Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV  (Read 3745 times)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
Shin Megami Tensei IV
« on: July 10, 2013, 12:06:07 am »

So i saw there was no thread and this comes out this month.  I've got it preordered and all already.

Interesting note:
If you register a copy of Shin Megami Tensei IV and Fire Emblem Awakening before August 31 you'll get 30$ of eshop cash (North America gets this).

If you preorder from amazon you get some ridiculous looking armor as an added free DLC.

Here's a video of the unboxing:http://youtu.be/KFMGHbo0ItY
Even it it is $50, the 176 page book had sold me due to its size.  The bonus cash simply sealed the deal.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 12:23:12 am »

* Sirus adds another Thing To Get to his list
Thankfully, I expect to start making a decent amount of income soon, so this will help tremendously.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 12:36:32 am »

Sweet. I heard people complaining about the price but if books and stuff are included, it makes it worth it. Plus SMT on a handheld! It's like Strange Journey but with like 3 times the demons!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 12:54:33 am »

Plus this DS game comes with DLC!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 01:33:00 am »

GIVE ME!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 07:39:49 pm »

Also, I recently got SMT Soul Hackers and its pretty awesome as well.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 07:52:08 pm »

Does anyone know if this game includes level-up mechanics from the demons? That's something I feel was missing from a lot of the series, and even in Strange Journey they were mostly just tiny, comparatively small stat boosts and an occasional random bonus (useless skill, item, d-source)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 07:57:34 pm »

I'm not sure, generally you're not supposed to actually level your demons in any SMT game.  Instead you fuze them to better types.  I mean in soul hackers they don't even have experience and never ever level.  And that's just fine because the game is balanced for that.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 08:16:46 pm »

Does anyone know if this game includes level-up mechanics from the demons? That's something I feel was missing from a lot of the series, and even in Strange Journey they were mostly just tiny, comparatively small stat boosts and an occasional random bonus (useless skill, item, d-source)
I think one of the biggest changes is in learning skills, this time.  If I understand it right, the hero can learn active skills from demons, and it appears to happen on level-up.  It's not a bonus to the demons themselves, but it does give motivation to level your demons up if they have skills you'd like to have. 

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 08:31:14 pm »

I'm not sure, generally you're not supposed to actually level your demons in any SMT game.  Instead you fuze them to better types.  I mean in soul hackers they don't even have experience and never ever level.  And that's just fine because the game is balanced for that.

Yeah, they had it that way in the original SMT games, too.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 08:36:04 pm »

So I guess an important question is: could you play this game despite never having played a SMT or Persona title before?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 08:38:06 pm »

So I guess an important question is: could you play this game despite never having played a SMT or Persona title before?
yep and the persona series is a completely different game series there some tie in with one of the SMT but otherwise it it own world. 
heck the persona series you don't need to play them to get the other besides 4 and 3 mix it up with Arena which is a fighting game 
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 08:44:19 pm »

yep and the persona series is a completely different game series there some tie in with one of the SMT but otherwise it it own world. 
heck the persona series you don't need to play them to get the other besides 4 and 3 mix it up with Arena which is a fighting game
Interestingly enough there is something that could be considered "Continuation" in Persona 4. A few of the Characters of 3 appear in 4 as side characters and are hinted at being around. I found it interesting to find that out myself...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 08:47:48 pm »

Interestingly enough there is something that could be considered "Continuation" in Persona 4. A few of the Characters of 3 appear in 4 as side characters and are hinted at being around. I found it interesting to find that out myself...
All the persona are in the same universe
P1 1996
P2 1999
P3 2009-2010
P4/A 2011-2012
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:51:57 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 08:52:11 pm »

So I can play without needing to refer to reference guides for the previous games. Excellent. I hate it when a game or book constantly refers to events that happened in a previous release :P

Pages: [1] 2