awhile since I brushed up on the b12 forum rules, but I'm very sure they forbid me from giving you exactly what you want Gladys. But seeing the amount of shipping some of the other games around here get away with, I can imply alot if the players want me to.

"The players are going to get involved in our personal lives? That is kinda messed up."

Only the ones you like. The player who has the most chemistry with a character gets to pick how that character understands his or her relationship with his or her partner in a teamwork level. They could make you friends, lovers, students, teachers, rivals, or anything else under the sun, and to top it off both characters don't have to see each other in the same way. In case of a chemistry tie for a character tie I roll to pick, and in case of somebody like you, Rave, who doesn't have any chemistry with a player, I will put the nature of your relationship up to the popular vote.

So you characters might want to figure out which players you like before it is decided who gets the teamwork levels... Unless you want a random mob of b12ers exerting control over your thoughts, emotions, and perception!

"Yikes! Quick everybody, tell me your favorite DC character! That is a valid way of making friends, right?"

"The mob can do their worst. I'm not about to let my feelings get in the way of my mission no matter what they say."

---

Party Stats:

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

Dungeon Map:

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32