Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 70

Author Topic: The Lonely Prince: He Who Shall Serve  (Read 191025 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

@Jim: honestly, no. I don't think she's scum. It's too... convenient. I suspect both you and Leafsnail, but I can't prove anything just yet. Hence why I want her to make a better case. But, I can't make her do better, and I'm okay with lynching her if she doesn't want to. The point is that regardless, she's a liability to the town if she doesn't improve.

Maybe it sounds scummy, but allowing bad cases to exist is a far greater threat. Plus, I doubt I have the evidence to lynch the two of you. Leafsnail maybe, but I don't have the resources to do that right now. You I can deal with later.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Two more votes required for extension to Friday at noon (GMT-8).

Three more hours remaining.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Extend

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Extend.  Need to hear back from the Brothers Sisters Griff.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Extension granted to 12:00 Thursday -8GMT

Six votes required for final extension to 12:00 Monday -8GMT.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

Lenglon snaps awake in her chair, rather thoroughly embarrassed at finding herself dozing in public. after spending several moments speaking to a servant in the room to find out what she missed, she returns to the discussion
"I... Um, Lady Tiruin, I view letting people talk freely, without trying to maximize function and minimize form, as a way to let people express themselves slightly better. It's harder to get a feel for someone's tone, for their... their feeling, if they're trying to keep themselves minimalist. When people speak freely, they usually convey something about their general attitude, how they're feeling, who they are, and so on. For example take Lady Jim. She hasn't been one to express herself much, but what little she has revealed that she has a sense of entitlement and elitism. This matches up well with her behavior since she stopped, and is a sign that we can expect her to remain very independent in her views. This relatively minor (and not at all unexpected) piece of information is just an easy, early example of what I mean. It also is far more meaningful when speaking to someone like Lady Ranger... or is it Lady Zombie now? Well, anyway, for someone like Lady Ranger, who is more expressive in general, it means more because of the complexities that can be woven into it. It is also meaningful when people stop when they had been speaking freely in the past. This is often a symptom of pressure or worry, because it is easier to get caught in a misstatement or to accused of things they don't mean when communicating that way. This kind of corroborating evidence of what someone is feeling or reacting too is useful - particularly when someone is trying to characterize themselves as feeling different from how they actually do. It's just overall an extra information channel, and usefull as a result. Still, I um, I think I understand why some people don't like it. It can be a little difficult for people who aren't paying full attention to understand what is being said. I mean, um, I think they feel their time is really valuable, and that, well, people who aren't being super-concise are kinda... wasting their time? I mean, I know that what is being said is that you can hide that way, but I don't really see how that would really work. It... It's not all that hard to call someone out on not answering something, you know? I've never seen or heard of someone managing to actually do it anyway, so I'm having trouble giving much credit to the accusation that it's an effective trick. I do admit that I worry about people using that as an accusation against me though, and then ignoring what I've been doing and saying in favor of hopping up and down and pointing at all the times I've spoken without restraint. It happened to me in the past, and I didn't handle it well, so I'm afraid of it happening again. I don't plan on stopping though. I am who I am, and I just need to try to be ready for the accusation when it comes. I'lll... I'll just try to be ready."
"Anyway, um, I've had quite some time to think on things, and one part of something from a while back really bugs me. Lady Solifuge, you never properly answered my questions to you earlier. I don't understand why you became so serious, so suddenly, and it worries me still. you never explained your questions, you never said what you learned from them, you never really addressed my concerns in any proper way. This... well, it bothers me. I asked one of the servants here what you were doing while I was... indisposed... and you seem to be following in Lady Web's footsteps regarding Lady GriffDay, and otherwise have been somewhat... unavailable? In any case, although I think Lady GriffDay's accusations of Lady NQT are not on very solid ground, I am confused by your reaction to them. It seems like a valid line of inquiry to me, not enough to want to kick her out, but enough to ask questions over. Yet you're pressing her on focusing too much on a single target, while focusing on a single target yourself. This... well, it's odd. and I... well, right now, If I were going to pick someone to kick out right now, it wouldn't be Lady Griffday, it would be you."

Madam Lenglon
Given your last post [same problems like me? :P] I'll have to ask you something that I usually see the case is, in people doing RP.

-snip-

"How do you see scumhunting communication through that method? Emotional cues and tone differences sometimes make their appearance in a different way to people, and in the context of Mafia, it may also be easily misinterpreted.

"What do you think is the essence (why it is asked) behind people saying 'RP'ing can be used as a diversion'?"

Tiruin:I think RP makes for a very poor diversion, and that most of the gripe against it is nothing more than the desire to have people write posts that are easy to skim over and don't require properly reading them. I think it is useful for learning what emotion someone is feeling as they post, particularly when they switch to and from using RP.

Lenglon goes and gets a glass of water for Solifuge, and offers it to her.
Solifuge: you dropped your RP almost completely when you answered that. why?
Thank you... but I still have no idea what you mean.

Solifuge: you had no follow-up to the questions you asked me, why? what did you learn from them?
Oh, don't be so -nervous-, m'lady. We're just getting to know one another.
*At this, Lady Solifuge takes a sip from the offered glass, before leaning in closer with a small smile.*

When you should be nervous, I'll let you know.
Solifuge: This was blatant evasion, please explain it. On the first question simply compare your first and second post's levels of RP. on the second one you failed to answer either question in any way. also, I dislike your case on GriffDay. I feel his line of questioning is valid for pressure, and he has been quite forthright while making it, although it doesn't qualify as a good lynch case.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There hasn't been that much activity recently... who were you trying to haul in here?  I'll prod 'em.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Vektor: Leafsnail has been gone for 43 hours now, Solifuge 71.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vektor: Leafsnail has been gone for 43 hours now, Solifuge 71.

Leafsnail and Solifuge have been prodded.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

lenglon if you would rather kick Tiruin out rather that griffionday then why arent' you voting her?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

lenglon if you would rather kick Tiruin out rather that griffionday then why arent' you voting her?
Where did she say that?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Still getting my stuff set up and stable at the new place. Got some time at a compy right now, so I'll go over things soon.

Also, so many extensions. I'm kind of waiting for Day 2, so we can have something concrete to go on. Can this be the last one please?))

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

web: its the last sentence of the purple RP text.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Still getting my stuff set up and stable at the new place. Got some time at a compy right now, so I'll go over things soon.

Also, so many extensions. I'm kind of waiting for Day 2, so we can have something concrete to go on. Can this be the last one please?))
That's stupid and lazy. You don't go to Day 2 to get something concrete. You determine a legitimate person to lynch on Day 1, and then prepare to use any additional information for Day 2. When did all the things that happened Today suddenly disappear? Please don't EVER say that again, because that is such an awful way to look at it. That just feels like you don't care a lick about what happens.

web: its the last sentence of the purple RP text.
Oh. I skip over it, because I assume RP is basically extra fluff. Like it should be. Carry on.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

That was addressed to Solifuge, not Tiruin.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 70