Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: (SG) Starfire Spinoff: A Soldiers Journey  (Read 9020 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Starfire Spinoff: A Soldiers Journey
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2013, 07:08:09 pm »

i think Nova Pathfinders have take a page out of the SAS's book and this is all a test to see how we handle being integrated.
attack them
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2013, 08:54:46 pm »

The more suspicious we are of this reality the more is seems to be a simulations. Trying rejecting this reality as it is obviously false. See if we go throw something as those corners the doctors were staring at while we keep an eye on what they are doing.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2013, 02:24:59 pm »

i think Nova Pathfinders have take a page out of the SAS's book and this is all a test to see how we handle being integrated.
attack them

You attempt to attack them for some reason. You fail horribly and trip. The Professor looks at you, shaking his head.

"Get on the table now, woman! Someone has initiated the base-wide augmented reality protocols we use for training and there may even be several of our enemies inside the base. The faster we get this procedure over with the faster we can get you out of here!

Okay, three presumably invisible unknowns, a simulation of some kind.

Run into one of the spots that the doctors were focusing on. See if situation gets better or far more unusual.

If not, become primed for murder/violent self-defense.

Instead of listening to the professor, you about face and run into one of the locations in the room the Doctors were focusing on.

"VAT ARE YOU DOINK, YOU STUPID VOMAN!" shouts Dr Frankenstein "Aw frankfurters". He rapidly whips out a weapon that looks like a cross between a carbine and a hand cannon, aiming it towards you. He pulls the trigger and a shockingly loud boom fills the room, followed almost instantaneously by a skriek. You spin around, coming face to face with a humanoid yet scary alien species.

"They extended the augmented reality training system to the entire facility! They are using it as cover to mask their movements!" Exclaims Dr Sweetland, so fast that you can barely catch all the words. However you realise that they weren't directed at you, but to the people on the other side of her communications device she has attached to her ear, looking eerily like a mini version of the archaic bluetooth ear device.

The Professor pulls out a similar weapon to Frankenstein and fires two rounds towards the door, killing another one of the aliens. Dr Strangelove is unfortnate enough to receive a shot to the thigh, which sends him down, at least temporarily.

The more suspicious we are of this reality the more is seems to be a simulations. Trying rejecting this reality as it is obviously false. See if we go throw something as those corners the doctors were staring at while we keep an eye on what they are doing.

In the mayhem, you try to throw something at one of the places you think the attackers may be. You grab a rack of test tubes and throw them (like a girl) at the place the doctors seem to be focusing on at the moment and you manage to hit the alien. The alien must have had a very bad hold on its weapon, as that drops from its grip and skids across the floor. However, as it becomes visible, you see this particular alien has 3 pairs of arms, each ending in viciously clawed hands.

You, being an inexperienced raw recruit with not even basic training, promptly scream like a little girl and go and hide behind the MAPS machine. WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING?!?!? You ask yourself, mentally.

What do you do now.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:27:29 pm by kahn1234 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 02:31:12 pm »

That is certainly very interesting. Calm yourself. Clearly things are looking up for you. They were planning to do who-knows-what with you with that device.

Also, these certainly are viciously incompetent aliens. So you're in hardly any trouble at all. See if there are any scalpels handy while they do their shooty-bang-bang thing. Or other tools, like a syringeful of sedatives.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2013, 02:40:13 pm »

You try to calm yourself, but end up making yourself even more hysterical. You do manage to retain some of your sense of mind,though.

The only sedatives you can see are in a locked storage cupboard. There are no scalpels in the room. Your memory briefly flashes the sign 'MENTAL ANALYSIS SUIT'. Of course there are no scalpels here! Its not a surgery theatre or a standard medical ward. They dont need scalpels! You think to yourself.

As you are talking to yourself mentally, an alarm starts blearing.

"WARNING! WARNING! ANFALAS STATION IS UNDER ATTACK BY UNKNOWN HOSTILES! ALL PERSONNAL PLEASE REPORT TO THE EVACUATION POINT.

What do you do now?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:42:09 pm by kahn1234 »

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2013, 03:24:16 pm »

This is pretty stupid for a Slinkar to attack a Vanguard station. I think they might be allies, I say we just sit and wait or just run in the general confusion. Plus, how the hell they even be able to access Vanguard technology since I thought only humans and Vanguard can use it.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2013, 06:01:02 pm »

Grab the aliens gun then try to exit the station with our rescuers.
yes the three armed aliens must be mounting a recuse mission to save us from a brain washing by the evil doctors.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2013, 06:12:01 pm »

Have the doctors left or died horribly yet? If so, have they left the alien gun on the ground? If this is the case, pick it up. Perhaps you'll be able to sell it in a pawn shop later. After all, your chances at a military career now are rather slim or nonexistent, largely because the military are a bunch of friggin' creeps. Maybe you can do small-scale merc work instead, you never know.

Anyhow, don't follow the warnings. Keep calm. You are in very little danger, as these aliens are A) clearly viciously incompetent, B) distracting the rather wonky and suspicious personnel of the place.

Therefore, lift the alien gun off the ground and hopefully proceed to a window of some kind. Take a look outside. Enjoy the tranquil sights.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2013, 11:44:44 am »

This is pretty stupid for a Slinkar to attack a Vanguard station. I think they might be allies, I say we just sit and wait or just run in the general confusion. Plus, how the hell they even be able to access Vanguard technology since I thought only humans and Vanguard can use it.

((OOC: I never said they were Slinkar.... *evil grin* Remember, the Moray didnt know the whole story.....))

You try to leave on your own as the doctors and Professor battle the last alien, who goes down under a hail of gunfire, but you run smack bang into two guards as they charge throgh the now unlocked door. They tower over you, both being at least 6 foot 6 inches to your 5 foot 7. They look from you, to the doctors, to the dead aliens.

"Grab her and put her on the examination bench. She is mentally ill and needs to been seen to before we reach the Vanguard Spacefleet Medical Corps (VMSC) on the VMN (Vanguard Military Navy) Arbiter!" You turn to see that the professor has noticed your absence from your former position behind the MAPS machine.

The two guards reach to grab you, but you jump away. You turn back to face the guards, noticing that the three doctors and the professor have also turned towards you and positioning themselves to surround you. A bit further behind you is the MAPS machine, to your left is the alien weapon, which gets kicked further away from you, preventing your plan of grabbing it and using it to bluff your way past.

The two guards start towards you, one hitting the 'close' button for the door.

You are surrounded.

What do you do?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2013, 12:24:16 pm »

Get down and dive through any suitably large opening leading to the outer hallway. Say, along the side of the doorframe, through the guard's legs, that kind of thing. Then run like hell.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2013, 01:05:13 pm »

if that fail start singing three bind mice in your head.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2013, 09:57:16 am »

You surprise the guards by trying to dive through their legs. They reach for you so fast that their arms are a blur, and you are halfway through the closing door when they grab your ankles and drag you back under it. You kick at them, trying to get free before the door closes fully.

You plant a good kick on the face of one guard, however that only causes his nose to dribble blood. The other guard grins and grabs your thigh, pulling you further back into the room whilst also pinning you down.

You kick again, kicking the same guard on the chin. He rocks back slightly, but he quickly recovers and he, too, grabs your thigh. The door is now almost closed.

Resigning yourself to the fact that you wont get out that way, you scan the room for any other exits. None, except for a small vent high up in one corner.

One guard is now sat on the small of your back, trying to get your flailing arms under control. The other is sat on your elgs, holding them down.

The 4 medical professionals are also converging on you after making sure the aliens were dead. You can hear serious fighting thundering through the station, and the odd explosion here and there.

There are broken test tubes around you, broken after they hit the ground due to being thrown at an angry alien.

What do you do?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2013, 10:11:31 am »

See if you can manage to steal some sort of weapon from one of the guards and disable them with it or at least grab a bit of broken glass to stab the guard in the fleshy bits with, like the ear or the eye, for instance.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2013, 02:12:15 pm »

Yes we must fight harder to buy time for our rescuers.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2013, 03:42:29 pm »

You manage to get onto your back, and start struggling with the man on your abdomen. You smack his hands away and try reaching for one of the pieces of broken glass. You manage to grab a small bit, which you use to stab the guard in the cheek. He actually gets off of you, clutching his face and the bloody gash you left there.

However, your small victory is short lived as the doctors jump on you, pinning you down.

You are picked up by the arms and legs and manhandled over to the MAPS machine. Your body is strapped in, immobilizing you. Special pads, sensors and the like are attached to your entire body, but mostly your head, by Dr Sweetland. Once she gives the Professor, who now stands behind a computer panel, the thumbs up, the examination table you are on slides under the machine.

For a few minutes, nothing happens, but you can hear the humming of the machine that indicates it is doing something. After a while, you start to relax, although the feeling doesn't last as a feeling similar to a dam breaking washes over you, memories flooding back, a wave of knowledge spreading to every corner of your brain.

The broken memories you first felt after waking up in Dr Sweetland's room are now expanded and augmented by memories from throughout your life. You realise that you are, in fact, female. All your friends, family and knowledge comes screaming back into your head. It is not painful, but it feels as though someone is literally pouring something into your brain.

You then realise that you did in fact know the 3 Doctors and the Professor. The Professor was your mentor, and the 3 doctors good friends you went to medical university with. You deduce that your previous relationships with them is why they were so desperate to help you and so worried about you, apart from you being their patient.

Eventually the stream of information stops, and the table extends once again from the MAPS machine. Your bonds release on their own and you sit up. Dr Sweetland rushes towards you, looking into your eyes.

"Do you remember me, Figs?"

Behind her, the other doctors and the professor are also standing there, looking quite anxious.

What do you do now?

((OOC: I've come to a conclusion after this update to stop using the dice rolling websites i was using. they are giving you constant low rolls. From now on i will use a real dice. I dont want it to seem like i am ignoring the people who suggest things. Sorry about the low rolls.)).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10