Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: (SG) Starfire Spinoff: A Soldiers Journey  (Read 9000 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Starfire Spinoff: A Soldiers Journey
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2013, 11:52:00 am »

Sit back and enjoy the bloody fireworks. Grab the gun discreetly if we do not have to move too far (more than a meter) from our position - strictly for self-defense, naturally. Focus on not revealing your presence to this rather insane woman. The doctor is of no use to us, and thus we need not perform any valiant sacrifices or heroics for him.

As you wait, think of who this woman reminds you of. Yourself? Maria? Somebody else?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:55:45 am by Harry Baldman »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2013, 12:19:26 pm »

You think for a moment of sitting back and not getting involved, however your conscience kicks in and screams at you for even so much as thinking that. That is what a coward would think. Although you may not trust Strangelove after reading his history, you dont want him dead.

As you weigh up your options, you try to think again about who the woman reminds you of. You still cannot picture her, but you do think you met her recently.....

As you look towards Strangelove's gun, a notion plops itself in your mind?

<'What if i am one of them? What if i am from the same 'batch' and Dr Strangelove created me? It would explin a lot of things, such as my fizzy memory and my feeling of knowing the mysterious woman.....' You ponder the notion for a few seconds. It gives you an idea.

You judge the distance to Strangelove's gun to be about 2 metres. Not far, and it is in shadows.

Crouching, you make your way over to the gun. Glancing at the woman, it seems she is too engrossed in tormenting the poor doctors with various bullet hole sin his arms, legs and crotch to notice you. Picking up the gun, and getting used to its weight, you sneak back to your place to the woman's right.

Checking to make sure the guns safety is off, you step out, aiming the gun for the woman's head.

"I think that is more than enough. Leave the Doctor alone." You say, trying to sound more confident than you feel.

The woman jumps, clearly shocked. She wheels around and aims her gun at you.

"Who are..." She starts to say, before she gets a good look at you, her eyes widening. "Its YOU!".

"Damn." Is all you hear Dr Strangelove say.

What do you say or do now?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 12:22:45 pm by kahn1234 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2013, 12:25:53 pm »

Shoot Dr. Strangelove in the lumbar region, with a hearty "Just kidding!" added. She won't expect that. And it'll be a demonstration of our own confusion, if not outright friendly intent.

Then open diplomatic communication, with such interesting questions as "Who are you?" and "Who am I?" asked of the woman, with the odd "I get the feeling my thoughts and memories may have been insidiously manipulated for a nefarious goal, do you have a similar feeling?" thrown in.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 12:27:55 pm by Harry Baldman »

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2013, 12:32:35 pm »

Shoot Dr. Strangelove in the lumbar region, with a hearty "Just kidding!" added. She won't expect that. And it'll be a demonstration of our own confusion, if not outright friendly intent.

Then open diplomatic communication, with such interesting questions as "Who are you?" and "Who am I?" asked of the woman, with the odd "I get the feeling my thoughts and memories may have been insidiously manipulated for a nefarious goal, do you have a similar feeling?" thrown in.

^ This works.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2013, 12:41:04 pm »

^ This works.
It does. On too many levels as that anything but a +1 would be in order.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2013, 10:43:52 pm »

Tell them both not to move and see what happens.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2013, 01:13:03 pm »

((Double Update tomorrow. Been very busy. Very sorry. And i accidentally hit the refresh button and lost a nice update.....that has really pissed me off.))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 01:15:03 pm by kahn1234 »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2013, 02:37:53 pm »

With a small shout of "Just kidding!" you shoot Dr Strangelove in the lumbar region, eliciting a small groan and a "Damn women.." from him. You then shift your aim towards the now thoroughly confused woman, who is rapidly switching between you and Strangelove with her aim. Seeing you turn your attention to her, she aims her gun at you.

"I want to know who the hell you are and how you know me and Dr Strangelove!" You say, trying to sound more confident that you feel. You have never shot anyone before. "And i want to know if you know of any way of tampering with memories. I feel like mine have been tampered with, although i cannot find any discrepancies....." Staring straight at the woman, you use both hands to steady your aim. You dont want to appear frightened.

The Woman smiles. "Aaaaah, all in good time, dear." She giggles and starts targeting Strangelove again. You pull the trigger and send a round flying past her head.

She scowls at you. "That wasn't very nice." She turns back to you. "If you must know, my name is Alisandre. Only Alisandre, as that was the only name given after......" She pauses, shakes her head and changes the subject. "As for you? I know you, of course. You are Adrianna Figueras 'Figs' Lucero, biomedical engineer, neurosurgeon and cardiovascular surgeon. You and your lover.." She says the word lover with disdain "...worked with Dr Strangelove on his projects." She smiled. "I bet you dont remember that, do you?" SHe takes a few steps towards you, reducing the distance to only a few feet.

"As for whether there is something that can manipulate or, in your case, remove memories, you will just have to ask the one person who created one...." She says, pointing towards Strangelove, who is shaking his head. You hear a faint "Damn" come from his direction.

Alisandre tries to get closer to you, but you back away. "Any more questions, mother?" Alisandre asks.

Do you have any more questions for Alisandre? What do you do now?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2013, 02:56:48 pm »

"Back up a bit, sweetie, or I will shoot you in the face. First and only warning."

If she refuses to back up, shoot her in the face, no questions asked. And the heart, too, if ammunition allows. If she does back up, resume civilized conversation.

"So, you see, I really need to know everything you know. No bullshit. Since my memory is gone, I probably must have done something reprehensible by conventional standards, considering that Dr. Strangelove over there was apparently my pal in that."

Ask politely.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2013, 04:47:43 pm »

((Update tomorrow, too tired tonight))

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2013, 05:09:08 am »

"Back up a bit, sweetie, or I will shoot you in the face. First and only warning."

If she refuses to back up, shoot her in the face, no questions asked. And the heart, too, if ammunition allows. If she does back up, resume civilized conversation.

"So, you see, I really need to know everything you know. No bullshit. Since my memory is gone, I probably must have done something reprehensible by conventional standards, considering that Dr. Strangelove over there was apparently my pal in that."

Ask politely.

"Back up, sweetie, or i will blow holes in you. This is your first and only warning" You say, cocking the pistol to make sure you emphasize your point.

Alisandre scowls and backs up so that there is a two metre space between you.

Alisandre looks at you for a long time. You think she looks like she is in intense thought. Or she might be constipated, not sure. Eventually she sighs and sits herself on one of the tables.

"Very well, mother. As it seems someone has taken your memories, i shall tell you what i know. You were a member of a team of scientists and doctors tasked with creating the ideal infiltrator. Dr Strangelove sold it to a....less scrupulous section of the Vanguard intelligence services as Project Doppelganger."

She reaches into one of her pockets and pulls out a small communications device.

"I shall give you this. It contains information, videos and pictures of what actually went on there."

Alisandre walks towards you and hold the device out. "Here."

You debate in your head whether or not to take it. It might be a trap, but then again she might be being honest and cooperative.

What do you do now?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 05:15:51 am by kahn1234 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2013, 06:00:13 am »

"No closer, dear. The previous terms still apply, after all. Just slip it over here along the floor. You are apparently somehow related to said project, after all, and we aren't sufficiently acquainted yet to show full mutual trust."

Back up and say this. Should she not comply within five seconds, repeat request in slightly more intimidating fashion. Should she not comply within ten seconds or worse, actually try anything at any point, shoot her in vital components repeatedly.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2013, 10:28:23 pm »

"No closer, dear. The previous terms still apply, after all. Just slip it over here along the floor. You are apparently somehow related to said project, after all, and we aren't sufficiently acquainted yet to show full mutual trust."

Back up and say this. Should she not comply within five seconds, repeat request in slightly more intimidating fashion. Should she not comply within ten seconds or worse, actually try anything at any point, shoot her in vital components repeatedly.

This works

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2013, 02:27:14 pm »

Update later. just recovering from some horizontal exercise at the moment.....

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2013, 11:30:38 am »

"No closer, dear. The previous ter...." Before you can finish however, Alisandre goes on the offensive. Ducking under your raised gun, she kicks you in the groin which, although you are female, still drops you to the ground. You drop the gun, which she kicks away as she gets you into a full body hold.

"Now...." she purrs in your ear "...you shall answer my questions, mother. Where is the rest of the science team? Your husband, your friend Maria? Frankenstein? Delver? and the several dozen others who made my siblings and I the tools we are? hmmm?"

This is a sudden turn. How do you get out of this? Remember, she is a trained assassin and spy, you are a rather untrained scientist....
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10