Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Outlands RTD [~Interlude: Lock and Key~]  (Read 23482 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Outlands RTD [Turn 0: First Contact]
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2013, 02:52:08 am »

((If/when we kill the demons would I be able to try to resurrect them as my loyal zombie minions? Also, should my character be worried about the other adventurers finding out that she is a necromancer?))
((Soldier demons no. They're made of some kind of ceramic or similar; they look alive enough while alive, but when slain become brittle and hollow. Higher, more permanent demons possibly, although necromancy tends to have peculiar effects when used on demons.

Necromancy isn't especially looked down upon by most people, at least not since the invasion. The only reason Haven has restrictions on it is because they're worried about it interfering with their efforts to keep the land fertile and safe.

So, it's pretty much up to them.))

Primary Skill: Hemomancy. [As in, Blood Magic. Also, custom.]
Well, what kind of blood magic?
As in: Human Blood Magic that deals with manipulating the blood of humans.
((I'll have to intervene and put this under Elemental: Water.

Because blood is such a general term for those who only know its general characteristics. ;P))
((What if he just wants to manipulate the solid parts of blood, and not the plasma?))
I'll just go with Tiruin on this one. It's not like I'm nearly as knowledgeable as people that are probably 10 years or more my senior.
((Or you could go with Element: Blood and just manipulate it directly. That'd be a lot more powerful than trying to manipulate it via one of its components.))

((OOC: Also, my chars inspiration is based on dance and not instrument :P It's really only a fluff thing))
((Yeah, I figured, but couldn't really think of anything dance-related to give you. Considered little tamborines or something, but ultimately just copped out with a flute.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2013, 06:51:41 am »

Well i suppose i should have thought of getting some weapon before trying to kill demons...

Pick up and enchant rock to make it move faster and throw it at the nearest demon.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2013, 07:03:39 am »

((OOC: Also, my chars inspiration is based on dance and not instrument :P It's really only a fluff thing))
((Yeah, I figured, but couldn't really think of anything dance-related to give you. Considered little tamborines or something, but ultimately just copped out with a flute.))

((Does it really matter? I suppose it has to be something 'held' not worn?

When I made the char I was thinking of this sort of flowy ribbon sash thing Tethy's is holding.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But I won't bother you on it anymore. Fluff is fluff.

Also, Ice Captain sucks as a class name :P D'you mind if I think of something better? Makes me sound like a boss from Megaman X.))
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:20:34 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2013, 06:19:19 pm »

Turn 1: Onslaught

Draw one of the demons away from the group.
[6] You run away from the group, shouting and waving your arms. They all barrel after you.

All three of them.

[5+1] vs [2-1] The first savagely pounds you across the jaw, sending you tumbling into the dirt.

-5 HP
+2 Toughness
Now Dabbling Tough

[4+1] vs [4-1] The second pounds on your legs.
((All that stuff about rolls being unmodified is suspended at least for the moment. Sorry for the flagrant lies.))

-2 HP
+3 Toughness

[1+1] vs [3-1] You narrowly roll out of the way of the third one bringing its meaty fists down in a slamming motion.

+3 Dodging
Now Dabbling Dodger

Draw upon the speed of the wolf, and lunge at the closest one with my spear.
Your wolf's speed isn't likely to help with just stabbing one, so you do so normally instead.

[1+1] vs [3] Which is unfortunate, because you really could have used that wolf's speed.

Summon some zombies to attack the demons, and (If we are technically outside haven) have one sneak off and make some potions that I can sell off later.
((Strikeout or edit your old actions.))

You decide not to commit suicide by attempting an advanced spell from a school you're completely unfamiliar with.

"Aha! Let us...um...hm, one moment."

Locate a stick, conveniently-shaped rock, or other object to use as a weapon.
[2] There is nothing but sand you can pry off the sides of one of the cracks in the dirt.

Summon some zombies to attack the demons, and (If we are technically outside haven) have one sneak off and make some potions that I can sell off later.
((You're well outside Haven.

However, you're not a Summoner and summoning multiple zombies would probably be at least an Adept level spell.

Are you sure? >:3))
Evil lolcat? Is that even possible?
((You're new, aren't you? Bah, I'll just say yes to keep this short.))

"Stay close everyone, fight together!"

Instill the fighting spirit of the people with a nice tune in C Major.

...Or do the same tune, however aiming a gust of wind at the demons' legs to preferably knock them over or interrupt their momentum.

((I think me and Dwarmin should be updated on our statuses? I'm quite blank on my skills, thanks :) Also, lack of RP. XD))
"Fighting spirit" and "people" are rather vague, so you just enhance the resolve of that guy who's being beaten to death.

[1+1-1] And by "enhance the resolve" you mean "fill with despair at his weakness."

Next 3 attacks vs Joe deal +1 dmg each

Sia scowled at the demonic soldiers.

They may get her in the end...but she was going to take some of them with her as she went.

Action: Ice Blast one Demon full power!

((The picture isn't working for me, but yeah, you can have a useless sash instead of a useless instrument. You may also try to think of a better name than Ice Captain, which really is terrible.

Also note that unlike weapon attacks, purely damaging magic attacks still have bad effects on a natural 1.))

[6+2] vs [2] You scream and launch a ball of ice at one of the demons. Instead of wounding it, the projectile flash-freezes it. A moment later, it cracks slightly in a dozen different areas, and falls over.

Demon slain

Imbue my sword with lightning and prepare to counter.
[2+1-1] You can't get the lightning to stick to the blade!

Well i suppose i should have thought of getting some weapon before trying to kill demons...

Pick up and enchant rock to make it move faster and throw it at the nearest demon.
[4] You find a small stone.

[6+1-1] You enhance it to carry momentum better, as rocks are wont to do. You don't have time to throw it yet, though.

+2 Enchanting

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
Re: Outlands RTD [Turn 1: Onslaught]
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2013, 06:39:06 pm »

Draw upon the speed of the wolf (again) and charge at the nearest demon, to try and get there in time to prevent Joe from being beaten to a pulp.  The increased speed should hopefully allow me to hit the demon with more force when I charge.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2013, 06:40:42 pm »

Why did I get the negative affect from the song and not anyone else?

Punch demons in faces.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2013, 06:51:20 pm »

((Because in the absence of a specific target and in the interest of avoiding huge penalties, I had Tiruin target just you.))

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2013, 06:54:02 pm »

See if there is anything in this wasteland to make a healing potion with my alchemy skill, or maybe a poison for the demons.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:11:16 pm by cattouchdis »
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2013, 06:57:00 pm »

"Aha! Perfect!"

Grab a handful of sand, and enchant it to fly towards eyes when thrown. Throw at the demons! There is no way this can go wrong that will be recounted once this adventure is over!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2013, 07:00:07 pm »

Suck some lifeforce from a demon and use it to heal Joe Bridger.
((That is a thing that I can do with necromancy right?))
((Well, there are ComplicationsTM to that.

Sucking the life out of things to heal yourself is definitely within Necromancy. Sucking the life out of things to heal others is possible but far more difficult.

Demons also... do not play well with life draining effects. Some necromancers can supposedly handle it, but usually trying to drain the life out of a demon works about as well as trying to slurp the juice out of a ball of tar.))

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2013, 07:12:09 pm »

Suck some lifeforce from a demon and use it to heal Joe Bridger.
((That is a thing that I can do with necromancy right?))
((Well, there are ComplicationsTM to that.

Sucking the life out of things to heal yourself is definitely within Necromancy. Sucking the life out of things to heal others is possible but far more difficult.

Demons also... do not play well with life draining effects. Some necromancers can supposedly handle it, but usually trying to drain the life out of a demon works about as well as trying to slurp the juice out of a ball of tar.))
Edited my action to not try to drain the life out of a demon.
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2013, 10:55:09 pm »

Sia noticed the wolf-warrior was charging into fight, and decided to help him with a quick paced, mildly distracting dance.

She felt the ebb and flow of magic around her as she spun and twirled...

Action: Inspire Danath's impetuous charge with a rousing dance!

Also, change my class name to 'Icedancer'. Just because.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2013, 11:03:51 pm »

((Interesting, I can't affect a whole group yet, huh?

Novice. Right.))

C MAJOR. C MAJOR!

THAT'S A MINOR KEY!

"Eep."

Knockback the demons with a precise gust of wind!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 04:34:25 am by Tiruin »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2013, 04:16:24 am »

Shock the last demon.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2013, 07:56:31 pm »

Turn 2: Technical Victories

Sia noticed the wolf-warrior was charging into fight, and decided to help him with a quick paced, mildly distracting dance.

She felt the ebb and flow of magic around her as she spun and twirled...

Action: Inspire Danath's impetuous charge with a rousing dance!

Also, change my class name to 'Icedancer'. Just because.

[4+1-1] Your dance doesn't have much power to it, but it flows nicely, filling him with the seed of bloodlust.

Danath gains: If next attack would finish an enemy with 1 more damage, deal 1 more damage

+1 Inspiration

Draw upon the speed of the wolf (again) and charge at the nearest demon, to try and get there in time to prevent Joe from being beaten to a pulp.  The increased speed should hopefully allow me to hit the demon with more force when I charge.
[5+2-3] Paying no heed to your own limits, you slam into one of the demons with the force of a berserk predator.

[1+1+1] vs [6] Unfortunately it then flips you over itself as it falls backwards, sending you rolling away without having damaged it.

+3 Wolf Animism
Demon prone

Punch demons in faces.
[4+1]  vs [4] You punch straight up into the demon's chin, but it tilts its head at the last minute and you just sort of graze its face.

[5+1+1] vs [4] It then shows you how punching is done, bringing one of its massive fists down where your head used to be. You squirm to the side, but still catch some of it on your shoulder.

1 dmg dealt to demon
-3 HP
+2 Toughness
Now Novice Tough

See if there is anything in this wasteland to make a healing potion with my alchemy skill, or maybe a poison for the demons.
In your immediate vicinity, no. Well, maybe your allies.

It's a bit harder to say for certain about the region in general without wandering off to explore it, but it looks pretty barren from what you've seen.

"Aha! Perfect!"

Grab a handful of sand, and enchant it to fly towards eyes when thrown. Throw at the demons! There is no way this can go wrong that will be recounted once this adventure is over!
[1+1-1] You scrape off a handful of sand, then enchant it to fly truer and straighter when thrown. It occurs to you that you lack the knowledge to make it seek out the eyes specifically.

Or at least, you try to and you assume so, respectively. Your sand blows up in your face instead, apparently something going wrong with future momentum versus current pure energy, and it does a pretty good job of nailing you right in the eyes. Probably because they were right there and staring at it.

In any case, it hurts a lot and you can't see.

-2 HP
Blinded!

((Interesting, I can't affect a whole group yet, huh?

Novice. Right.))

C MAJOR. C MAJOR!

THAT'S A MINOR KEY!

"Eep."

Knockback the demons with a precise gust of wind!
[5+2-2] vs [5] You blast the still-standing demon with a well-placed gust of wind, but it turns slightly and tanks the force, not budging.

+2 Air Magic

Shock the last demon.
[6+1] vs [6] You scream "UNLIIIIIIIMITED POOOOOOWAAAAAAAH!" as you unleash a torrent of lightning from your fingertips. Unfortunately the demon holds out its hand and absorbs most of the force, taking only light charring in the process.

1 dmg dealt to demon
+1 Lightning Magic

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16