Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: (SG) Starfire Spinoff: A Soldiers Journey  (Read 9012 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Starfire Spinoff: A Soldiers Journey
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2013, 12:31:31 pm »

((OOC: It seems, at least to me, that you may have missed a clue or two... Can you be certain Dr Strangelove is the only one you could be suspicious of?))

I don't like the looks of this entire outfit - Delver handpicked us, Frankenstein loves to experiment, Strangelove... well, he's Strangelove. And we know nothing about him. Plus there's Sweetland, who, while a childhood friend, is also not above suspicion by any means. Childhood friendship only goes so far, and it was awfully convenient that those alien things attacked just as we were beginning to seriously resist the treatment they tried to force upon us.

I don't trust any of them, and advise meticulous eradication for the entire lot. It's the only way to be sure.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2013, 01:43:37 pm »

((OOC: I'll tell you one thing,as i dont really want you to have no allies. Maria Sweetland would never consciously betray you. When i said you were like sisters, i meant it. Hell, i meant you were so close you might as well be conjoined)).

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2013, 01:53:48 pm »

((OOC: I'll tell you one thing,as i dont really want you to have no allies. Maria Sweetland would never consciously betray you. When i said you were like sisters, i meant it. Hell, i meant you were so close you might as well be conjoined)).

Emphasis mine, as is the paranoia. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2013, 11:56:15 am »

((OOC: I'll tell you one thing,as i dont really want you to have no allies.)).

Oh, but our good not-yet-returned-to-manhood-man has allies. Very good ones in fact, as far as paranoia and insanity go. But noted, dully.

Also, suspicions about Delver and Frankenstein are to conjoin with my initial doubts about Delver!
Good work there, Agent Baldman - we were about to fall into their trap.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2013, 12:39:44 pm »

Hm... brain surgery, eh? Consider advances in neurology recently. Would it be possible to excise all of these "fond" memories with properly-applied machine surgery?

You ponder the recent advances in brain surgery. Although no neuroscientist or neurosurgeon, you are sufficiently skilled to know that even with the most advanced machines in this hospital, it would be impossible to remove or alter memories. Add in to the fact that through your veins flows VI-controlled, powerful nanites that maintain, repair and reinforce most aspects of your body and abilities, then modifying memories, either against your will or not, is highly improbable. Someone would ahve to have a way of disabling the billions of nanites in your body first.

Grow Suspicions on Dr. Strangelove
Something or the other is fishy here - just asking your own thoughts will prove so. He is the only one we could suspect to do anything harmfull to our psyche. Get some data on the guy, maybe even from your peers.

Yeah.. get some data. By any means necessary. Search for some kind of "truth serum".
If we need to get our fingers dirty on this, we might as well go full force.

You think about Strangelove more. Although you do believe he is a nice man, he is very mysterious. You wonder if it would be possible to delve into his history a bit more..... Although, it would be difficult as, due to the evacuation of Anfalas Station, all of his documentation and computers were left behind. He does have his personal wrist computer, however you think he would notice if you tried to access something that was on his wrist.

Your medical knowledge tells you that a truth serum with the ability to effect a Vanguardian (which you are, by the way) is almost impossible due to the same reason poisoning one is highly improbable: If the nanites or their central hubs in your body dont recognise the invading toxin, they round it up and destroy it before it can take effect.

You suddenly realise you are standing in the middle of the hospital, staring into space. There is a guard at the other end of the room. he is staring at you with a funny look on his face. It is then you realise that you said that you are "Thinking of strangelove" out loud. You give the guard a weak smile. He backs away slowly.

What do you do now?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2013, 02:35:32 pm »

Oh god. Even the guards are in on it?! This is bigger than we thought...

Anyways, I think we can agree that Sweetland, who is supposed to be our woman childhoodfriend will be suspectible to prying into such matters. Just tell her that the previous experience has opened up some questions, and while we are certain that we are not a man (ha-ha, yeah, right. We are, but we need to fool her) it would do our psyche some good if she would awnser them.

Watch her face closely when she does so. If there is even a hint of false-ness, we just as well might presume the opposite of what she is trying to feed us!

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2013, 04:40:50 pm »

Oh god. Even the guards are in on it?! This is bigger than we thought...

Anyways, I think we can agree that Sweetland, who is supposed to be our woman childhoodfriend will be suspectible to prying into such matters. Just tell her that the previous experience has opened up some questions, and while we are certain that we are not a man (ha-ha, yeah, right. We are, but we need to fool her) it would do our psyche some good if she would awnser them.

Watch her face closely when she does so. If there is even a hint of false-ness, we just as well might presume the opposite of what she is trying to feed us!

After having a brief paranoia moment when you think that the guards are watching you., you decide to go and talk to Maria.

You walk through the hallways until you get to the area designated for medical workers. You walk along until you see Maria Sweetland on one of the holo-cards the doors have on their outer side. You knock on the metal door and wait for it to open.
You find Maria dressed in only a night dress laying on her bed in her room, reading a paper book and sipping at a cup of hot chocolate. She looks like she is about to settle down for the night. She looks your way as you approach and smiles.

"Whats up, sis?" she says, putting her book on her bed side table.

"Well" you say, fidgeting slightly. "I'd just like to say sorry for my crazy moment back on the station. I know I'm not male. I haven't got a clue what went wrong but i hope it doesn't happen again." You pause a second. Maria is still smiling. She gets up and gives you a hug.

"Don't worry, sweety. I wont stop loving you just because you got a bit confused after a checkup. It was easily fixed."

After she lets you go, she looks at you again. You continue.

"I have done some thinking, and there are some.....questions....I'd like you to answer for me, if you can."

Without any hesitation, she answers "Sure! Ask away".

What do you ask her?

((OOC: you know, this game would be more fun with more suggestions.))
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 04:42:39 pm by kahn1234 »

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2013, 05:46:38 pm »

How did I forgot most of my memories?
How did we first meet?
Who attacked us on the station?
And why did they attacked?

No particular order

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2013, 06:01:59 pm »

How did I forgot most of my memories?
How did we first meet?
Who attacked us on the station?
And why did they attacked?

No particular order

"Well, to put it bluntly, I dont know. We think it had something to do with the automated psionic device used during the military mental examinations. Although how and why it screwed up your brain is anyone's guess." She said, looking genuinely apologetic.

She ponders your next question, although not for long. "That ones easy. We met when we were 5. We lived across from one another in the same residential complex on New Alexandretta. We used to play together for hours each and every day. Even when we went to school for 6 years from the age of 6, we were pretty much inseparable. Its like we clicked together like pieces of a jig-saw puzzle. Oh the things we used to get up to....before that happened....." She frowns.

"As for who attacked us, we aren't entirely sure what they are or how many sub-races make up their total force. Hell, we dont even know where they come from or why they are attacking us. All we know is that they make the other races we usually have conflicting interests with look like ants. They are the only ones whoa re any real threat to a full Vanguard military battle-group." She says.

"Noone knows anything else about them. Any more questions?"

Do you want to ask anything else?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2013, 08:18:18 am »

An automated psionic device, eh? Sounds rather interesting. What's so psionic about this device, and how does it work? Ask Sweetland about this.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2013, 03:12:02 pm »

The Omnious "that" that happened. We must secure this information.
I think it might be "when we were changed". She remembers, dammit! They must threaten her to keep her quiet, that must be it. No way our woman is backstabbing us, right?!

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2013, 04:08:08 pm »

An automated psionic device, eh? Sounds rather interesting. What's so psionic about this device, and how does it work? Ask Sweetland about this.

You ask Maria about the psionic device.

"I'm a doctor, not a Psionic Master. You would have to try and get an appointment with one of the very rare Psionics in Vanguardia. But i wouldn't hold out much hope to see one. They are usually kept busy and, for some reason, Vanguardians never seem to have more than a handful, unlike the Council races. But its better than Traditional Humans on Earth. They have none."

The Omnious "that" that happened. We must secure this information.
I think it might be "when we were changed". She remembers, dammit! They must threaten her to keep her quiet, that must be it. No way our woman is backstabbing us, right?!

She frowns when you ask about the 'ominous "that"'.

"It seems not all your memories returned. Are you sure you dont remember? It was roughly twelve years ago, when we were celebrating your 31st Birthday. Our home, New Alexandria, came under attack from the Unknown Menace, as it came to be called back then. We didn't know at the time, but ours was one of three systems to come under simultaneous attack. It was chaos. To cut a long story short, we both lost our families, our homes, and everything we had built....." She quiets for a moment, eyes tearing up. You sit and budge closer to her, putting your arm around her shoulders. She rests her head on your shoulder. "We managed to escape with a squad of pathfinders. The Nova Pathfinders, who were on New Alexandria for part of their training. From there we were returned to our posts at Anfalas station, where we have been ever since." She raises her head. "If you have forgotten, you are 44 years old at the moment. I'm 44 too." She gives you a small smile. "Memory loss must be a bitch to contend with.."

She gets up and paces a bit before grabbing a bag of cookies from her small kitchen. "Share them with me? It seems you are going to be spending the trip in my room anyway and you seem to have lots of questions." She pauses at your puzzled look. "Oh, didn't they tell you? half the medical staff dont have rooms, so we have to share. Sleeping in the same bed, just like when we were younger and had sleep overs" She giggles, plopping down on the bed beside you with the cookies, her night gown flapping open as she does so. You smile as you realise that Maria's naughty habit of not wearing much when relaxing hasn't changed. She still lazes around the house wearing nothing but her nightgown and tonight is no different, as she is completely naked underneath the gown.

"So, do you have any more questions?" She asks.

Any more questions? Or are you going to settle down for the night, eating cookies and reminiscing with Maria whilst watching the holovision?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2013, 04:16:41 pm »

Ask if it's really psionics if they can just automate that shit, and what's the use in a Psionic Master, going by the same logic. Aren't psionics supposed to be this mental thing? As in, originating from the mind/soul/whatever? Or do they stick brains into these machines?

That would be pretty cool, sticking brains into machines. Anyway, though, take a third option: see if there's a library of some kind on the ship. Look up psionics, what they are, if such information is available. Failing that, check up on alien races. The information so far has been frustratingly vague and unhelpful.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2013, 04:21:56 pm »

I say we hold off for now.
We have the rare chance to spend some (sadly quite limited, true) quality time with our woman. We should enjoy it.

Any more questions or suspicious behaviour might alarm her - and thus in turn "them".
Whoever "them" are. We really have caused enough trouble for one day. Low profile, Agent Baldman.

They might have replaced her memories of "those times" with something else. Let`s make some humourus diggs into that area, and see where it flows to.
Maybe this can become a bit more "like it used to be"...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2013, 04:26:07 pm »

I say we hold off for now.
We have the rare chance to spend some (sadly quite limited, true) quality time with our woman. We should enjoy it.

Any more questions or suspicious behaviour might alarm her - and thus in turn "them".
Whoever "them" are. We really have caused enough trouble for one day. Low profile, Agent Baldman.

They might have replaced her memories of "those times" with something else. Let`s make some humourus diggs into that area, and see where it flows to.
Maybe this can become a bit more "like it used to be"...

Actually, yes, do this instead. Certainly, one should keep a low profile for now. But still, psionics should be on our priority list. And don't get too carried away in the reminiscing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10