Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: (SG) Starfire Spinoff: A Soldiers Journey  (Read 9001 times)

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(SG) Starfire Spinoff: A Soldiers Journey
« on: July 09, 2013, 06:09:51 pm »

((Creators Note: This is a spinoff designed to test whether or not i should restart my other suggestion game that went on hiatus when i lost my job. It should prove interesting and get me back into the mood. Updates may be sporadic.))

Death is lighter than a feather, duty; heavier than mountains

Memories flash through your dreamworld. Your 16th birthday, intercourse with your first serious lover, your 21st birthday, your marriage at 41. All the mistakes you made and payed for. All the achievements you made starkly contrasted against all the failed attempts at success.

As they flash through your mind, they get jumbled, only to reform. You do not know how long you have slept, but it seems a long time. This ever present weight of deep sleep pressing on your consciousness. It seems familiar, like you should know what is doing this, but you cant remember just yet.

A spark of light penetrates your psyche. Then another. You recognise them as the beginnings of awakening.

You swim, or at least it feels like swimming, upwards, towards where the shards of light broke through your mental mist.

And with a short gasp, you open your eyes.

As you open your eyes, you find yourself in a medical examination suit. Across from you sits a pretty petite raven haired beauty, smiling serenely at you, her sharp dark blue eyes alight with unsourced pleasure, examining you thoroughly. Her name tag reads 'Dr Sweetland'.

"Ah, finally awake, are you? Usually candidates dont go that deep during a routine examination. No matter. I have a few questions i wish to ask you that will conclude this Stage 3 examination. How are you feeling? Can you remember and describe yourself? Can you remember your name? and, finally, a really easy question, what gender are you?

Please answer these questions. They may seem trivial, but they will help me gauge whether your mental and physical bodily functions survived the process." She smiles sweetly at you again, her soul-analysing blue eyes shining.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Starfire Spinoff: A Soldiers Journey
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 06:27:58 pm »

Adrianna Figueras Lucero, you can can call me Figs for short. Before I answer your other questions, what is your first name Doctor? What is place? More specifically, Why am I here?

____

I am still looking forward to you continuing your original(if it does happen).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 06:35:38 pm by jaass »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 08:19:45 pm »

Noted. But i am going to update later, hopefully after some other people post.

Maybe i should have said that they should read the other thread as well, as there will be references that might not make sense otherwise.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 06:23:04 am »

Dr Sweetland looks at you quizzically for a moment.

"My first name is Maria, if you must know, although I'm not sure why you would. As for where you are, all i can tell you is that you are in Vanguard Military Medical Hub 92, Anfalas Station, Nova System. Lastly, you are here because you volunteered for the Nova Pathfinders. This was a routine medical checkup, one of 3 before you are accepted into basic training.

I can also tell you that your medical condition is perfectly fine, so far. Now, could you answer my questions before i let you go?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 07:27:50 am »

"Yes, yes, I am Adrianna Figueras Lucero, unofficially known as Figs. I feel... confused and like a bit of a failure. I don't really remember much of myself, though I feel slightly like I've failed to do something important in my life. Finally, I believe that I am male. Is this normal, Dr. Sweetland?"

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 08:30:12 am »

The good doctor is just staring at you. She seems to be studying you thoroughly. It is only under her intense stare that you realise you are, in fact, naked.

"Erm...Well, the confusion and feelings of failure should subside eventually after a few hours. Mental probing can sometimes do that. Memories should return soon enough as well. So far, you should only really remember key historical moments in your life...."

She pauses, again seeming to study you. You feel like she is thinking intensely about something.

"....However, i believe you might have become a little confused. Are you sure you are male?" She glances at your body. You think that may be a hint to look down.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 08:45:34 am »

"I may be confused, Dr. Sweetland, but I am absolutely certain of this. I am male, and there is nothing that can convince me otherwise, real or born of sophistry. I certainly wouldn't be here today if I let such minor details as what others think is true change my way of doing things, would I?"

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 09:24:18 am »

Dr Sweetland mutters to herself, still staring at you. "Odd. Very Odd." She says.

"It seems we may need to do a few tests on you, focusing on your mental state. It seems some things may have gone awry during the medical procedures. Please, Miss...erm, Mr Lucero, go and get dressed over there whilst i make sure that a Mental Analysis room is free." The Dr waves over to a door on the left, turning to her computer as she does so.

You get up, noticing that your 'manly' (sort of. maybe. not really.) body feels far weaker than it usually does. Your hips feel far more mobile than they should and there is a pair of strange weights on your chest. Must be side effects from the medical procedures. They'll probably go away soon. You think to yourself.

You enter the small room. Inside is a medical bed with very female-looking clothes neatly arranged on it, a full size mirror, a small barred window made of very thick, plastic-y looking glass and another door, open, leading to a small on suit bathroom.

What do you do, Miss...sorry...MR Lucero?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 11:40:25 am »

Don't go into a rage over somebody making fun of your hormonal imbalance problem, Mr. Lucero. She probably did not mean anything by it.

Stay calm. She probably did not mean to give you the wrong clothes either.

Though it is awfully insensitive of her to do so in any case. Still, you gotta let this go. Don't screw this up.

See how feminine the clothes are. Are there pants around? What about a shirt?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 04:22:16 pm »

yes there must of been a mistake, we are just big boned thats all
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 04:31:13 pm »

Update tomorrow. Gotta think about the next update.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 07:53:10 am »

You look around for any !MANLY! clothes, but fail to find anything other than the decidedly female clothes on the bed. Some nice shoes, stylish jeans, a nice shirt and a very feminine necklace await on the bed. The rest of the room is devoid of anything resembling clothing of any type, shape or size.

As you are searching, though, you pass the rather large floor to ceiling mirror, catching a glimpse of a woman on the room. You look around but find you are alone. It is only when the woman in the mirror imitates all your movements perfectly that you realise that the woman you are looking at is in fact you.

What do you do?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 09:25:18 am »

It's a hormonal imbalance, dammit! You are not actually a woman!

Nevertheless, put on the jeans and shirt. Pocket the necklace, maybe you'll be able to trade it for something later. Walk around barefoot for now.

Wonder what happens now.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 11:22:08 am »

Don't know perhaps we will start to question what are gender really is. If someone ask about why we don't have shoes on, is tell them that you feel more comfortable with no shoes. Also, don't trade the necklace yet it might be used for idenification or security purposes.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:29:19 am by jaass »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 12:41:30 pm »

With some difficulty you put on the female underwear ((OOC:That i forgot to mention previous update)), the jeans and shirt, preferring to forgo your socks/shoes. As you finish dressing and pocketing the necklace, Dr Sweetland walks in confidently.

"Mental Analysis room 4 is currently free. If you follow me, we can see about correcting whatever has gone wrong with your mental state." She smiles, although her eyes betray her worry.

"Its just a damn hormonal imbalance, dammit!" You say, clearly exasperated that no one except you seems to understand that fact.

"Dear..." You scowl at her. Pausing, she 'corrects' herself. "....Mr Lucero, trust me, I'm a Doctor, and i can assure you that it is not a hormonal imbalance. Your mental state has somehow been altered during the mental probe. It is a very, very rare occurrence, however it should be corrected fairly quickly." She glances down at your feet for a second. "Wait, why aren't you wearing your shoes?"

"I'm more comfortable without shoes on." You say.

The Doctor just shakes her head, yet again muttering "Odd, very odd" under her breath. She turns and starts walking slowly out the room.

"Please, follow me Miss Lucero".

What do you do?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10